CODWWII

Soldato
Run ok for me. But god it's a shallow game.

Seems having the green dot is a must. What walls you could and could not shoot through seemed pretty random. Snipers seemed weird, couldn't place my finger on it.

Associate
Found it had a lot of input lag until I set everything to "off/ low" - will go through the settings one at a time later & see if I can find out what causes it.

Movement is nice with 250 FPS, though can't seem to strafe as well as COD4.

I'm not a fan of the snipers or the fact that both sides can use the same weapons (though I do understand it) game just feels very linear & boring to me, nothing groundbreaking imho - totally different games I know, but it literally has zero immersion compared to BF1 - just feels very bland.

Soldato
Can't remember COD being such headless chicken action, there was the odd map like Container and the Cargo ship one, but action from what I remember seemed more creep around than run and gun.
Getting a bit of motion sickness from bumping around when sprinting.
Graphics look a bit blurred? I'm running max settings.

Will play a bit more to make my mind up bit 50/50 atm, it's no battlefield that's for sure but could be a nice alternative to play every now and again. The single will be awesome I'm thinking.

Associate
Enjoyed it for what it is, but call of duty is really brain dead now isn't it, running around with an SMG in the hope you get the drop on someone else with an SMG. After I played this I reinstalled CoD4 and it's still the much better game after all these years..

Man of Honour
Enjoyed it for what it is, but call of duty is really brain dead now isn't it, running around with an SMG in the hope you get the drop on someone else with an SMG. After I played this I reinstalled CoD4 and it's still the much better game after all these years..

I'd agree with that. They're aren't going to change the formula after all these years. Particularly as it's been a successful one.

I did think it looked great at 4k and ran very well for me. That was after I turned on that shader preload setting. Before that it stuttered a bit.

I also reinstalled COD 4 as well. Seemed to be a fair few servers still running. Plenty of hackers as well.

Caporegime
I've also reinstalled COD4 but it runs like absolute garbage for some reason, FPS counter showing high but it's stuttering all over the place :(

Something not quite right there.

Caporegime
SP might be interesting but the mp is the same old cod spray and pray ********. Maps feel very small and the 6vs6 player count in tdm is laughable. Not sure if its the same player count for all modes but 6vs6 is ridiculous.

Associate
Hopefully someone creates a COD2 style mod.

Fixed load outs s&d 5 v 5 style etc. That may get me playing it more.

I had the odd bit of stutter last night. War mode makes things a bit more fun as you have to be tactical and not just run and gun.

Back
Top Bottom