Corsair RBG Owners Club

Soldato
So what's the general verdict on the K70 RGB atm then?

Is it still worth it?

I've read of the various issues with freezing animations, Steam, etc... but I don't plan on using any animations at all, and will probably just set it to a single static colour.

My choice for a new keyboard would be much easier if I didn't want one capable of orange backlighting & with separate media controls :)

Associate
Heads up guys! This is regarding all CUE issues that you guys have been running into for the past few months. This is our latest official statement to address those problems that have been persisting in the field.

[URL="http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=761020&postcount=1"]Source: Corsair CUE Update Statement [/URL]

I wanted to give everyone an update on the internal progress of CUE and the top issues that are widely discussed. CUE is something we’ve been hard at work here that involves an immense amount of resources from the developers, software engineers, validation, and the beta testers. As I’ve stated in many threads, part of the difficulty of resolving bugs is both the frequency of which it occurs and the hardware configurations they affect. For the vast majority of users, most people are able to use their keyboards without any issues. However, we want everyone to have a flawless process and we are working with a number of you to note the issue and to document as much information as possible to resolve it.

To give some layer of transparency, I’d like to update you all on the top 3 issues that people have been reporting for CUE:

1.) 16.8 Million Colors: This is considered to be issue #1 in house and we been working on a solution for this for a long time now. We apologize it has been so late since the last promised update, but we are still progressing towards a resolution. The reason for this long delay is that it is a combination of both firmware and software. They both work in conjunction and both the developers and our software engineers are doing everything they can to resolve this as soon as possible, unfortunately I still don’t have an ETA to provide.

2.) Steam Issues: The good news is that thanks to everyone who submitted their system data, we have been able to follow-up and may have a resolution with the issue that affects the small minority of users affected by either light freezing while Steam games are running, or issues that may cause Steam to crash. The bad news is that the fix is a long and complicated one that may take at least 8-10 weeks to resolve. Like the 16.8 million color issue, it is a combination of both firmware and software that involves a massive workaround to encompass all the different aspects of hardware. Again, because this doesn't affect a majority of people, but the solution has to work for everyone anyways.

3.) Long POST process in BIOS: This issue is actually related to how certain BIOS in a small group of motherboards have a difficult time communicating with the keyboard in POST. To be frank, the USB enumeration from the keyboard is too quick for some BIOS to properly receive and hence ends up hanging the BIOS for a prolonged (2-3 mins) at a time. This doesn’t affect all BIOS either but it is aggravating for those who experience it. The temporary workaround you can use is to toggle the button on top of the keyboard to change the polling rate from 1/2/4/8 to BIOS and then change it back afterwards. The long term solution is that we may implement some type of delay for the keyboard to be registered to bypass those systems that have this BIOS issue. We’re also working with some of the motherboard manufacturers to resolve it through a BIOS update too.

In the meantime, while working on these issues with long term solutions, we are planning a new CUE update by the end of the month that is currently in validations (if no serious issues are found). We will have even more bug fixes in this version not noted here as well as a newly implemented feature for users who desire out of the box effects. So while the top 3 issues may take a long time to resolve, we are working in parallel to resolve lesser known issues in order to improve the overall experience. It has been a slightly bump road but I am sure all of you have seen the improvements since release back in September. I encourage all of you to continue posting issues you may have so we can deal with them as they come up.

If you have any specific concerns or questions, my PM box is always open (give me 1-2 days to reply as I can get a lot of messages). We want to ensure that everyone is happy with our products. If for any reason you’re not, our support team, and I will do what I can to make your experience a positive one.

Last edited:
Associate
Recently got a K70 Red switch and couldn't be happier. such a nice keyboard!

Only problem i am having at the moment is with the software. It cannot recognize my keyboard at all which is a bit of a pain. Device manager picks it up a treat, i have even tried plugging in only one of the usb cables instead of both (one of them is extra power AFAIK) and it still didn't recognize it but device manager did..

Its running as administrative so it doesn't look to be a permissions issue.

Other than that the keyboard is amazing and i would highly recommend it!

Cheers,
Ashley

Associate
OP
I agree that it is kind of BS that you guys are still working on the ADVERTISED 16.8 million colours. We had an ETA last year that it would be out in Nov/Dec time and yet here we are in march almost.

I love the keyboard. I honestly do but much like with the GTX 970 problems, I cannot continue to support companies that pull the wool over peoples eyes like this. From the evidence I've seen, it does seem to be a physical issue and not software but I will leave that up to you guys to prove me wrong. I think if you cannot give us any evidence of this working by April/May time then I don't think I will be buying anything from you guys again. You have guys beta testing the CUE software but will not confirm if that includes the 16.8 million colour fix.

Has any ground AT ALL been made since the issue was brought up or not? I use clear keycaps so the issue is MUCH more visible that if you were to use standard keys.

Sort it out Corsair.

Associate
At least the place I bought mine from has offered a refund, but suprisingly still advertise it as providing fast and fluid 16.8 million colour animation.

I'm not ready to return it yet, as there isn't a suitable alternative available at the moment. IF the update arrives and it sorts the problem, I'll keep the keyboard. If there's no update it's going back, unless Corsair offer a replacement that is capable of producing the 16.8 million colours.

The question is, how long do we have to wait ?

Associate
I love the keyboard. I honestly do but much like with the GTX 970 problems, I cannot continue to support companies that pull the wool over peoples eyes like this. From the evidence I've seen, it does seem to be a physical issue and not software but I will leave that up to you guys to prove me wrong. I think if you cannot give us any evidence of this working by April/May time then I don't think I will be buying anything from you guys again. You have guys beta testing the CUE software but will not confirm if that includes the 16.8 million colour fix.

Sort it out Corsair.

Fair and totally understandable, can't blame you for that. We shouldn't be dealing with this issue to begin with as it was advertised 16.8 million and that should get fixed, that I agree. But pulling a fast on our customers? that is something that doesn't exist in our playbook. A concept that we all (Corsair) think is unacceptable in so many levels. Yes, we do make mistakes, but we also have a pretty good track record of correcting them as soon that they are discovered, either by us or our customers.

Anyway, we are doing our best to get these issues ironed out, both development teams (software and hardware) are working closely to implement a fix that will address those issues we have listed. More updates will be provided as they come along.

Associate
Fair and totally understandable, can't blame you for that. We shouldn't be dealing with this issue to begin with as it was advertised 16.8 million and that should get fixed, that I agree. But pulling a fast on our customers? that is something that doesn't exist in our playbook. A concept that we all (Corsair) think is unacceptable in so many levels. Yes, we do make mistakes, but we also have a pretty good track record of correcting them as soon that they are discovered, either by us or our customers.

Anyway, we are doing our best to get these issues ironed out, both development teams (software and hardware) are working closely to implement a fix that will address those issues we have listed. More updates will be provided as they come along.

Greybeard thanks for your support on these forums but can I ask why Corsair continues to advertise the keyboard as having "Fast and fluid RGB animation" while also mentioning 16.8 million colours? Not anywhere does it state on your site that this is currently being worked on with no eta in site.
If that's not misleading then seriously I don't know what is.
Honestly I'm not trolling you or trying to stir up an argument as I genuinely like this keyboard and the only thing that's putting me off is the issues and the fact you know your product clearly has problems and can't currently deliver what you advertise but you continue to do so.

Soldato
Got my K95 RGB on Saturday to replace a CM Storm Trigger. I like to weight and the conpact size - yet to really give it a gaming session yet. Jr loves it and has set up many profiles already and gives it top marks. I only hope he can obey the "no drinks next to it" rule.

Soldato
Hmmmmm I've had one on pre-order here since last week, as of yet it's not been shipped as out of stock. Just been reading this thread, well the most recent posts for a few weeks. I see this keyboard is causing a wee bit of a stir regarding a few issues it would seem. For £150 that is not something I like to read. Is it so bad that I should cancel the order and get something else?

Associate
Well it depends if you like buying a product where you don't actually receive what's advertised, while the company continues to sell it knowing the problems that exist but instead of just delaying it and taking a hit in sales, they sell it with the promise they will fix the problems....they just don't know when.

