• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Soldato
I've been reading that Alder Lake might be the first time Intel use Ocean Cove, that doesn't sound right though otherwise why would they call it Lake again?

Either way it looks like 3-4 years until we see a proper new architecture.

Soldato
Yes a long wait plenty of time for AMD to get a good hold.
Which hold might widen if the 2800X leaks are true, and going to see 10 core mainstream CPU next few months.
(no is not Zen 2 based).

I've been reading that Alder Lake might be the first time Intel use Ocean Cove, that doesn't sound right though otherwise why would they call it Lake again?

Either way it looks like 3-4 years until we see a proper new architecture.

How they didn't named it Pirate Cove? Given the plundering on the people's wallets they are doing?

Associate
So Samsung and SK Hynix wants to prevent SSD and memory prices from dropping :eek:
Unbelievable that this is happening at a time when they are all involved in a price fixing lawsuit regarding DRAM pricing from 2016 and 2017!

Soldato
So Samsung and SK Hynix wants to prevent SSD and memory prices from dropping :eek:
Unbelievable that this is happening at a time when they are all involved in a price fixing lawsuit regarding DRAM pricing from 2016 and 2017!
It makes perfect business sense.
They opened more lines to produce chips for the big releases Samsung s9 and apple now that has died down. Theirs no reason to produce say 1.5m a week when consumers only need 900k

Otherwise your left with a factory full that you can't shift.
Costing a large €€

Associate
Yes but DDR4 prices have been at record highs and that is not good for the consumer, nor is it good for companies like AMD and intel since it's causing people to delay their PC upgrades.
We need those DDR4 prices to come down and if Micron, Samsung and Hynix wants to make these prices the new standard, well then we better hope they will be found guilty of price fixing because combined they basically own the entire global DRAM market!

Associate
I'd say for sure the ram prices are holding up upgrades, for the first time this year I've found corsair ddr4 3200MHz 32Gb (2x16) packs now for under 300 quid, and it's only now that I've though it might be a good purchase time, there's no way I was paying over 300 for it. This is the lowest price they've been for at least a year, possibly 2, so I didn't want to miss out on the drop.

Caporegime

Shame they only used a GTX 1070 for gaming benchmarks, its why all the games look like this, all CPU's within 5% of eachother.

2600 in Doom being faster than the 2700X is odd, same with BFV 6700K faster than 8600K?... but i think this is because really they are all about the same performance and margins of error are jostling things round a little.

0EXgDtB.png

In anycase its a good chip but it doesn't look like a replacement for people with existing 8700K's and in highly threaded workloads its still slower than the 2700X, i think only the 9900K can beat that, at a huge cost.

Soldato
They are saying €440, which is roughly £400 for this model... OCUK has raised prices on the 8700k to £390 and the 8086K to £420...the 8600K is £120 less at £270... so even if you was to say the difference between the HT and non HT variants was £100 being generous, that would put the 9900k at £500, again i wouldnt be surprised to see it £550+

Back
Top Bottom