CoD: Advanced Warfare

Soldato
Only interested in the single player - does it still have the awful, immersion-killing FOLLOW sign over npc's heads, and if so is there any way to turn it off this time?

Soldato
So whats the graphics likes in this then? Ive heard the ingame cutscenes look better than actual gameplay, is this right?

Ive been watching some vids and have to say it dosent have the wow factor imo, it only seems to come alive if you 4K downsample whilst still having the settings on max but unless you have a monster rig this isnt really a playable option.

Soldato
Are you playing the same game as me? Its nothing like titanfall, they are two totally different games. Not sure why people are trying to compare them.

Soldato
The cut scenes are pre rendered videos, nothing new there. Its not quite as impressive as some of the screenshots might suggest but nice all the same.

Some of the cut scenes I was struggling to tell whether it was in fact CGI or actual video footage that had been filtered and tweaked to look CGI-ish. Very impressed with it.

Soldato
I can see where the Titanfall comparisons are coming from due the the run and gun while jumping in and out of windows and all over buildings. It plays like Titanfall wihtout the titans and without the polish.

Soldato
Are you playing the same game as me? Its nothing like titanfall, they are two totally different games. Not sure why people are trying to compare them.

Nothing like Titanfall is correct, it's worse. Movement isn't as polished. This game feels clunky in comparison.

Not sure why you feel the two can't be compared tbh.

Caporegime
One game is 50% calling down giant Titan mechs and battling in those, and you can wall-run over a lot of the map and hang from ceilings etc.

The other game is jump boosting around occasionally on top of the old COD mechanics...

Soldato
Ever played pilot only? Titanfall was rubbish because the bots and titans. Once they allowed pilots only it was good.

Just because the games aren't identical doesn't stop people from comparing. To me this is CoDs take on TF and they've messed up with the movment. I'm sorry my opinion differs from yours :o

Caporegime
I enjoyed Titanfall when it was released, it wasn't "Rubbish" IMO.

And no, I never did play Pilots only because, for me, that took away the main thing that differentiated Titanfall from other First person shooters.

I'm having no problems with clunky controls. It's a very fast paced game compared with most shooters. It took me hours to get back in to the COD groove (Last one I played a lot of was Black Ops on Xbox 360!) but now I am pretty good.

SPG

SPG

Suspended
Shame, its the only game mode in COD that is worthwhile imo (i know others hate it) The BF series of it plays out to fast.

Associate
Initial impressions of multiplayer are that Titanfalls movement is vastly superior and makes CoD feel really really unpolished in that regard. Need to put more time into multiplayer before I feel comfortable summing up the over all experience.

I am enjoying the single player, even though its obviously just same old interactive movie but I enjoy that non the less. The graphics are also quite pretty in some parts although rather bland in others.

Soldato
Problem with Titanfall is that it's completely shallow. It has no depth at all, it's fun for an hour then becomes tiresome.

The only thing you can compare this too it is that you can boost jump, that's not new in either game. Plus the boost jump in this has weight, Titanfall it felt very light and floaty.

Back
Top Bottom