Comfortable Jeans?

Man of Honour
@Evian Levi's 504 or 508 are more roomy at the thigh than 501 and 511. Levi's stores also do free adjustments. It's worth finding a store and trying them.

Soldato
I always struggle with all kinds of trousers.. bigger quads and big booty = 90% of jeans/chinos etc dont fit!

at home I am always in tracksuit bottoms and for work I find one out 6 pairs of trousers I have that fit.. lovely! will check out jack and jones as it's getting on my nerves lately :D

Associate
@Evian Levi's 504 or 508 are more roomy at the thigh than 501 and 511. Levi's stores also do free adjustments. It's worth finding a store and trying them.

Eventually found a brand that actually works for me... Wrangler, Got 3 pairs of them recently, Got the Texas Stroke jeans and Arizona Daytime stretch jeans, They are amazing ! Will make sure to stock up on them!

Soldato
I used to buy burtons jeans (cheap and cheerful) but for whatever reason, the fit of them has changed completely and are horrendous to wear. The quality has taken a dive too.

I now own a few pairs of scotch & soda skinny fit jeans. And they’re really comfortable and fit great (30 waist, 30 leg) :)

Man of Honour
Burtons took a nose dive for me around 2005 or so - fit and quality went out the window IMO around about then. I had a quick browse the other day more out of nostalgia than anything and the quality seemed really bad to me.

Soldato
They really are rubbish. Compared to more expensive brands. (I’d never paid more than £40 for a pair of jeans before)

The quality of the more expensive brands are worth it IMO.

Man of Honour
I've been trying Gap slim stretch recently and quite pleased with them. Also quite cheap when they have a 40% off deal (which is frequent).

Soldato
Eventually found a brand that actually works for me... Wrangler

I bought some Wranglers off the back of this thread and am sticking with them. Quality of the fabric and the cut is far superior to all the Levi's I have ever owned. I have had better jeans but not without spending upwards of £120. I have some Larston & Boyton.

Soldato
I always struggle with all kinds of trousers.. bigger quads and big booty = 90% of jeans/chinos etc dont fit!

at home I am always in tracksuit bottoms and for work I find one out 6 pairs of trousers I have that fit.. lovely! will check out jack and jones as it's getting on my nerves lately :D

I have the same problem it's not due to gym work though :(

Soldato
I struggle with jeans too, I’m a 34” waist and Levi jeans fit me well but other brands don’t.

I bought some Firetrap jeans and needed a 38” in order to be comfortable yet I also got some jeans from Next which were a 32” and felt good too.

Man of Honour
Just got some Levi 511 stretch which are comfortable!
I feel like 511's stretch should, almost, be the perfect jeans for me. The problem is my thighs are larger than average (not through working out - I skip legs day lol). So 511's in my usual 30" are great in the waist, bum and lower legs. But the thighs are too tight. The 32" is OK in the thighs but starts the get too baggy elsewhere. The problem with levis is also their sizing is fairly random so finding a good 31" is tricky.

Caporegime
Diesel for me, expensive but last.

I actually mostly wear chinos recently, just because of how comfy they are. Especially in hotter weather.

Soldato
I feel like 511's stretch should, almost, be the perfect jeans for me. The problem is my thighs are larger than average (not through working out - I skip legs day lol). So 511's in my usual 30" are great in the waist, bum and lower legs. But the thighs are too tight. The 32" is OK in the thighs but starts the get too baggy elsewhere. The problem with levis is also their sizing is fairly random so finding a good 31" is tricky.
I've always had the same problem as I work out (no skipping leg day :p)

I always have to buy jeans which are too big on my waist so that they fit my bum and upper legs properly.

Soldato
What do people recommend for longevity? Typically buy 501's but they don't last a fantastic length of time. Don't mind paying a bit more.

Soldato
Jeans out of the house or chinos. But when I'm indoors or casual I'm straight into joggers

This.

All my jeans are from River Island. Might buy a pair of Levis next.

Never wash them. I wear them for about two years until there's signs of age/damage and donate them.

Back
Top Bottom