CODWWII

Soldato
This could be good if they make a few changes to multiplayer, namely:

1. Stop people sliding and lying down, or at least change it so that both of those things put you at a disadvantage, it's very annoying to be shooting at someone only for them to do one of the above.
  2. Punish people for quitting games. Rage quitting is pathetic and childish, you should lose xp every time you quit a game.
  3. Ideally bring back dedicated servers but failing that improve the p2p algorithm so it always picks the best host.
  4. Better maps that are less maze-like. Have clear areas of conflict, it's frustrating never knowing where the enemy will be.

none of this will happen.

Soldato
I'll happily take a remake of the original.
Was that 1st Infantry, then?

Just tired of seeing people blame everything and everyone else but themselves for their lack of skill in games.
There's lack of skill, and then there's immersion-breaking. I'd not be getting this to play a generic FPS with all the usual rules and physics and skillsets that work in every other FPS. That's what things like Titanfall are for.
I'd be looking at this for a realistic portrayal of WW2 in Normandy... possibly not even bothering with MP if everyone is bouncing around in the middle of incoming fire.

Caporegime
If you want realism then you want a different game.
This.

Already plenty of games that cover realism:

- rising storm
- insurgency
- arma
- squad

All bore me to death.

COD has and always will be a casual quick twitch shooter, there is nothing else on the market like this other than some free to play games.

BF "used" to be right in the middle of casual and sim, which I loved but it now leans closer to the casual side....

Associate
shot0001_zps20rybyht.jpg
Fingers crossed.

Used to play sniper only servers back in the day, a much more enjoyable slower paced experience than being mowed down with SMG's.

Me too, used to have some good times back in the day;)
shot0000_zpsdrs1thhj.jpg

Caporegime
i put cod 1 on my pc few weeks ago and played it for first time in ages.was weird joining my old >Mugs< Clan server and playing brecourt and caretan.was just as brilliant.

Associate
Not feeling the hype on this at all, so many cutscenes it seems, typical COD format, I'm guessing another 5 hour mediocre campaign, and why D day again, haven't we done that in MOHAA, just seems so bland to me, more of the same with updated visuals

Soldato
Not feeling the hype on this at all, so many cutscenes it seems, typical COD format, I'm guessing another 5 hour mediocre campaign, and why D day again, haven't we done that in MOHAA, just seems so bland to me, more of the same with updated visuals

5 hours!? since when has a cod campaign lasted that long?

also, d day would be cool, if they can invoke the right atmosphere, which i'll begrudgingly admit they can do when they want to, although who wants to place bets on landing with an m1 garand with a red dot esque sight and a thompson as a sidearm which you'll then instantly start using instead.

Back
Top Bottom