Corsair H50 Water Cooling Kit

Associate
hi im about to fit my H50 later on tonight, i currently have the fenrir which uses a backplate will i have to install the corsair backplate? or will i get away with using what i already have on the back of mobo?

I am using the same one from my TRUE 120 :)

Associate
Hey all my H50 arrived today along with 2 akasa apaches for a push/pull config
however the apaches don't seem to come with mounting screws only these
stupid plastic plugs, am I going to have to buy the 4 extra screws seperately?.

Associate
emm so you have kept your true backplate on and just installed the H50 bracket and it fits ok?

Perfect. Screws go in the screw holes created by the back plate...

And I am now using the h50 backplate in the spare PC I just built up using the TRUE 120 as the cooler :p

If they were incompatible for some gay reason then I would have prob just left the TRUE where it was and used the h50 in the spare PC.

Soldato
Hey all my H50 arrived today along with 2 akasa apaches for a push/pull config
however the apaches don't seem to come with mounting screws only these
stupid plastic plugs, am I going to have to buy the 4 extra screws seperately?.

That or only use 2 of the supplied screws in each fan.

Soldato
OP
@Gaidin or bulldog, or any other i7 user that owns one of these units, have any of you guys left Prime95 running overnight to see what the temps are like then??

I did left overnight using prime95 blend test but it pointless because of night time room temperature had dropped overnight. It better to do full load during the afternoon to the evening.

I did once overnight full load prime95 from 10:40pm all the way through to 11:50am next morning, no crash, and temp is max out at 73C (with vcore at 1.300v) on the corsair H50. That 13 hours of prime95.

Soldato
It wasn't crashing I was concerned about, it was just to see if it got hotter the longer it had been running, but if the max temps only got to 73c after 13 hours then it is doing a really good job.

Was the Vcore at 1.3v in the BIOS, or 1.3v in CPUZ?

Soldato
OP
It wasn't crashing I was concerned about, it was just to see if it got hotter the longer it had been running, but if the max temps only got to 73c after 13 hours then it is doing a really good job.

Was the Vcore at 1.3v in the BIOS, or 1.3v in CPUZ?

In the Bios because many overclockers co uk 4Ghz bundles had these default 1.3Vcore at the bios to stable the 4Ghz!

Associate
Has anyone tried one of these on an older Oc'ed Kentsfield (Q6600/X3210)??

Seems to be all i7 setups these days...

Edit: Has anyone tried some bog standard Yate Loons on these as well?

Last edited:
Soldato
Basicly on the dual cores and older quads (non I7), they will work just fine, as its more or less like my cooling (swiftech H20-120) i only use 1 fan pulling on mine @1000rpm, max i set it when needed is 1500rpm, and it keeps my cpu nice and cool even under full load.

But yeh not many have tested it with older stuff so can't really say for sure but im more then sure if it can keep a I7 nice and cool it will for others.

Associate
Can anyone tell me please if these Corsair kits come with an AMD connector or do you have to purchase it separately?
Thinking of getting one of these for my AMD Phenom X4 9550,and you all seem to be getting great results;)

Soldato
Can anyone tell me please if these Corsair kits come with an AMD connector or do you have to purchase it separately?
Thinking of getting one of these for my AMD Phenom X4 9550,and you all seem to be getting great results;)

You can contact corsair and they will send you one out, aslong as you cover the postage cost.

It is abit daft they don't come supplied with both fittings but hey ho.

Soldato
OP
I agree as it so stupid not to including AMD bracket in the package. Why had to ring up corsair and request it to be send out. What a waste of time and postage cost.

Associate
Thanks for the quick reply's chaps,seems like I'll have to get intouch with Corsair and order the appropriate socket connector before ordering,although why they can't supply for both is a stupid idea:confused:

Back
Top Bottom