Corsair RBG Owners Club

Soldato
My k70 arrived, the keyboard seems very nice but i dont like the keycaps much...theyre much slimmer than im used to, anyone know if i can just stick on a new keycap set and where you buy good ones from?

Associate
Just unpacked a k70 Rgb which I picked up from overclockers today, it has two scratches on it already. Box looked never to have been opened before so can only imagine it's been sent out that way.
Fairly disappointed, I'm either going to have to put up with them or spend time making a 30mile round trip to get it exchanged. Pretty poor show really I wouldn't expect the problem on a £30 board let alone a £130 one.
On the other hand the free mouse mat is bloody massive :)

That's unfortunate, sorry about that. If the box is free of dings, then it must have been a QC issue.

K95 RGB arrived recently, loving it a lot so far coming from a membrane. Not too fond of the software, when it works it works great, but seemingly it throws a tantrum now and then and the whole keyboard crashes which is bizarre!

Is it the Software that's crashing or the hardware (i.e. foreground light freezing)? because that shouldn't be happening anymore, the latest version of CUE has the specific fix for that kind of behavior.

Have you tried using a different USB port?

Last edited:
Soldato
I have noticed a slight issue with the colours that might have been pointed out already, white appears as cyan...setting it to 255,240,240 gives a more white colour but drops the brightness.

Soldato
just got mine today have to say very happy with build quality its top notch not too fussed if it has 16.8M colours tbh the 7 colours of the rainbow are enough for me
:))))))

and ordered thursday night received this morning with freebies from OCUK always the best for me :)

Soldato
My only regret is that maybe i should have tried for a US layout version, very hard to find many keycap collections with UK keys.
Haha i just checked for a US option, look at the photo they're using, I have no idea where that keyboard layout is from, it's pretty wierd.
EEK! tried out the animated rgb...not so much flicker as strobe.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi,
Yes its set to pure white. The volume icon looks white but keys look cyan unless i tweak it to increase red and lower the brightness of green and blue.

Associate
Got my K70 KGB (Brown switches) yesterday, so for I really like it. Haven't noticed any obvious issues yet but seeing issues posted by others with the lighting locking up, flickering and white appearing as cyan etc. I'll look out for similar issues the next few days and report back.

Only other minor complaints so far is the software is far from user friendly lol and the keycaps are slimmer than my previous keyboard, but I'll adjust to that with time and use. :)

Soldato
My K95 arrived today!

Quite happy so far but the software is going to take me a while to get my head around.

I have a profile i found (heatmap one) which i like but i want the colour change to speed up.

Anyone know how i can go about doing that?

any help would be appreciated.

Associate
Intuitive is not something you could describe the software as . Powerful yes .

It's a bit long winded but the full user manual pdf is worth a read if you want to stand any chance of how it works , it's pretty good.

Yeah I plan on doing that soon, I downloaded and import some profiles from the corsair website and looked at them to see if I could get an understanding as to how to create your own, but I didnt have much luck. So some manual reading it is then.

Associate
Yeah I plan on doing that soon, I downloaded and import some profiles from the corsair website and looked at them to see if I could get an understanding as to how to create your own, but I didnt have much luck. So some manual reading it is then.

I read the manual once, I don't think I'll ever read it again lol it's very detailed and covers all the SW's functionality and such.. but reading it is very tedious, I had to skip some of the features that I believe I won't be using :p I'd still recommend it to get you started creating light profiles, and once you get the hang of it, that's when the fun part begins!

Soldato
New owner of a K70 RGB - beautiful thing.

Small issues are the PC takes around 30 secs longer to boot and the keyboard has 'crashed' on me 3 times now, becoming completely unresponsive and requiring a reboot.

Soldato
I had to move the kb polling switch to boot, the pc just sat locked up. Causing the kb to reboot seemed to free the pc to continue booting. Is a light on the kb supposed to flash when youre in bios mode? I couldnt find any reference to what the light was for or if it was normal (to the right of caps lock light).

Associate
New owner of a K70 RGB - beautiful thing.

Small issues are the PC takes around 30 secs longer to boot and the keyboard has 'crashed' on me 3 times now, becoming completely unresponsive and requiring a reboot.

That issue should've been fixed already with the latest version of the SW. You are using CUE version 1.7.106 right? Make sure that your KB has the 1.2 FW too.

Have you tried using the KB on a different system by any chance to see if that behavior will persist.

I had to move the kb polling switch to boot, the pc just sat locked up. Causing the kb to reboot seemed to free the pc to continue booting. Is a light on the kb supposed to flash when youre in bios mode? I couldnt find any reference to what the light was for or if it was normal (to the right of caps lock light).

Are you using both USB connectors? and have you tried other USB ports in your system? Try re flashing the KB's FW to 1.2 and see if that helps.

When switching polling rate, it is normal for the lights to blink for like a second to indicate that polling rate has been changed. The blinking LED right next to the cap lock is perfectly normal as well when in BIOS mode.

Associate
Currently in the market for a new mech keyboard and corsair is my choosen brand so im looking for some help and suggestions....

Id like a model which has macro keys as i play mainly mmos and strategy games... i play some FPS but only sperdically...

Was thinking of K95 (non rgb model)..... price range aint really and issue but would still like a bargin!

Can anyone give me any advice/suggestions?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom