Commodore Amiga owners thread!

This is like keeping 75% of an OG Amiga and improving the remaining 25% but then losing out on features like image files for floppy disks and faster loading times etc. Unless you've got one of those usb loaders for a floppy or an internal HDD etc.

I've used my Amiga a number of times, but using the PCMCIA card to put the latest homebrew games on it, is a little tiresom. Plus I don't want to keep using the original Amiga monitor as I'm running out of space in the house :D

I've got a A1200 sat on a shelf at the moment which i'd love to give another go, i know there's emulators etc but something about using it again is an itch :) unfortunately I can't find the psu or mouse which I know will be somewhere but thats another question so any recommendations on either?

I've got a A1200 sat on a shelf at the moment which i'd love to give another go, i know there's emulators etc but something about using it again is an itch :) unfortunately I can't find the psu or mouse which I know will be somewhere but thats another question so any recommendations on either?
If you search for Amiga brick power supply on eBay, you should get options. The A500 PSU works on the A1200. You can also buy the 9 pin mouse or buy a 9pin to USB adapter and use a USB mouse on your A1200.

I have an A500 in the loft with a handful of games packed away, honestly had not given it a thought I have a shocking amount of stuff up there
Its the games I miss. We've either not had remakes of them period or the ones offered up have not held up their end
Sensible World of Soccer, Cannon Fodder, Worms, Lemmings

I have an A500 in the loft with a handful of games packed away, honestly had not given it a thought I have a shocking amount of stuff up there
Its the games I miss. We've either not had remakes of them period or the ones offered up have not held up their end
Sensible World of Soccer, Cannon Fodder, Worms, Lemmings

It's worth checking if there are any expansion cards in it with batteries. There are many cases of battery leaks causing damage. It's mostly an issue with the a500+ mainboard but as mentioned some expansion cards can have batteries too.

Last edited:
It's worth checking if there are any expansion cards in it with batteries. There are many cases of battery leaks causing damage. It's mostly an issue with the a500+ mainboard but as mentioned some expansion cards can have batteries too.
Wouldn't know where to start its been in moving boxes for over 2 decades :D
And I'm not well enough to go messing about in the loft space in this heat
Although I will say, it was all taken apart/packaged decently at the time

Last edited:
PSU arrived from ebay and seems in good condition and A1200 is powering up! unfortunately i've got nothing to connect to a tv/ monitor whats the easiest/ cheapest way? I do still have an old tv with a scart socket if thats easier?

Recently came into possession of a Amiga 600. No idea if it works apart from that I get the green light when it powers on.

None of the televisions in my house have composite or even a scart connection. What would be the best/cheapest way to try and get a picture out of this to test it?

I fancy getting a crt for it if its all in working order.

Recently came into possession of a Amiga 600. No idea if it works apart from that I get the green light when it powers on.

None of the televisions in my house have composite or even a scart connection. What would be the best/cheapest way to try and get a picture out of this to test it?

Should be just an RCA to HMDI adaptor but I don't know which one to recommend. Start cheap and work your way up :D

A600 has a built in modulator... just use the aerial cable from your TV to its RF input?

USB adapter and use a USB mouse on your A1200.
I tried that and it didn't work, lol, just replaced my old tank mouse, with another tank mouse from ebay, kinda annoying because my old tank mouse had intact security seals over the screws, I still have the old one which works fully., its just the top is loose, would give it away here, but I'm not allowed because I lost use of the MM

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom