• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

The 9700K could be interesting for a pure gaming build but there is no way people are going to buy these in masses if Intel launches them at the £500 mark!
Intel needs to price these CPU's at a lower price point or they are seriously going to push people towards AMD :rolleyes:

I don't believe these Intel prices! :eek:

Weren't most people pessimistic about 8700K pricing then it ended up being only $20 more (MSRP wise) on launch than the 7700K?
Pretty sure they're using a new iteration of 14nm too since they've been backporting some of their 10nm R&D to their older nodes, one of the reasons why they can probably get 8 cores with >4Ghz turbo within 95W.

Whilst I wouldn't put it past Intel to launch with those prices, I do not believe them in the slightest. I think they'll nudge prices up slightly as before and have the Core i9 at a whole new price point.

But then again, even my pessimistic prediction of nVidia's 20xx series prices ended up being wildly too optimistic. >_>

Intel Core i9 9900K - EUR 732 = £660

I expected prices to be higher than the 8700K, maybe £50-100, but if the above is the ballpark we are talking about..wow! That’s double the current price of the 2700X!

It looks like the new i9 range is being positioned as a totally new ‘premium’ mainstream tier.

Disappointing.

Even by Intel's pricing standards, this can't be legit. Surely.

And I'm still half-expecting a lock of some kind to restrict the i9 to Z390.

That is why they named their CPU i9 and not i7. To have higher inflated prices by charging premium for "i9" and not eat from their X299 platform.

The 9900K @5ghz going to be faster than the 7820X by miles and close to 7900X if not outright beating it.
If the 9900K is sold at the normal £350 bracket for mainstream CPU, it will cannibalize everything that is already been left over by the Threadripper.

Pure simple marketing.

And £800-900 5-5.1Ghz pre binned 9900K going to be normal.

I expected prices to be higher than the 8700K, maybe £50-100, but if the above is the ballpark we are talking about..wow! That’s double the current price of the 2700X!

It looks like the new i9 range is being positioned as a totally new ‘premium’ mainstream tier.

Disappointing.
But even the (gimped) i7 is way overpriced. Just does't even compete with AMD at all.
I'm not buying this.

That's a big fail if true on the consumer platform.

You're right, It's a win for AMD imo. The more Intel insist on pricing beyond what the average Joe like myself can pay the more sales AMD get.
I'd really like to see a 10 or 12 core Ryzen release on the main platform next. If not on the current AM4's maybe on the AM4's 2020 replacement.

You're right, It's a win for AMD imo. The more Intel insist on pricing beyond what the average Joe like myself can pay the more sales AMD get.
I'd really like to see a 10 or 12 core Ryzen release on the main platform next. If not on the current AM4's maybe on the AM4's 2020 replacement.
True. The more Intel mess up, the more money AMD make and the more likely are they to have the R&D funds to battle Nvidia.

Flip side, if Intel start failing then their DGPU project might be in jeopardy...

Basically if everyone just gave us fair prices everyone can win!

Pricing is from a single dutch website that simply buys to order for businesses (they list 4,000 different cpus). "Fake news" as they say.

No doubt the 9900K will be costly, but the 9700K will be close to the 8700K price.

Zen 2 at 7nm will have 16 core chiplet for the 64 core EPYC. AMD can do also only in pairs per CCX, so 16-12-8 by chopping CCX pairs.
The most fun it will be the 3400G. 7nm chopped Vega/Navi with 6-8 cores can easily fit in the same real estate (aka socket)

True. The more Intel mess up, the more money AMD make and the more likely are they to have the R&D funds to battle Nvidia.

Flip side, if Intel start failing then their DGPU project might be in jeopardy...

Basically if everyone just gave us fair prices everyone can win!

I know it won't happen but I get a perverse pleasure from the thought of them throttling their gpu budget, I wonder what Mr Koduri's excuse would be that time? :D

Zen 2 at 7nm will have 16 core chiplet for the 64 core EPYC. AMD can do also only in pairs per CCX, so 16-12-8 by chopping CCX pairs.
The most fun it will be the 3400G. 7nm chopped Vega/Navi with 6-8 cores can easily fit in the same real estate (aka socket)

That'd be even better, A 16 core replacement for my 2700x would be amazing. :) Plus it'll make Intel sweat. I've still got my Corsair cube midi case, B350 M-ATX motherboard and an assortment of other parts so if We get a decent 7nm APU for the AM4 socket I'll probably grab one to play around with.

It's crazy. I thought the 9900k would be a tough sell at 350 what with the 2700. These prices are as mad as Nvidia's.

Yeah. Considering the price of the 2700X (£280) and the price of the 2700 (£250) tonight in UK.
And yet there is going to be artificially made scarce CPU by the retailers to sell magic beans pre binned 9900K at 5-5.1Ghz for £700-800.

The i9 9900K at £350 would probably sell really well considering the i7 8700K seems to be selling also very well at the £320~£330 mark.

i7 7700K release price was $350, i7 8700K release price was $359 even with the ~21% larger die, but suddenly i9 9900K is supposed to be $800/£800? I don't understand why people keep eating fud up without even chewing it when the same supposed massive price hikes were rumoured for the i7 8700K and were proven to be fud.

Pricing is from a single dutch website that simply buys to order for businesses (they list 4,000 different cpus). "Fake news" as they say.

No doubt the 9900K will be costly, but the 9700K will be close to the 8700K price.

To be frank, even if the 9700K was close to the 8700K on price, it would still be overpriced compared to the competition.

Back
Top Bottom