• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Soldato
  • Core i9-9900K (8 Core / 16 Thread) ~450 USD
  • Core i7-9700K (8 Core / 8 Thread) ~350 USD
  • Core i5-9600K (6 Core / 6 Thread) ~250 USD
  • Core i3-9350K (4 Core / 4 Thread) ~170 USD

These are the price of 12core CPUs these days. Someone didn't notified Intel about it :p

Associate
You trade multi core performance for single core performance. For regular consumer stuff single core is a lot more relevant but a lot of people deluded themselves into thinking that you need 32 cores to play CSGO and have Chrome and Discord open in the background.

Soldato
You trade multi core performance for single core performance. For regular consumer stuff single core is a lot more relevant but a lot of people deluded themselves into thinking that you need 32 cores to play CSGO and have Chrome and Discord open in the background.

My way of thinking too,,, Also when games dont use all gpu or cpu power but run plenty smooth enough, people say "its badly coded or whatever....I dont see the point of games using more power then needed, its pointless.

Soldato
It also beats the previous generation HEDT 6 core at 4.4Ghz.

Do you think that's bad for a 1'st gen mid rage Ryzen? i think that's really damned good, an excellent score full stop, it beats a 5Ghz 8600K.

No I don't think it's bad. But it's certainly not as good as people like yourself make it out to be.
As for beating the 8600k, hardly surprising given it has 6 extra threads in a test that uses all available threads is it??
The same way I'm not surprised the 8700k beats 8600k, that is similar to what you are comparing it to.

Suspended
No I don't think it's bad. But it's certainly not as good as people like yourself make it out to be.
As for beating the 8600k, hardly surprising given it has 6 extra threads in a test that uses all available threads is it??
The same way I'm not surprised the 8700k beats 8600k, that is similar to what you are comparing it to.

The Ryzen 1600 was a £160 CPU 18 Months ago, yes its been that long, it was on-sale at the same time as the £450 6800K that it beats, before the £220 8600K that it also beats.

Its replacement is even faster scoring 1450.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

No one thinks you need 32 cores to game.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

People need to stop doing benchies and use the things in the real world, and then tell us if more cores are better or not

Better at what?

For my usage profile, yes, more cores is better - aptly illustrated by this Blender run.

8JEOL73.png

The reason we use benchies like the above is that I'm hardly going to share my commercial files with you am I? So we use real world apps (e.g. Blender or Cinema4D) so we can compare performance.

Soldato
The Ryzen 1600 was a £160 CPU 18 Months ago, yes its been that long, it was on-sale at the same time as the £450 6800K that it beats, before the £220 8600K that it also beats.

Its replacement is even faster scoring 1450.

Yeah yeah we've heard it all before. It isn't that good. The only reason Intel were allowed to get away with that performance and prices for so long was because of AMD's shocking fx series.
Yeah AMD are onto something decent with ryzen and might be able to best Intel across the board in the next iterations. So far it's hit and miss, in some benches they are nowhere near.
So no, it isn't as good as you think it is and certainly doesn't warrant you banging on about it in every thread.
Don't you have enough ryzen threads?

Suspended
Yeah yeah we've heard it all before. It isn't that good. The only reason Intel were allowed to get away with that performance and prices for so long was because of AMD's shocking fx series.
Yeah AMD are onto something decent with ryzen and might be able to best Intel across the board in the next iterations. So far it's hit and miss, in some benches they are nowhere near.
So no, it isn't as good as you think it is and certainly doesn't warrant you banging on about it in every thread.
Don't you have enough ryzen threads?

I remember when Ryzen and its performance was just a rumour, people screaming Intel would crush Ryzen soon after with brand new architectures they have up their sleeves because Intel = God.

Intel are still rehashing the same CPU's over and over again two years on and will be for the next two years, meanwhile AMD are running off into the distance.

Yes i am pretty down on Intel right now, for years they took us for granted and fleeced us for everything rehashing the same stuff over and over again, and still they are trying to do the same thing, AMD made a massive **** up with the FX line, absolute junk, but that's no excuse for Intel's behaviour during those years, and the absolutely despicable behaviour the last time AMD was kicking Intel's arse... now they are getting their just deserve.

Last edited:
Soldato
I remember when Ryzen and its performance was just a rumour, people screaming Intel would crush Ryzen soon after with brand new architectures they have up their sleeves because Intel = God.

Intel are still rehashing the same CPU's over and over again two years on and will be for the next two years, meanwhile AMD are running off into the distance.

Yes i am pretty down on Intel right now, for years they took us for granted and fleeced us for everything rehashing the same stuff over and over again, and still they are trying to do the same thing, AMD made a massive **** up with the FX line, absolute junk, but that's no excuse for Intel's behaviour during those years, and the absolutely despicable behaviour the last time AMD was kicking Intel's arse... now they are getting their just deserve.

How about if Intel didn't get complacent during the FX years?
If Intel kept improving at any decent rate then AMD would have no chance right now.
When ryzen can beat Intel in every benchmark and test I'll look at ryzen in a different way.
For now, as I've said it's hit and miss. If your programs don't use every available thread then with ryzen you are SOL and need to keep your fingers crossed that the performance isn't worst than your last CPU.

Suspended
How about if Intel didn't get complacent during the FX years?
If Intel kept improving at any decent rate then AMD would have no chance right now.
When ryzen can beat Intel in every benchmark and test I'll look at ryzen in a different way.
For now, as I've said it's hit and miss. If your programs don't use every available thread then with ryzen you are SOL and need to keep your fingers crossed that the performance isn't worst than your last CPU.

I don't care.

After 5 years away AMD slapped a mid range £160 6 core on the table and it beat Intel's £450 HEDT, that just shows how absolutely pathetic, fat and complacent Intel had got.

One brand or the other i don't care which the fact is Intel took us for **nts.

Back
Top Bottom