Coffee machines, Tassimo or Nespresso?

Soldato
Just tested the Seal Pods for the first time. It worked! Was easy enough to fill the pod etc and it seemed to work perfectly, just like an official nespresso capsule.

I used some Rave Colombian Suarez (The first rave coffee I've tried) and it tasted amazing :)

Soldato
Yes. I picked up a pack of each yesterday when I was in London. I'm not impressed.

Even the 'intense' one is very light on coffee flavour. I've only tried it in an ice latte so far but compared to my usual recipe (2 pods of Arpeggio which gives a nice chocolately coffee taste) it had almost no coffee flavour. I'm going to try the other pack in a bit but I'm expecting even less flavour.

I haven't tried them as an espresso though, I'll do that too.

Soldato
So as I thought the Nespresso Legerro is a waste of hot water as it had next to no coffee flavour. I guess if you like overly weak coffee then you may like them but no, not for me.

Personally I'd give both the "ice" pods a miss.

Soldato
Taste is a very personal thing of course so you may really like them. I really didn't :)

My other half quite likes the "intenso on ice" capsules but wishes there was a tad more flavour. For my tastes a double apreggio hits the spot.

Soldato
They do indeed both have a different taste. One has almost no taste and the other has absolutely no taste :)

I like a very strong coffee flavour so these aren't for me but my other half likes them a lot so I'll get some more ordered.

Soldato
They do indeed both have a different taste. One has almost no taste and the other has absolutely no taste :)

I like a very strong coffee flavour so these aren't for me but my other half likes them a lot so I'll get some more ordered.

Haha! I would not say the taste is missing but I agree the strength is missing from them. Is the strongest pod strong enough for you?

Soldato
My hotel room on Wednesday night had a Nespresso machine in it with a variety of pods. I meant to make an arpeggio but made a decaf by mistake - it didn't taste the same but it still tasted good. I think I'll keep some in the house.

Has anyone tried the Pact pods? I've got a box sitting here that I'll crack open later and try.

Soldato
The coffee from the Pact pods tastes great, there's a really nice cherry and dark chocolate taste. The pods aren't a teriffic fit though, I needed to use noticably more force to get the door thingy on the machine to close then the pod needed to be prodded from above to get it to fall into teh used capsule box.

That coupled with the extra cost of the Pact pods means I'm not likely to get any more.

Back
Top Bottom