• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Almost forgot, the 1070 is better than the RX Vega 56, and cheaper, agreed?
Hmm not sure about that given that nVidia were forced to launch the GTX 1070 Ti in response. It may well have been cheaper due Vega immediately getting swallowed up by the mining boom though.

Post what you like, I care not for your opinions. You are just jumping on the bandwagon.
Actually I'm just pointing out the stupidity of the meaningless point scoring you and humbug continually attempt on each other. This thread is supposed to be about the Core 9000 series.

Hmm not sure about that given that nVidia were forced to launch the GTX 1070 Ti in response. It may well have been cheaper due Vega immediately getting swallowed up by the mining boom though.

Actually I'm just pointing out the stupidity of the meaningless point scoring you and humbug continually attempt on each other. This thread is supposed to be about the Core 9000 series.

And yet we have the forums biggest AMD fan posting his cinebench scores........ But you quote me on what this thread is supposed to be about. OK........

Yes it is totally possible to run 4000+ 12-11-11-28-1T on air with Intel.

It's completely pointless to do so though. The the performance gains drop off a cliff because Intels Ring Bus taps out much over low-mid 3000's. Adding cores will just compound this problem.

It's completely pointless to do so though. The the performance gains drop off a cliff because Intels Ring Bus taps out much over low-mid 3000's. Adding cores will just compound this problem.
Well when you want that extra bit of point you need to push everything to the max. Intel might not scale well with memory speed compared to AMD but it doesnt mean that 4000+ cl12 has no benefit.

People have to justify their Ryzen purchases somehow, even if it means making up fud :D

And the reason why AMD sees gains especially in gaming when overclocking RAM past 2666/2933Mhz is because their DRAM frequency is strapped to the Uncore frequency, all of those supposedly "stock" benches where they give Ryzens >2666/2933Mhz memory are basically with part of the chip overclocked, but nobody is calling out reviewers on it.
Overclocking the RingLLC on Coffee Lake from 3.7Ghz to 4.4Ghz also gives a decent performance boost: https://www.hardware.fr/articles/970-17/attention-aux-overclockings-automatiques.html
Also ring scaling isn't going to be an issue until they get to 12+ cores, even at 12 cores it should be lower latency than AMD's approach.

@humbug
I remember this could run cb15 pretty easily but I couldn't find the screenshot, might need to rebench.

43279733974_f41841aae9_o.jpg

30129850588_765e88b1e7_b.jpg

Well when you want that extra bit of point you need to push everything to the max. Intel might not scale well with memory speed compared to AMD but it doesnt mean that 4000+ cl12 has no benefit.

In most tasks anything past mid 3000's is pretty much pointless on Intel chips.

Back
Top Bottom