• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Nvidia are a LOT better than AMD thats why and pretty much in every metric. Intel are a bit better than AMD on processing performance, but now have worse thermal metric and possibly also worse power metric as well.

Its not that, Ryzen is on a 3Ghz rated mobile node, 3.3Ghz for 12nm Ryzen 2.

7nm TSMC should be a proper high speed node and Ryzen 3 will clock up properly.

Hi there

For those who want insanely high FPS to go with 144-240Hz refresh monitors or need a CPU that can power the latest 2080Ti, even in SLI, then you need frequency, so OcUK has put together a pair of bundle deals to try and offset the current high cost Intel processors are selling for generally world wide.

Both are these bundles are capable of 5.0GHz and high memory speeds as the Aorus memory kit uses Samsung B Die so also has some overclocking potential.

The bundles come with the following FREE items:

Gigabyte UD Pro 512GB SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps Toshiba 3D NAND Solid State Drive @ £79.99 inc VAT

GP-GSTFS30512GTTD, 512GB Gigabyte UD Pro, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 3D NAND technology, Read 530MB/s, Write 500MB/s, 80K/75K IOPS, 3yr Warranty

Only £79.99 inc VAT - FREE WITH BELOW BUNDLES!

ORDER NOW

intel starter pack - call of duty 4 black ops, killing floor 2, evasion & adobe bundle @ £149.99 inc vat

intel starter pack enthusiast speciality bundle including call of duty 4 black ops, killing floor 2, evasion and adobe games/software free with qualifying intel processors.

only £149.99 inc vat - free with both bundles!

order now

intel starter pack - battlefield 1, paladins & pubg plus exclusive in game content @ £149.95 inc vat

battlefield 1, paladins & pubg plus exclusive in game content and more free with selected intel i5 & i7 cpus

only £149.95 inc vat - free with both bundles!

order now

Promo Bundle - Intel Core i9 9900K, Aorus Z390 Master, Aorus 16GB RGB RAM **FREE 512GB SSD** @ £1,049.99 inc VAT

bundle contains intel core i9 9900k tray processor with 5.0ghz turbo, aorus z390 master rgb motherboard, 16gb aorus rgb 3200mhz memory, free gigabyte 512gb sata ssd

only £1,049.99 inc vat.

ORDER NOW

Promo Bundle - Intel Core i7 8086K, Gigabyte Z370 Ultra Gaming Wifi, 16GB RGB RAM **FREE 512GB SSD** @ £799.99 inc VAT

Bundle Contains Intel Core i7 8086K Anniversary Edition Processor with 5.0GHz Turbo, Gigabyte Z370 Ultra Gaming WIFI RGB Motherboard, 16GB Gigabyte RGB 3200MHz Memory, FREE Gigabyte 512GB SATA SSD

Only £799.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

When you factor in all the FREE software and the FREE 3D NAND Gigabyte SSD, these bundles are absolutely unbeatable and help bring the value back to Intel. :)

Last edited:

As I said in another thread I'm not sure on that one as (outside of corporate issues) a lot of the problem seemed to be that DUV wasn't upto the task with some properties of the process and EUV development is really not far away now.

That said it would be more credible that they'd cancel the whole lot than relax the node in this context and I do wonder if the management has been so inept that they've been forced to bin it as it would be simply so costly to sort all the issues out.

The 8086k is a shocking £480 now, I paid £380 for mine,

I only spent £130 on my board and its doing me very well so far, with my cpu chugging along nicely at 4.9ghz

You must have told everyone on this board atleast once a day for the past week you have e a 8086k and what you paid for it hahaha..

I'm guessing it's still not sunk in for you yet? ;)

N
Hi there

For those who want insanely high FPS to go with 144-240Hz refresh monitors or need a CPU that can power the latest 2080Ti, even in SLI, then you need frequency, so OcUK has put together a pair of bundle deals to try and offset the current high cost Intel processors are selling for generally world wide.

Both are these bundles are capable of 5.0GHz and high memory speeds as the Aorus memory kit uses Samsung B Die so also has some overclocking potential.

The bundles come with the following FREE items:

Gigabyte UD Pro 512GB SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps Toshiba 3D NAND Solid State Drive @ £79.99 inc VAT

GP-GSTFS30512GTTD, 512GB Gigabyte UD Pro, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 3D NAND technology, Read 530MB/s, Write 500MB/s, 80K/75K IOPS, 3yr Warranty

Only £79.99 inc VAT - FREE WITH BELOW BUNDLES!

ORDER NOW

intel starter pack - call of duty 4 black ops, killing floor 2, evasion & adobe bundle @ £149.99 inc vat

intel starter pack enthusiast speciality bundle including call of duty 4 black ops, killing floor 2, evasion and adobe games/software free with qualifying intel processors.

only £149.99 inc vat - free with both bundles!

order now

intel starter pack - battlefield 1, paladins & pubg plus exclusive in game content @ £149.95 inc vat

battlefield 1, paladins & pubg plus exclusive in game content and more free with selected intel i5 & i7 cpus

only £149.95 inc vat - free with both bundles!

order now

Promo Bundle - Intel Core i9 9900K, Aorus Z390 Master, Aorus 16GB RGB RAM **FREE 512GB SSD** @ £1,049.99 inc VAT

bundle contains intel core i9 9900k tray processor with 5.0ghz turbo, aorus z390 master rgb motherboard, 16gb aorus rgb 3200mhz memory, free gigabyte 512gb sata ssd

only £1,049.99 inc vat.

ORDER NOW

Promo Bundle - Intel Core i7 8086K, Gigabyte Z370 Ultra Gaming Wifi, 16GB RGB RAM **FREE 512GB SSD** @ £799.99 inc VAT

Bundle Contains Intel Core i7 8086K Anniversary Edition Processor with 5.0GHz Turbo, Gigabyte Z370 Ultra Gaming WIFI RGB Motherboard, 16GB Gigabyte RGB 3200MHz Memory, FREE Gigabyte 512GB SATA SSD

Only £799.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

When you factor in all the FREE software and the FREE 3D NAND Gigabyte SSD, these bundles are absolutely unbeatable and help bring the value back to Intel. :)

No x470 2700x bundles?

This is an Intel thread, we still have our 2700X bundle, we can't get discounts on X470 yet:

AMD Bundle - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus Strix X370-F, Team Group RAM *FREE 480GB SSD* *ONLINE ONLY* @ £523.98 inc VAT

Bundle Contains AMD Ryzen 2700X Eight Core Processor with 4.35GHz Boost, Asus Strix X370-F ATX RGB Motherboard, Up to 16GB Team Group DDR4 3200MHz Memory, FREE Team Group L5 480GB SATA SSD

Only £523.98 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

No problem cheers. I will weigh up the difference

I never thought id see the day where an "upgrade" would cost over 1K! A few years ago that would have got you an entire gaming PC that was relatively decent!

So the reason some people getting lower temporatures is motherboards capping the actual wattage to 95W and losing performance at the same time.

So the reason some people getting lower temporatures is motherboards capping the actual wattage to 95W and losing performance at the same time.
Interesting, so according to Steve the i9-9900K is actually limited to ~4.2 GHz all core boost at 95 W TDP. The boards that run it at 4.7 GHz without explicitly enabling some form of overclocking at running far out of spec (~150 W).

This is an Intel thread, we still have our 2700X bundle, we can't get discounts on X470 yet:

AMD Bundle - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus Strix X370-F, Team Group RAM *FREE 480GB SSD* *ONLINE ONLY* @ £523.98 inc VAT

Bundle Contains AMD Ryzen 2700X Eight Core Processor with 4.35GHz Boost, Asus Strix X370-F ATX RGB Motherboard, Up to 16GB Team Group DDR4 3200MHz Memory, FREE Team Group L5 480GB SATA SSD

Only £523.98 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

To be honest considering I was going to spend 500 quid on a processor alone this is actually a tempting deal for me to upgrade from my 8600k... question is ... is this an upgrade over the 8600k setup I already have??

I game at 1440p and stream with my current setup and have always used Intel and know next to nothing about how good or bad an AMD is.

To be honest considering I was going to spend 500 quid on a processor alone this is actually a tempting deal for me to upgrade from my 8600k... question is ... is this an upgrade over the 8600k setup I already have??

I game at 1440p and stream with my current setup and have always used Intel and know next to nothing about how good or bad an AMD is.

If your streaming whilst gaming, generally the AMD processors are much better and should be a big improvement over an i5 processor due to core count.

For gaming at 1440p the 2700x will match the 8600k or 8700k depending on the game.

Add in streaming and you will probably see the 2700x give you a performance boost over the 8600k.

I don't own a 2700x but looking at reviews, both user and professional, it seems the smart choice for multi tasking. Not only that, at 1440p the difference between high end CPUs in gaming is small enough to not matter in the real world.

I have heard reports of micro stutters with ryzen chips while gaming but this was for the 1st gen. Just like i can't verify the reviews, i can't verify these claims.

Is it an upgrade for you? Yes.
Is it worth upgrading from 8600k to 2700x for £500? Thats for you to decide. If what you have is working then why not stick with it and save the money for a future upgrade.

GamersNexus has video 2700X vs 8700K streaming.
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwrevie...w-game-streaming-cpu-benchmarks-memory/page-2
I would say 2700X would be far ahead 8600K being only 6/6.

Any new news on Intel abandoning 10nm?

Back
Top Bottom