Coffee machines, Tassimo or Nespresso?

Associate
noticed this on hotuk - interesting comment about vouchers

is there any catch - do you have to inject some cash yourself to redeem the vouchers.

yes you have to order in 50's

the note i get when i order myself (no vouchers)
"Please note that for packaging purposes the total number of capsules ordered must be a multiple of 50. "

however don't forget usually you have to buy 200capsules to get free delivery, but currently they're running a free delivery when you buy 100 or more (ends on 14/02)

Last edited:
Caporegime
noticed this on hotuk - interesting comment about vouchers

is there any catch - do you have to inject some cash yourself to redeem the vouchers.

you get 3 x £25 vouchers which you need to use on 3 seperate orders.

You need to order in multiples of 50 (on their website) and you need to pay postage (on their website) if under a certain amount. However you can always use the vouchers in their nespresso stores by getting them to login to your account that way you can order exactly £25 worth of capsules and pay zero postage.

I don't see how anyone could think it's a con. You get £25 off 3 orders. It's still £75 worth of free capsules just split up between 3 orders.

Soldato
yes you have to order in 50's

the note i get when i order myself (no vouchers)
"Please note that for packaging purposes the total number of capsules ordered must be a multiple of 50. "

however don't forget usually you have to buy 200capsules to get free delivery, but currently they're running a free delivery when you buy 100 or more (ends on 14/02)

Thats all good I can deal with that. At the end of the day you will still end up getting £75's worth of capsules for free, even if you do have to pay a bit extra yourself.

EDIT - Bah Psycho Sonny you beat me to it!

Caporegime
On the Nespresso site there is no reduction for bulk purchase - for ristretto anyway - why is that - is it an inclusivity thing ?
(am used to a bulk reduction from Rave roasters anyway)
hoping to find an answer saw this article abpout Nespresso marketting strategy but did not answer the question

It's a set price of around 35p per capsule regardless of if you buy 10 or 1000

Associate
On the Nespresso site there is no reduction for bulk purchase - for ristretto anyway - why is that - is it an inclusivity thing ?
(am used to a bulk reduction from Rave roasters anyway)
hoping to find an answer saw this article abpout Nespresso marketting strategy but did not answer the question

never seen it and my guess is they don't need to as people are still buying enough ;)

Soldato
Just ordered some Nespresso capsules to try as our office has a machine and everybody says how good is it! Usually I just drink Douwe Egberts Hazelnut coffee.

Is there any particular techniques to getting the best coffee from the machines? I like my coffee milky but quite strong.

Soldato
Just ordered some Nespresso capsules to try as our office has a machine and everybody says how good is it! Usually I just drink Douwe Egberts Hazelnut coffee.

Is there any particular techniques to getting the best coffee from the machines? I like my coffee milky but quite strong.

It's hard because it's a work machine, but ensuring it's clean and descaled. Usually running hot water after the last coffee was dispensed helps keep them clean.

If you have the milk frother whatever they call it (I doubt it) that would help, but really the coffee is what it is.

Soldato
It's hard because it's a work machine, but ensuring it's clean and descaled. Usually running hot water after the last coffee was dispensed helps keep them clean.

If you have the milk frother whatever they call it (I doubt it) that would help, but really the coffee is what it is.
No milk frother unfortunately, but I guess I can just microwave the milk for a bit first

Caporegime
In case any of you may have missed this. I only just figured this out after owning one for a year.

The aeroccino (nespresso milk frother) comes with a 2 in 1 whisk. You can remove the round coil spring and you can see 2 tabs on the lid where it attaches to for safe storage. That way you can heat milk up without copius amounts of froth.

Clip it back on if you desire a frothy coffee.

Soldato
In case any of you may have missed this. I only just figured this out after owning one for a year.

The aeroccino (nespresso milk frother) comes with a 2 in 1 whisk. You can remove the round coil spring and you can see 2 tabs on the lid where it attaches to for safe storage. That way you can heat milk up without copius amounts of froth.

I saw this on a youtube video. I prefer without the spring to be honest. I am sure in older models you got two separate whisks. You can also buy whisks on eBay.

Soldato

Thanks for that heads up. Was wondering earlier how I get it to just give me some hot, non-frothed milk!

Soldato
Well I used my first £25 towards the Discovery 150 pack and free cups.

Love the coffee that this makes the frothier is also a must I would say for those who do not like drinking straight espresso shots.

What is everyone heres favourite pod so far?

Back
Top Bottom