CODWWII

Soldato
I played a server on World at War briefly where you weren't allowed to sprint, iirc you actually had to always be crouched, and had to use bolt action guns. Was fantastic as the slow pace made it very tactical.

Soldato
I remember playing the early CODs mainly with the DVDF clan, great fun. Modded server with no regenerating health (you had to grab health packs), limited sprinting (stamina checks) no bunny-hopping, no team killing allowed and some rifle only maps.

Happy days.

Soldato
I might pick this up for the SP, but TBH the MP doesn't interest me much. Being a Battlefiled player, I find TDM gets boring quickly, and that's the mode COD excels at. Then there's the inevitable kill streak awards which are a bad thing IMO, you'll probably get to call in a Lancaster bomber for a 3 kills streak etc etc..

Caporegime
I hate it when servers have completely ridiculous rules like no using the rocket launcher, don't use this perk, no running everywhere, no jumping on a full moon.

yep no bunny hoppying jumping or ban used to make me laugh.basically it was bad people who cant aim and hit a target.:D. the real funny thing is it wasnt even bunny hopping either.as that was removed from call of duty 1st patch and was never back in any cod.:p . bunny hopping is jumping to get a speed boost.many confuse it with just strafing or jumping round a corner and pre firing.often bad players or bad admins who cant help getting ruined. funny thing is any decent player will do it.

Soldato
The anti-bunny hopping was an attempt to get make the game a tad more realistic. You ever see soldiers jumping around in a battle...of course not.

Also it was used by saddos with zero "skill" attempting to gain an advantage.

Soldato
The anti-bunny hopping was an attempt to get make the game a tad more realistic. You ever see soldiers jumping around in a battle...of course not.

Also it was used by saddos with zero "skill" attempting to gain an advantage.

I wouldn't say 0 skill saddos. That's like saying the same of rocket jumpers in quake. Competitive players* will exploit any feature of the game that give them an advantage. Bunny hopping is a common one which depending on the game engine gives advantages like an increase in speed, a mismatch between the player and his hitbox, simply making them a difficult target to hit or in some cases (BF) wrecks the bunny hoppers accuracy due to increased spread.

In BF4 it's the french or "zuzu" jump around the corner. You see a lot of professional players exploiting this. Or the heli pilot who momentarily jumps out and back into of his heli mid flight to break a spot.

You might not like it, but if it's in the game it's a "feature not bug" unless it gets patched out.

*By Competative players I don't just mean the pros I mean anyone who will do anything other than cheat to win.

Soldato
Well that was the beauty of independent servers, you chose where you wanted to play, didn't like the rules? Go elsewhere.

You want to bunny hop and think it's OK, fine, go to a server where they allow it.

Well quite. It's one of the reasons BF1 has struggled compared to previous titles, the lack of server customization. There is no bf community or COD community there are many communities. Some people like infantry only, some are vehicle whores, some like no explosives, HC etc etc..

Caporegime
"saddos with zero "skill""

Lel..... Let me guess you are one of these players that blames every thing else, be it sweetfx users, your mouse, your keyboard, your internet connection, other players using an "OP" gun/gadget etc. etc. for your lack of skill? :D :p

Caporegime
^ Triggered :p

So are you getting COD then Nexus?
:D

the funny thing is its not " bunny jumping or bunny hoppying lol.

as described by two people now :p bunny hopping is to gain speed from jumping in a row.what is being described is just a jump and you prefire round corner or at said " noob " camping spot. " how did you know i was there? " its because everyone camps in same spots !!! :D

also as pointed out bunny hopping in cod games was removed in the very first game.first patch.so you cant bunny hop its impossible.

Soldato
:D

the funny thing is its not " bunny jumping or bunny hoppying lol.

as described by two people now :p bunny hopping is to gain speed from jumping in a row.what is being described is just a jump and you prefire round corner or at said " noob " camping spot. " how did you know i was there? " its because everyone camps in same spots !!! :D

also as pointed out bunny hopping in cod games was removed in the very first game.first patch.so you cant bunny hop its impossible.

IMO people use bunny hopping these days to describe anyone who bounces around all over the place, it may have originally been to gain speed (I believe Tribes is the ultimate there). Constantly jumping may or may not infer an advantage depending on the game. The zuzu jump is a little more than jumping round a corner and pre-firing. You need to start the jump where your target can't see, and zoom in mid air. This causes your animation to seem to dophin dive and slide around the corner which provides a harder target..

Warning contains 2 swear words..

Last edited:
Caporegime
^ Triggered :p

So are you getting COD then Nexus?
Could say that.... :p

Just tired of seeing people blame everything and everyone else but themselves for their lack of skill in games.

And no, more than likely not unless the SP is outstanding.... COD MP + modern warfare, WW 1/2 shooters don't really appeal to me these days. The only FPS MP game I am somewhat looking forward to is SWBF 2!

Associate
Impressive trailer, just have to see if the actual game lives up to it. Fingers crossed.

Looking at the trailer I think a slight upgrade will possibly be in order for me. :rolleyes:

Soldato
This could be good if they make a few changes to multiplayer, namely:

1. Stop people sliding and lying down, or at least change it so that both of those things put you at a disadvantage, it's very annoying to be shooting at someone only for them to do one of the above.
  2. Punish people for quitting games. Rage quitting is pathetic and childish, you should lose xp every time you quit a game.
  3. Ideally bring back dedicated servers but failing that improve the p2p algorithm so it always picks the best host.
  4. Better maps that are less maze-like. Have clear areas of conflict, it's frustrating never knowing where the enemy will be.

Soldato
maybe a remaster of the old, but not quite specific?

world at war was a brilliant one and black ops 1 & 2(on console obviously), mainly for old school and zombies and nuketown, ive enjoyed all till ops 3, was good, but dont play it now, cant even be bothered for zombies or nuketown and only zombies make me play IW still as i only have the base game, just cant be bothered.

Back
Top Bottom