Computex 2017: My thoughts and of course images of show girls

OcUK Staff
Initially the 8Pack Pro Dark 3200C14-14-14 kit I did a lot of qualification work with Ryzen and the older Bios and as such qualified it on over 10 of the most popular motherboards. Of course this entry into 8Pack mems is also fully qualified on all Intel platforms Z270 and up.

Today I tried some OC on these kits.
rqzQ9B.jpg

Not bad 3866mhz C12-12-12-28 1T ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
That is Samsung B die for you, for the money this RAM is incredible. The 8 Pack memory range will be far bigger by end of the month and really will be the go too solution for both Ryzen and Z270/X299 builds. :)

OcUK Staff
OP

Video of the latest Teamgroup stuff which is all coming to OcUK! The Xtreem (8 Pack) this month, the RGB Rainbow is in stock now and the RGB lightning will be soon along with their SSD also which uses a good heatsink to make sure the performance level is maintained and does not drop off.

OcUK Staff
The spd on all 8Pack sku is tested by me, qualified and binned by an overclocker to my spec and what Gibbo wishes to attain also.

Even 3200 kit can oc well as you can see from my quick results.

OcUK Staff
The 3200 c14 kit is aimed at being very solid on older platforms and ryzen as well as the new Intel platforms. I qualified the spd on 15 different am4 boards including low end models before deciding on the settings.

OcUK Staff
OP
Looks a great option to me, and no more ambiguity over whether it will perform well or not!! That's worth a fair few quid on its own imo :cool:

Yes, I've asked 8 Pack to test in X299 in both dual and quad. In theory in dual it should be good for around 4600MHz and around 4000MHz in quad, but we shall see.

The advantage of Samsung B die is it has fantastic compatibility so works in such a large amount of mainboards and different chipsets, then it has the flexibility of being able to run extreme tight timings and high speed or totally outrageous speeds if you slacken timings. The only downside is Samsung B die does not come cheap, but the saying goes, you get what you pay for and with Samsung B die it is 100% true!

OcUK Staff
OP
Yup, but a sweet 7920X build is going to last a loooooong time, so it's a worthwile investment is can get them to 4Ghz :cool:

Yes absolutely as Samsung B die is maxing out the IC, so on X299 frequencies or latency won't improve over time so X299, 7820 or 7900, some 8 Pack RAM is a very future proof build indeed. All those cores and MHz will last for some years to come. :)

OcUK Staff
The Samsung b die can't go 4GB only 8GB sticks. So performance on 4GB sticks will not be as good in terms of timings or speeds.

We are discussing now how to get 4GB sticks in a decent performance sku.

OcUK Staff
OP
The Samsung b die can't go 4GB only 8GB sticks. So performance on 4GB sticks will not be as good in terms of timings or speeds.

We are discussing now how to get 4GB sticks in a decent performance sku.

This, those who crave best performance and OC then it has to be Samsung B die which means 16Gb dual kit or a 32Gb quad kit, which if your planning X299 quad channel you need to go for 32Gb if max performance/overclock is a priority.

Back
Top Bottom