Corsair RBG Owners Club

Associate
We are releasing an updated version of CUE very soon (before the end of the month is the goal pending no drastic issues during testing) that will contain a new USB protocol that will resolve light freezes and Steam issues.

Happy days! I might try installing my first full lighting profile after this is released!

Associate
There's couple here that you can find, http://gaming.corsair.com/en-us/landing/rgbfame

But you're right, I don't see a lot of RGB K65 profile floating around online. Maybe you should start a thread for K65 owners, that way all K65 users can share their profile with one another.

er...You're a vendor rep. caen't you speak to the right people and get them to give us more than 2 profiles? :p

Permabanned
ok so that retailer's online stock is built on dreams and wishes. I enquired why my order hadn't been dispatched only to be told that it was actually oos.:rolleyes:

I left them a negative trust pilot review which is interesting as ocuk has 9.3 and they have 4.5.

Associate
ok so that retailer's online stock is built on dreams and wishes. I enquired why my order hadn't been dispatched only to be told that it was actually oos.:rolleyes:

I left them a negative trust pilot review which is interesting as ocuk has 9.3 and they have 4.5.

Well that's a bummer. I won't ask what store, but did they at least tell you when they are expecting it to be in stock again?

Associate
OK. I bought a K65 originally. loved the fact that I could customise my keyboard the way I wanted to, but was a little bummed out that I didn't have my number pad. What I was even more bummed out about, is that a company like corsair is a company that I've genuinely come to love has produced something and given it so little support and love that I ended up upgrading to a K70 just so that I could use the colour features.

The colour features that are nowhere near 16.8 million colours. This is a more fundamental problem than the whole trampstamp issue, and I believe that while you're trying to fix the problem you should probably consider selling the product as an RGB keyboard as opposed to one with that high a colour range; other makers appear to have cracked the problem...Why hasn't corsair?

Could it be that CUE is a terrible, terrible piece of software? I think it's possible; while I admit I am grateful for being updated constantly, I'm extremely disappointed that a keyboard I just spent £150 on has issues maintaining a colour cycle, locks up occasionally, and all after a fix that apparently improves issues. I'm sorry, but until this keyboard is more than a superbly sensitive keyboard that I genuinely love for different reasons, I'll be suggesting to my friends that they go for the infinitely more customisable, better software packaged Razer Chroma.

Associate
I have a problem with the mode select on my K70. I have assigned the end key to be mode select and have created a profile with 3 different modes. I have set the profile to default and set the profile to on-board memory. However, when I press the key the modes do not change and just stays on the first mode.

I have noticed that the profile has a chip icon next to it which states it's on the keyboard memory but I can only seem to be able to set the first mode to memory as the second and third do not have an option to do so. Can you only set one mode to memory?? and do you haft to have the CUE software running to change to the others??

Associate
Could it be that CUE is a terrible, terrible piece of software? I think it's possible; while I admit I am grateful for being updated constantly, I'm extremely disappointed that a keyboard I just spent £150 on has issues maintaining a colour cycle, locks up occasionally, and all after a fix that apparently improves issues. I'm sorry, but until this keyboard is more than a superbly sensitive keyboard that I genuinely love for different reasons, I'll be suggesting to my friends that they go for the infinitely more customisable, better software packaged Razer Chroma.

Sad to hear that you'll be recommending a competitor over ours.. then again you have good reasons to do so. I can't fault you if you feel that way - you're right, our CUE SW is little rough at the moment and needs a lot of work to meet our customer's expectations. Our HID team is working tirelessly and doing their best to settle these ongoing CUE issues once and for all. Ultimately, our goal is to give you guys the best gaming experience while using our KB and the SW that goes along with it.

Updates will be coming soon - I'll keep you guys informed.

I have a problem with the mode select on my K70. I have assigned the end key to be mode select and have created a profile with 3 different modes. I have set the profile to default and set the profile to on-board memory. However, when I press the key the modes do not change and just stays on the first mode.

I have noticed that the profile has a chip icon next to it which states it's on the keyboard memory but I can only seem to be able to set the first mode to memory as the second and third do not have an option to do so. Can you only set one mode to memory?? and do you haft to have the CUE software running to change to the others??

Sorry but you won't be able to do mode switching using an assigned key without running the CUE software.

X3T

X3T

Associate
Just got my K70 RGB with red switches. Probably the best looking keyboard I have seen, and those LEDs are awesome. I bought it immediately after seeing that it can be completely customised with profiles.

My only complaint is the keyboard lights often lock up (even caps lock lights, etc..) and the only way to restore them is to restart or switch the polling mode on the back of the keyboard. Hopefully this will be fixed soon!

Associate
Just got my K70 RGB with red switches. Probably the best looking keyboard I have seen, and those LEDs are awesome. I bought it immediately after seeing that it can be completely customised with profiles.

My only complaint is the keyboard lights often lock up (even caps lock lights, etc..) and the only way to restore them is to restart or switch the polling mode on the back of the keyboard. Hopefully this will be fixed soon!

That issue will get corrected using the new Software version, that is due to come out anytime now.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27655904&postcount=322

Associate
Speak of the devil - Latest SW/FW version for CUE and RGB KB has just been announced!

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140250

Updated Release
Version 1.5.108
April 24, 2015

Release Notes
CUE 1.5.108 is the latest release for our RGB line of peripherals and contains a multitude of changes and enhancements.

Enhancements
• 16.8 Million Color Mode has been added to CUE. This option can be found under the Settings tab in Program. This mode also requires the latest firmware update to function. Please use FW 1.20 or newer.
• Color wheel has been added to the color palette. Select a key and click on the wheel to add or edit a color.
• Software now supports a new USB protocol to enhance performance.
• Profiles and Modes when exported will now only contain active Actions and Lighting items assigned to a key or a group of keys.
• Uninstalling CUE and deleting saved settings now deletes all CUE files including Action and Lighting items.

Fixes
• Resolved issues where users would experience issues with lighting and CUE interactivity with the new USB protocol. Please use firmware 1.20 and newer.
• Resolved an issue with Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock keys.
• Keyboard will no longer trigger repeats when set to BIOS mode.
• Keyboard will now slow lighting patterns on systems with low available resources appropriately.
• Resolved long boot delay on Intel X99 USB 2.0 ports.
• Resolved other various minor issues.

Important Note:
If you have updated your keyboard to FW 1.20 or newer, software older than 1.5.108 will no longer be compatible. Please ensure you always have the latest software available when updating the firmware to prevent incompatibility. Firmware updates are done through the software itself under Settings -> Device -> Update Firmware.

Keyboard Connectivity:
• Connecting via USB 3.0: Use one connector (the one with the keyboard icon) when connecting via USB 3.0
• Connecting via USB 2.0: Use both connectors when using USB 2.0. Important Note: Plug in the connector with the two arrows icon first, and the connector with the keyboard icon second.

Associate
And we have also made a separate statement to directly address the 16.8 Million color issue. The new USB protocol implementation has also been included here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=774685&postcount=1

Feel free to provide your feedback here in this thread, or you can always contact us at [email protected]

Thank you for fixing the issue! however - Will Corsair be offering some kind of upgrade incentive programme to a second iteration keyboard that inevitably fixes the flickering issue?

Associate
The flickering when using full colour animation is quite distracting. It's bad enough to make me want to disable 16.8m colour mode and go back to 512 colours. At least Corsair has put the option into CUE.

Seems like the long wait hasn't produced the results we were hoping for.

Back
Top Bottom