Corsair RBG Owners Club

Greybeard, can you define what the product description of 100% 104 key anti ghosting means? Is it different to N-key rollover? If so is this keyboard meant to have N-key roll over? If not what are the maximum number of key presses the keyboard will register, I'd prefer to know about the WASD keys over USB3 specifically.

In a nutshell, N (104) key rollover also known as NKRO means that you can press 104 keys simultaneously on your KB in which all the keys you've pressed will be registered by your computer. Anti ghosting is a feature that will ensure that what ever combination keys you press, it is guaranteed to register and not to "ghost"

This is an update guys regarding 16.8 Million colors.

Statement from Andy Paul (CEO) regarding 16.8 Million Colors and RGB Keyboards

"I have read several forum comments from RGB keyboard customers asking about 16.8 million color support. I know we have been updating customers on the status and challenges of our 16.8M color software development work on our forums but I wanted to give you a personal update.

When we designed the RGB keyboards, our goal was to give users the ultimate gaming keyboard with the most advanced color customization and lighting effects available. We achieved these goals with unique multi-color per key lighting, layered animation effects, and extensive customization software. We also planned and promised support for 16.8M colors. The keyboard and its lighting controller was designed to support 16.8M colors, and while we have made progress with this we do not yet have a software solution that provides a better overall lighting experience than the current version.

I believe, and hope most of our customers agree, that we’ve built the most advanced gaming keyboard on the market, but we have more work to do. Based on recent feedback from our QA team and customers in our beta program, our engineering team estimates it will take another 8 weeks before we can release a software update that supports 16.8M colors. We apologize to those that want 16.8M color support. We realize that this is a long time to wait, so we are continuing to offer customers the option of returning their keyboard to us by contacting us at [email protected]. For customers that are enjoying the advanced lighting that your keyboard offers today, we thank you and we hope you like the new enhancements we are working on for you."

- Andy Paul
CEO and Founder

Surely Corsair could have saved themselves a lot of grief if they had just said :

" supports 8,192 colours, with 16.8 million available with a future update "

Sure the sales team would have hated it, but it might have saved the support team some stress.

I'm personally delighted with my K70 RGB so far, as it does the colours I want it to & works fine, but I can see why some owners are a tad annoyed.

Surely Corsair could have saved themselves a lot of grief if they had just said :

" supports 8,192 colours, with 16.8 million available with a future update "

Sure the sales team would have hated it, but it might have saved the support team some stress.

I'm personally delighted with my K70 RGB so far, as it does the colours I want it to & works fine, but I can see why some owners are a tad annoyed.

8,192 colours ?

512 is more like it.

At least they no longer claim 16.8 million colours on their website, but many retailers still do. :rolleyes:

Any further news about the progress of the light stuttering fix? I know it was quoted as about 8 weeks but were half way there. Surely there should be some indication if you will be sticking to that schedule?

I have the K95 RGB and can say that some of my problems have gone away since plugging in BOTH cables into USB3 ports and trying different combination of ports. I seriously think this keyboard draws more power than they say it does, as plugging it into a powered hub also fixes a lot of the issues.

Not a fix that is acceptable for nearly all the issues with steam freezes and CUE problems and lighting freezes can be solved by plugging in the k70 into a pci-e sata card. Since I have done this, the k70 has been working perfectly. Just need to wait for the advertised colours to be present.

Hey, is this keyboard still having major problems?

I'm torn between the razer croma and the k70. My current keyboard is a blackwidow and the keys double tap so looking for a replacement!

Do I go for the croma even tho I've had problems in the past with razer keyboards.
Do I go for k70 even tho im reading a lot of poor reviews/problems

I'm torn between the razer croma and the k70. My current keyboard is a blackwidow and the keys double tap so looking for a replacement!

Do I go for the croma even tho I've had problems in the past with razer keyboards.

Depends if you want "Cherry" or "Razer" switches. I personally still think that the K70 is a great keyboard but just lacks what has been advertised at the moment. If it was a little cheaper id say go for the corsair because it has potential. I don't particularly trust the "Razer" switches either.

Had my K70 about 2 weeks and I've been having no end of problems with it. Have to 'reboot' it at least once daily due to lockups ( toggling the BIOS switch ), it prevents my Game controllers app in Win 8 from opening when my Fanatec wheel and pedals are plugged in , Fanatec pedals stop working within games, frequent lock ups in steam and any games run from steam , complete system pauses for 30 secs or so , an absolute nightmare. I get spinning blue circles in windows when everything freezes and switching the BIOS switch across and back frees everything up again.

Plugged in my old Logitech keyboard and everything back to 100% working.

I've tried every combination of USB ports there is , all to no avail.

I am taking my Chroma back later today sometime. Something is wrong with some of the keys, most of them sound like they should when pressing them, but quiet a few others have no click at, and can also near something rattling inside the key when press. It sounds like broken plastic to me. So it's going back. And i intend to get either the K65 RGB or the K70 version. Though i do like the smaller K65 :D

A quick update on my issues I reported yesterday.

Seems like they are all fixed now......and the solution ?

A £20 external mains powered USB 3 hub.

Fitted one tonight , plugged the keyboard into it. Bingo.
Everything working , no lockups , nice and stable.

Im happy ( although kinda peeved I had to spend another £20 to get a £160 keyboard working as expected, its not that the system, is old or underpowered as you can see from my sig specs )

There definitely does seem to be a power issue of some sorts?

The keyboard affects my PC start up sometimes (Won't boot until I hit the restart button on the case), other times it will fail on login to register properly (USB failed message), and other times it works just fine.

Last time I had those sorts of issues was my last PC and that was a power issue.

It's a bit weird to be honest!

Other than the pesky issue above I am really enjoying my K70 RGB!! Absolutely amazing keyboard so glad I bought one now!

Had my K70 about 2 weeks and I've been having no end of problems with it. Have to 'reboot' it at least once daily due to lockups ( toggling the BIOS switch ), it prevents my Game controllers app in Win 8 from opening when my Fanatec wheel and pedals are plugged in , Fanatec pedals stop working within games, frequent lock ups in steam and any games run from steam , complete system pauses for 30 secs or so , an absolute nightmare. I get spinning blue circles in windows when everything freezes and switching the BIOS switch across and back frees everything up again.

Plugged in my old Logitech keyboard and everything back to 100% working.

I've tried every combination of USB ports there is , all to no avail.

There definitely does seem to be a power issue of some sorts?

The keyboard affects my PC start up sometimes (Won't boot until I hit the restart button on the case), other times it will fail on login to register properly (USB failed message), and other times it works just fine.

Last time I had those sorts of issues was my last PC and that was a power issue.

It's a bit weird to be honest!

Other than the pesky issue above I am really enjoying my K70 RGB!! Absolutely amazing keyboard so glad I bought one now!

We are releasing an updated version of CUE very soon (before the end of the month is the goal pending no drastic issues during testing) that will contain a new USB protocol that will resolve light freezes and Steam issues.

@Tidgney - Glad to hear that you like KB, in spite of the CUE issue :)

Back
Top Bottom