1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computex 2017: My thoughts and of course images of show girls

Discussion in 'Latest News, Deals & Special Offers' started by Gibbo, Jun 5, 2017.

1. RSR

Soldato

How comes the sudden change of heart toward stocking G.Skill?

2. JediFragger

Capodecina

Only the high-end stuff is worth it, the more standard stuff they're not bothering with.

3. 8 Pack

OcUK Staff

We met with them at computex and agreed a plan.

For sure GSkill excel at the top end and those are the sku we are stocking. It's that simple really.

4. Gibbo

Commissario

They met my demands after meeting in person in Taiwan, hopefully they keep it up. :)

5. RSR

Soldato

That's really good news and it will make a lot of people happy on here. :)

6. Carbon Copied

Gangster

Fair enough chaps - the board and CPU I'm looking to pair the Dark Team specifically to is the ASUS Edition 10 / 6850k so although not on the QVL for top end speeds (which I understand is that risk) it should still function towards that threshold. If there is going to be a x4 8gb flavour of the 3000/3200 Quad Team Group Dark available then I might take a punt on those - equally though would putting several Dual Channel x2 4gb sets together be wise/unwise as an alternative? I'll be honest that I'm being drawn to them more on an aesthetic level for my project.

7. doug_1986

Gangster

Great photos! Looks like an awesome event to go to

8. Gibbo

Commissario

Yes this also works fine.

People need to understand there is no such thing as a dual or quad channel only kit. You can buy a quad channel and split it for two different systems for example. You can buy two dual kits and run them quad channel.

The reason manufacturers list quad channel separately is because quad channel is more demanding on the IC and CPU, as such say a dual kit that runs 4600MHz in dual, if you buy two 4600MHz dual kits and then install in quad channel, you won't get 4600MHz because the IC of the CPU is not capable of achieving this.

However if you buy two dual 4133MHz Samsung B die, they would most likely run 4133MHz quad channel.

So buying the 8 Pack 3200MHz dual kit x2 to create quad channel is absolutely fine, it will run 3200MHz in quad channel without breaking a sweat, in fact its good for around 4000MHz with slack timings.

As myself and 8 Pack keep saying, Samsung B die it the bees knees, it is one of the best IC's in memory to come out, it has such amazing flexibility, crazy tight, or lax with crazy frequency, loves both dual and quad setups, its simply a superb IC and Samsung know it, hence why they charge us so much more for it, but in this instance you really get what you pay for. :)

9. Carbon Copied

Gangster

@Gibbo much appreciated for the heads up just wasn't entirely sure whether they would break the mould and cause issues with them being at the higher end of the market; an order is inbound. Did ping a trust message to you re-heatsinks (not sure if received you've probably got your fair share of incoming traffic to deal with) - can direct to the sales team if needed.

10. Gibbo

Commissario

My trust is disabled, no time for that, haha.

We have Kingston, TeamGroup who more than have the market covered, G.Skill is more unique for the top-end which is where it sits nicely, otherwise it becomes a case of where do we stop when were partners with Corsair, Kingston, GeIL, TeamGroup, Crucial and now G.Skill, trying to stock all becomes a logistic nightmare, and the saying really is true. "Less is more" !

Another G.Skill video to enjoy:

11. Simon Belmont

Mobster

Wait, so my 32gb x4 Corsair white LED 2666 dual channel ram will work with 7820x 8c 12t Skylake X on a x299 board that says it only supports quad?

Is that right?

12. Gibbo

Commissario

Absolutely! It is why when Ryzen was launched and so many memory manufacturers were releasing Ryzen memory, it is all total BS, there is no such thing as Intel or AMD only memory. Memory is memory!

So your x4 modules will run in quad channel for sure, whether they will do 2666MHz though is unknown, but until you try you will not know, worse case is they'd no doubt do 2400MHz quad for sure.

13. Simon Belmont

Mobster

That's great news. Cheers Gibbo.

14. 8 Pack

OcUK Staff

People who run Xmp and take almost zero advantage of GSkill sticks. But
    The Dark I tested xmp in quad on X99 Asus rve 10 and it's working fine 14-14-14 no problem 3200mhz. I tested this stuff on a crazy amount of configurations. The spd is programmed for great compatibility.

15. prjwebb

Gangster

@Gibbo @8 Pack now that you guys are stocking the G Skill RGB stuff, I'd recommend having an advisory on the store page regarding using software to control the RGB lighting.
    It is know to corrupt the SPD.

16. Fanatic

Mobster

So these will be ready to ship on the 26th June with the Skylake X and X299?

17. Gibbo

Commissario

Probably mid July for more 8 Pack series memory, right now its just the dual 3200Mhz kit, a quad version will be coming very soon.

18. Fanatic

Mobster

That's cool, I was looking at the 3200MHz kit anyhoot. Or 2 of them :).

19. 8 Pack

OcUK Staff

3200mhz C14 for launch yes. 14-14-14 3200mhz ample for most and good OC headroom too on these.

20. Gibbo

Commissario

Yes if you buy 2 kits, they will run in quad channel fine, we already tested it, something crazy like 3866MHz C12 they hit in quad channel. :)