Corsair Obsidian 750D Builds

Soldato
Does anyone notice vibration noises from fans screwed to the top? I have 2 at the top sucking air in, but they sound like they are vibrating, even though the fans and screw holes have padding to reduce the noise :(

Permabanned
Just picked up a 750D myself, had a quick look inside and noticed raised motherboard mounts where the standoffs normally go, do you still have to insert standoffs or do you just screw the mobo straight on top of the fitted raised mounts?

Got a H100i too, are you guys exhausting or intake with this cooler?

I'll put up some picks when I have built it. Lovely case. @ Too Tall, loved the way you overlaid those home made stickers on your PSU and SSD, made all the difference ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just picked up a 750D myself, had a quick look inside and noticed raised motherboard mounts where the standoffs normally go, do you still have to insert standoffs or do you just screw the mobo straight on top of the fitted raised mounts?

Got a H100i too, are you guys exhausting or intake with this cooler?

I'll put up some picks when I have built it. Lovely case. @ Too Tall, loved the way you overlaid those home made stickers on your PSU and SSD, made all the difference ;)

No need for motherboard stand offs the one in the middle of the case holds it in place and the other raised ones are there to be screwed directly in to.

If you have ample air coming in from the front/bottom of the case I would have the H100i in exhaust mode.

Permabanned
No need for motherboard stand offs the one in the middle of the case holds it in place and the other raised ones are there to be screwed directly in to.

If you have ample air coming in from the front/bottom of the case I would have the H100i in exhaust mode.

Thanks, that's cleared that up, lovely touch by corsair, exhaust mode it will be then, always had my antec kuhler in exhaust. Just one other thing, so I don't have to remove the pin thing in the middle and put a screw in?

Permabanned
Work in progress

emvm.jpg

Associate
I'm building in a 750D just now, but my current board is Micro ATX so I need to use some stand-offs for a couple of the motherboard holes, but only one stand-off was supplied in the screw kit even though the manual said there should be 4.

Anyone else had this issue? I tried to borrow a stand-off from my previous case but the thread is not wide enough.

Soldato
I'm building in a 750D just now, but my current board is Micro ATX so I need to use some stand-offs for a couple of the motherboard holes, but only one stand-off was supplied in the screw kit even though the manual said there should be 4.

Anyone else had this issue? I tried to borrow a stand-off from my previous case but the thread is not wide enough.

Can't say I've read this issue anywhere if I am honest.

Do the screws not reach the raised standoffs in the case?

Unusual to have a Micro ATX board in such a large case.

Yeah, did leave it in, great idea that, it made installation even easier. Thanks.

Yeah no worries such an easy case to work with.

Your build is looking great so far.

Associate
The raised stand-offs (humps) in the case seem to be only for full size ATX board, there are marked holes for mATX, but two of them require stand-offs to be fitted, the rest correspond to existing hump stand-offs.

I managed to find a spare standoff in my own box of random screws/bits, but it's still a bit strange that the case manual said there should be 4 supplied and only 1 was.

The reason I have an mATX mobo is due to previously using a Lian-Li PC-A04B case. I tried to tell myself I wasn't going to build a new PC this year, yet I've ended up upgrading everything apart from the CPU and motherboard!

Either way, sorted now. A different issue I have is that the front panel (covering the fan filters) has a bit of a curve in it such that it doesn't line up flat with the drive bay covers.

It is a beautiful case to build in, so much space! I bought an AX860 PSU too to replace an Antec 650W TruePower I had been using for over 3 years. I just wish the sleeved cable kits for the Corsair AX were cheaper!

Soldato
Ok fair enough, I actually didn't realise that there weren't any stand offs for smaller motherboards.

That's a real bummer about the front panel, I would get in contact with corsair and see if they will replace that part for you. As you don't really want to send the whole case off and having the panel off for a week or two wont be a hardship at all.

So I suggest making a ticket with Corsair for a replacement.

Associate
Thanks, will do.

Next challenge is to get some recommendations on a fan controller as the mobo I have only has one case fan header and it doesn't support voltage control!

I started a separate thread for that though.

Back onto the 750D, has anyone successfully managed a stealth DVD drive mod?

Soldato
Ahhh that's a pain, my board has PWM fan points all over it which I can set the fan speed based on component temperatures and they automatically adjust, great feature.

If you are like me and love the minimalistic approach have you considered a USB external DVD/RW drive?

For the tiny number of times I actually use optical media it makes so much more sense, it also avoids any unnecessary cabling/power draw in the case they are also really cheap too.

YOUR BASKET
1 x Samsung SE-218CN/RSBS Ultra Slim External DVD-RW Drive - Black (Retail) £31.99
1 x LG GP50NB40 8x Slim External DVD-RW Retail Kit (Black) £26.99
1 x Samsung SE-S208DB/TSBS External Slimline 8x DVD-RW (TV Connect) - Black £21.98
Total : £80.96 (includes shipping : FREE).

Back
Top Bottom