CoD: Advanced Warfare

Soldato
Does anyone know if there are known map bugs?

I have played a few hours tonight and had the bug where you hang on Synchronising then get booted back to lobby.

Every time it has happened tonight has been whilst trying to load the map Defender in TDM mode.

One thing I will say about the new movement, it is making bot users far easier to spot :) Had a couple of bot users tonight, and it is so obvious they are hacking when the person they are shooting at jets off in a random direction and their crosshair stays locked on and actually matches the speed/direction of the player without missing a shot. I know some people use on the fly sens changes but come on, do these kids not realise how obvious they are?

One thing I would like to see changed is the time to chat after the match has ended. You just about have time to say GG, that is it. This wouldn't be a problem except there does not appear to be any way to chat in the lobby during the intermission. That sucks (Even Titanfall has chat in lobby). I would also like to see a console. Or have some way of looking at what has been said between spawns, and who said it etc.

Also, the 15 second countdown where you just have to sit and wait. Surely it would be better to allow movement, or even remove it completely (or perhaps reduce to 5 seconds)?

Overall, I am enjoying multiplayer so far. Although it definitely does seem like whoever sees first, wins. Very hard to kill a player with the drop on you.

Having said that I like how things are balanced. I have been playing TDM and it has primarily been on relatively small and fast paced maps. Camping is just not possible because every area has several entry points so it makes the games flow nicely. I have been doing OK, and it feels like the matchmaking is a bit more effective than other games I have played. I do agree with what others have said though, the movement seems a bit clunky.

Mainly because of the massive difference between boost and run speed and the fact it is quite hard to move around the map fluidly. I am still getting used to it though, but it does not feel anywhere near as intuitive or fluid as Titanfall does (or Tribes or Quake 3 for that matter :) )

I will stick with it, though. Even with the flaws and niggles, it has still been enjoyable for me. I am an outspoken CoD critic, but I will give credit where credit is due - Advanced Warfare is a good laugh :)

Soldato
Patch is live, can't say im over the moon with the fix list though :(

Adjustment to the in-game chat names notifications placement.

Fixed Prestige reset issues, including emblems and challenges.

Fixed marksman and camo challenges to not reset when you Prestige.

Connectivity optimizations for game servers.

Fixed issues with Ping Bar not updating correctly.

Fixed stats not accumulating towards leaderboards after Prestiging.

Adjustment to challenges to unlock camos for weapons.

Fixed round-based game modes, affecting Win/Loss ratios.

Implemented ability to unlock eSports Rule options in Private Match.

Fixed weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances.

Added description to reload informing that you can double-tap to speed reload.

Fixed DoubleXP splash, so it doesn't show up in Private Match, Combat Readiness Program, or Exo Survival mode.
Showing 4x or 2x based on whether a loot DoubleXP item exists

Add DoubleXP icon to medal splashes when DoubleXP is active.

Fixed rare save game issue affecting playthrough progression

KC score limit increased to 85 per match.

Caporegime
Because the single player shares video/sound assets with the multiplayer.

And once you complete the campaign you can delete that portion and still play Multiplayer without issue.

Caporegime
I'm downloading the SP first then by the time I've completed it the MP should have downloaded. I just thought it was a bit weird that there's a 30GB difference, surely there can't be 30GB worth of maps for the MP and the weapons, graphics, audio etc would all be downloaded in the single player bit wouldn't it?

Caporegime
Like I said, they share assets and I guess the developers decided (wisely) to put them in the portion that people will tend to keep on their system.

I wish more games would do that actually, would make freeing up space easier.

Caporegime
To me it seems more like they couldn't be bothered compressing certain things, like Titanfall with the ridiculous amount of data the audio files used, I think it was 50GB. CoD has been doing the split single and multiplayer download since at least MW2 I just wondered why there was a 30GB gap between the two when most if not all of the multiplayer weapons will also be in the campaign, not to mention the cutscenes and dialogue that will be in the campaign but not the MP.

Soldato
Best COD campaign since the early ones. I enjoyed this more than any modern warfare campaign and the graphics were amazing in parts.

Soldato
Feels like playing on a yank server i'm that far off the mark.
Watching replays in killcam it shows me well in the open, on my screen i've been behind cover for ages. Bullets i've shot are not showing, regardless of hitting or not.

Wont be playing until proper servers are put in, horrible.

Caporegime
Feels like playing on a yank server i'm that far off the mark.
Watching replays in killcam it shows me well in the open, on my screen i've been behind cover for ages. Bullets i've shot are not showing, regardless of hitting or not.

Wont be playing until proper servers are put in, horrible.

Yep, noticing the same and also noticing that a few people have unbelievable skill. I double jump with a forward dash and whilst they are also double jumping, they manage to keep their gun honed in on me with unnatural like movements and every bullet hitting me......

Loving the game but the lack of dedicated servers is really killing it for me.

Associate
I played this last night for the first time, spent half an hour on the MP mode and another half and hour on the SP mode. First impressions are that the multiplayer maps seem overly bright, almost cartoon like, but maybe this is intended to create a futuristic feel, and the last game I played was Crysis 3 which is generally much darker.
The movement isn't as fluent as Titanfall, but im not going to repeat everything that's already been said until I can pass my own judgement.

The SP mode seems better visually, more atmospheric and not overly bright, however, I was expecting more graphically, (again Crysis 3) especially with textures. Everything seems very Console like. Turned everything up as much as It would go other then super sampling, and wasn't impressed. The 290x barely broke a sweat.

Overall I will say im going to give it more time, and not slate it on first impressions, Im hoping the MP mode pays out and I get chance to spend hours running and gunning, but I did like titanfalls movement and this has either been slowed down on purpose, or its a step in the wrong direction.

Back
Top Bottom