Corsair RBG Owners Club

Associate
Latest firmware and CUE version seem to have fixed all my problems. So far itsd been completely stable.

I had a weird profile problem that meant it picked a random profile as soon as I minimised all windows on the desktop. That seems to have been fixed as well. :)

I could probably take it out of the USB 3 hub i bought to fix the instability......but Im happy now so will leave it where it is.

What flickering are you seeing Dervious ? Cant say ive noticed anything.

Associate
OP
Wait, so the "FIX" is only half of the battle. It still isn't the keyboard as advertised. It still seems that this issue is down to the physical limitations of the keyboard and response time. The flickering is just horrible IMO and just not good enough at all Corsair, like others I am still having to use the original 512 colors because of how distracting it is.

Is this still an ongoing issue that is trying to be fixed or is this the end of the line? I want to know if this is possible to fix fully because if not I am going to be very dissapointed. I feel as a customer I have been patient and given Corsair the benefit of the doubt but when other companies are offering a much better product I can't help but feel burned by what I have bought.

Last edited:
Associate
What flickering are you seeing Dervious ? Cant say ive noticed anything.

With 16.8million colours enabled, if there's any colour changing taking place on any key, other keys with fixed colour will flicker a few times per second. You can test this by setting all keys to a fixed colour, but get a key to go through a slow gradient when pressed. You'll almost certainly see the flicker. Although the gradient is now a lot smoother, it also can stutter a bit.

Looks like the processor/LED drivers are not up to the job of delivering what we thought we'd get (smooth animation).

Associate
Im not seeing the flickering you are referring to. Been sitting here staring at mine for a few minutes trying to see it.

Ive got all red single colour keys except for 8 keys that are fading up and down through a blue (WASD and cursors ).

The red keys are steady and I see no flicker ?

X3T

X3T

Associate
Ok I have updated CUE and the firmware to 1.20, and I still get the lighting lockup issue. In fact it's even worse now, although the cause is different - if you lock the computer (windows key + L) then the keyboard lights will never work again until you restart or unplug it.

Also the capslock, etc.. lights seem to only work 10% of the time, even when the rest of the keyboard is working.

X3T

X3T

Associate
Have you got it plugged in to a powered USB 3 hub ?

That fixed all my problems like this.
I do, although only the one lead. The instructions don't mention not plugging the power lead in when on USB 3, but the patch notes do so I unplugged it. Maybe this is the cause and for some reason I need both leads?

Associate
OP
Well, Just sent my K70 back today. The 16.8 million colour "Fix" is just not good enough and I personally urge anyone who is not 100% happy to do the same. I paid a premium and didn't get what I paid for.

I'm sure when the 2nd version that actually words as intended comes out I will be interested again.

For now I'll stick with my Poker 2.

Associate
Well, Just sent my K70 back today. The 16.8 million colour "Fix" is just not good enough and I personally urge anyone who is not 100% happy to do the same. I paid a premium and didn't get what I paid for.

I'm sure when the 2nd version that actually words as intended comes out I will be interested again.

For now I'll stick with my Poker 2.

That's reasonable. This is one of the reasons why we have the refund option in place - to accommodate those who are not going to be satisfied with the last fix that we have proposed.

But thank you for keeping your reservation open for what's coming in the future.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hope the problems arent as bad as they seem on this forumn, i just ordered the k70 rgb...4x the price of my usual keyboard.
This is a bit late but does the keyboard function as a plain keyboard in linux or is it totally dead without the software, i should have asked this before ordering.

Last edited:
Associate
I hope the problems arent as bad as they seem on this forumn, i just ordered the k70 rgb...4x the price of my usual keyboard.
This is a bit late but does the keyboard function as a plain keyboard in linux or is it totally dead without the software, i should have asked this before ordering.

Unfortunately, The CUE software is not compatible with Linux. You can enjoy the KB's build quality and the fact that it is a mechanical KB, but the not the full feature of the KB without the software. It's going to function like a basic KB.

The keys will be most likely red backlit, as that's the default color when you first plug in the KB to any system.

Associate
Just unpacked a k70 Rgb which I picked up from overclockers today, it has two scratches on it already. Box looked never to have been opened before so can only imagine it's been sent out that way.
Fairly disappointed, I'm either going to have to put up with them or spend time making a 30mile round trip to get it exchanged. Pretty poor show really I wouldn't expect the problem on a £30 board let alone a £130 one.
On the other hand the free mouse mat is bloody massive :)

Last edited:
Soldato
K95 RGB arrived recently, loving it a lot so far coming from a membrane. Not too fond of the software, when it works it works great, but seemingly it throws a tantrum now and then and the whole keyboard crashes which is bizarre!

Back
Top Bottom