** CORSAIR LIQUID COOLING SOLUTIONS - CRAZIEST DEAL OF 2013 **

Associate
I also would like to know if the H80 is any good at cooling an overclocked Ivybridge. I'm not bothered about Corsair link just happy pushing the button on the unit to change speeds.

Soldato
I also would like to know if the H80 is any good at cooling an overclocked Ivybridge. I'm not bothered about Corsair link just happy pushing the button on the unit to change speeds.

Depends what you're comparing it to, if you're comparing to a stock cooler the H80 will be MUCH better, if you're comparing to a high end air cooler (e.g. Silver Arrow) then it'll be close but not quite as good.

Any of the reviews for the H80 should help answer your question fully, such as:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5054/corsair-hydro-series-h60-h80-and-h100-reviewed/5

Associate
So i casually started up my PC last night in a nice cool room, i opened steam and hovered my mouse of speedfan, i watched my CPU go from 47-91c in a matter of seconds so i shut the damn thing down to prevent damage, i checked the fans were all working and they were!

So i dont know what the hell happened there, im starting to regret buying this H60 as its just caused trouple

Associate
i'm having the same problem with my h60, high idle temperatures and loud grinding noise. I've sent a rma request but no response :(

Associate
My H60 is really quiet. Idles at 30 degrees never goes above 55 under stress testing. Its only an i5 2300 mind you.

Its my main rig I'm thinking of water cooling. Think I'll just go for it and get the H80 and buy x2 sp120mm fans.

Associate
Some people complaining about high idle temps. Did you clean the thermal paste off the CPU before installing the new cooler? Seems like it may be one of the reasons for high temps as the thermal paste can't make a clean contact with the processor due to the dried up paste already on there. It is something that some people forget.

Associate
Some people complaining about high idle temps. Did you clean the thermal paste off the CPU before installing the new cooler? Seems like it may be one of the reasons for high temps as the thermal paste can't make a clean contact with the processor due to the dried up paste already on there. It is something that some people forget.

I gave mine a good clean, it was spotless :s even under load my exhaust being the h60 with ap120 high performance pushing and the fan provided sucking it still blows cool air just makes no difference to the temps :/

Back
Top Bottom