Associate
Greybeard thanks for your support on these forums but can I ask why Corsair continues to advertise the keyboard as having "Fast and fluid RGB animation" while also mentioning 16.8 million colours? Not anywhere does it state on your site that this is currently being worked on with no eta in site.
If that's not misleading then seriously I don't know what is.
Honestly I'm not trolling you or trying to stir up an argument as I genuinely like this keyboard and the only thing that's putting me off is the issues and the fact you know your product clearly has problems and can't currently deliver what you advertise but you continue to do so.

I know you are not trolling nor starting an argument, matter fact, you have brought up a very valid point. But to answer that question regarding 16.8 million colors advertisement, that is something I'll have to bring forward to our HID team for them discuss.

You are right, we'll have to do something about it and address it head on. Like what you have suggested, maybe a disclaimer for the time being while the issue is being worked on. I'm pretty sure that we'll have to take action eventually to clear the issue, I just don't know exactly how that will transpire. I suppose we'll find out in the coming weeks if there will be changes or not.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone know why my profile doesn't "save" on a reboot? :p

So none of the profiles gets saved? What about about background lighting? You are using the latest version of CUE right?

Hmmmmm I've had one on pre-order here since last week, as of yet it's not been shipped as out of stock. Just been reading this thread, well the most recent posts for a few weeks. I see this keyboard is causing a wee bit of a stir regarding a few issues it would seem. For £150 that is not something I like to read. Is it so bad that I should cancel the order and get something else?

That's totally up to you. But like what we have mention in our statement..

For the vast majority of users, most people are able to use their keyboards without any issues. However, we want everyone to have a flawless process and we are working with a number of you to note the issue and to document as much information as possible to resolve it.

What you are seeing on the forums are of course the ones that are having those issues that we know exist, hence why we have resources/teams dedicated to get those bugs resolved as we move forward. While we are totally open about those known mishaps, we also know that there are tons of K70/K95 RGB users that are very satisfied with their hardware compared to those who are having a bad day with it. And this is one of the reasons why we are here on the forums, to make sure that we hear them out and provide assistance when they need.

Associate
I know you are not trolling nor starting an argument, matter fact, you have brought up a very valid point. But to answer that question regarding 16.8 million colors advertisement, that is something I'll have to bring forward to our HID team for them discuss.

You are right, we'll have to do something about it and address it head on. Like what you have suggested, maybe a disclaimer for the time being while the issue is being worked on. I'm pretty sure that we'll have to take action eventually to clear the issue, I just don't know exactly how that will transpire. I suppose we'll find out in the coming weeks if there will be changes or not.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me and being able to see where I'm coming from.
Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Associate
I'm pretty sure that we'll have to take action eventually to clear the issue, I just don't know exactly how that will transpire. I suppose we'll find out in the coming weeks if there will be changes or not.

Fair enough, but this issue was brought to light (excuse the pun) soon after the launch of these keyboards (late September or early October ?). It was suggested that an update to correct the issue would be available within a few weeks. The least Corsair could have done is made it clear to existing and prospective customers that the keyboard can't deliver the full colour range as advertised by Corsair, retailers and on the packaging. Maybe the software team thought it could be sorted within a few weeks, but at some point they must have told someone in marketing or PR "this could take a while longer".

I think Corsair are digging themselves into deeper hole. If this issue is not fixed it will bring into question the honesty of the company. People will look back on this 4 month (plus) wait and ask why Corsair continued to stay fairly quiet on the issue.

I know that we were getting impatient for Corsair to get these RGB keyboards on sale, and Corsair may claim that is the reason they had to release the product with limited capabilities. However, a simple announcement by the company, and clear indication on the packaging of this would have gone a long way to preventing the company gaining bad publicity.

Last edited:
Soldato
Greybeard, can you define what the product description of 100% 104 key anti ghosting means? Is it different to N-key rollover? If so is this keyboard meant to have N-key roll over? If not what are the maximum number of key presses the keyboard will register, I'd prefer to know about the WASD keys over USB3 specifically.

Last edited:
Associate

My replacement to my K95 came, trying to get used to the feel of Red Switches again.

I have went for a simple colour scheme to match my mouse :).

On the Corsair front, they have been totally excellent on the CS front, and the replacement came pretty quickly.

Edit - Got rid of the yellow as Green, Yellow and White is far to close to Celtic colours and I cant have that :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom