• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Ifs all about weighing up your choices. Like I said if you can justify it then go ahead but if you think that in 6-9 months you may get a better deal then why not wait?

At the very least you won’t be getting stung with the early adopter/shortage tax.
But i get what he is saying, you can probably get 8700k for much less now than it was 6-9 months ago, but every time the last gens tech is cheaper you will forever be wanting to be waiting for better deals on the latest tech releases. It's kind of counter productive and a bit of a neverending cycle.

Yeah I'm trying to go all out as much as I can on this next build, religiously I upgrade almost every time there's something new out and I just can't keep up or afford to keep doing it. I have decided that even though i love the latest and greatest, i really do have to settle on something this time around and actually get its moneys worth for once.

Ive lost so much on wanting to swap about and test the latest tech, I've said to myself enough is enough and I feel the i9 label will hold it's money and what with clockspeeds almost at their max, I feel 8 core 16 threads of top tier core performance will last many many years.

What better time would there be than now to build a rig to stand the tests of time?....
But i get what he is saying, you can probably get 8700k for much less now than it was 6-9 months ago, but every time the last gens tech is cheaper you will forever be wanting to be waiting for better deals on the latest tech releases. It's kind of counter productive and a bit of a neverending cycle.
You contradict yourself in a way that Corporations really like. Again if you want to upgrade then do what you want without the need to constantly post word after word.

Doesn’t the 7820X already beat the 2700X? The higher clockspeed will only widen that gap, even with all the “flaws”.

I think the 1800X and 7820X performed pretty close to each other IIRC The 2700X and 7820X will probably be similar. The perfornace hit from the flaws haven't been uncovered fully.

I just give my opinions and responses to people as i am pretty active on the forums at the moment, there's a lot of thigs to be excited about.
I don't think i've contradicted myself at all, i think ive lost a lot of cash through being too 'enthusiast' over the years (by wanting the latest) upgrading far too often and not sticking to something to get my moneys worth. I've suggested this has been daft and i have to stop and with that being said i want to build something i can keep and something that feels capable to stand the tests of time. I'm just saying that personally the 9900k feels very much like that kind of a chip, i dont expect there to be much for a very long time that will make these 9000 series chips obsolete or sluggish, the i9 label will hold its value and it will be very strong for many, many years both in terms of multcore performance and single core performance and i dont see it being dethroned very easily.

The same applies for you as well, if you want to wait, that's fine, but you also respond to my opinions on why i feel im happy to pull the trigger, with your reasons for not pulling the trigger...after all, this is a debate/forum and responding back and forth is kind of the name of the game i thought.
The thread is here for people to chat and talk about about intel 9000 series cpus, a conversation usually results in one another responding back and forth, sure i dont NEED to respond, but then it would make the whole point of starting/having a conversation pointless.

Last edited:
I don't understand those numbers.
Are we suggesting that in those tests hyperthreading is only worth 10% in an intel chip?
9900 versus 9700, difference is HT on and off, with it off single core performance is better by 2%, and with it on multicore performance is only 10% better?

Am I misreading the tests?

I don't understand those numbers.
Are we suggesting that in those tests hyperthreading is only worth 10% in an intel chip?
9900 versus 9700, difference is HT on and off, with it off single core performance is better by 2%, and with it on multicore performance is only 10% better?

Am I misreading the tests?
Check the Threadripper results. Geekbench is totally useless at benchmarking multithreaded performance, I would ignore those numbers.

That article is quite odd, the also state their surprise at the 9700 being a 8 thread no HT chip, not a 6/12 as expected.
I don't recall anyone for months and months thinking the 9700 was a 6/12.

Is that site a bit ****?

I dont usually read much on that site but i see it is becoming extremely popular with people. Those benchmarks and leaks, i dont know how reliable they are as being legitimate. Is the site known to give false/made up benches that can done in photoshop etc, or are they normally pretty legitimate benchmarks/leaks?

Are we expecting the same memory issues with Intel i9 as the ryzen series ? I have a 2700x but blue screen like crazy trying to get it to run at it's advertised OC speed of 3200Mhz. Hoping to move back to Intel and run XMP profile out of the box

Are we expecting the same memory issues with Intel i9 as the ryzen series ? I have a 2700x but blue screen like crazy trying to get it to run at it's advertised OC speed of 3200Mhz. Hoping to move back to Intel and run XMP profile out of the box
I dont think we are expecting any issues with memory, personally i have never had an issue with memory on the intel side, it has always been as you say, a simple bios entry and a click on XMP and jobs a good'en

Just ignore Wccftech they are notorious for trawling the net for rumors and then spinning it as truth. Total waste if bandwidth site
I thought that maybe the case, i have only read a couple of articles and each time i've felt the data has been a bit suspect. The comment area seems quite hostile with many sounding as if they havent got a clue what theyre on about whilst also advising others.

Back
Top Bottom