Corsair RBG Owners Club

Associate
Anybody else having issues with their keyboard since the last firmware/ software update?

Mine just randomly is no longer detected by CUE. Can restart the PC, move the keyboard USB it doesnt matter, the only way to get the keyboard working again is to reinstall CUE. Should say the keyboard works fine throughout, but it defaults to the red and white colour.

Associate
Anybody else having issues with their keyboard since the last firmware/ software update?

Mine just randomly is no longer detected by CUE. Can restart the PC, move the keyboard USB it doesnt matter, the only way to get the keyboard working again is to reinstall CUE. Should say the keyboard works fine throughout, but it defaults to the red and white colour.

Have you tried flicking the little bios switch on your keyboard? This tends to work for me if my keyboard suddenly becomes unresponsive/undetected.

But no, I have not had this problem.

As for my profile, I just have 66% brightness, random colour on keypress with the rest of the keyboard being entirely unlit. I like it.

I would love this keyboard with Cherry Blues though, I miss those switches, a lot.

Associate

Oh yes. Anotehr day, another wonderful corsair issue. They finally "fix" the 16.8 million colours issue (except they didn't really, did they - we'll have to buy revision 2 for that honour[/i] - buty...Nonetheless, I'm happy with it. I install the latest software version, and voila - new issues.

Plugging the keyboard in, it works fine - until you hear microsoft chiming in, that is. Check the device manager, and lo and behold device descriptor request failed.

This is the second and last chance I'll be giving Corsair with any of their products - I'll put my trust in someone else with my next purchase.

Associate
I recently bought one of the k95's but have a problem

I can set solid colours into the device memory but when i add an effect like colour ripple and save to the device memory as soon as the corsair cue software is closed i just get an unlit keyboard, is this a general fault with the keyboards?

Stu

edit: just read a few posts back and it seems they cant do the effects without the cue software running........

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys, picked up a K70 RGB and a M65 mouse today and I'm loving the lighting functions. However I'm having an issue with setting up my game control profiles using CUE.

I want to setup a single key on both the keyboard and mouse to act as my TS press to talk (which is a combination of keys), but I can only get it working as a press and release function (i.e. it doesn't matter if I'm holding down the assigned key, the key mapping still releases). The manual isn't helping me with this, and it has me totally stumped.

It works fine if I use a single key mapping for TS (e.g. scroll lock), but if I want to use Ctrl + ` for example, it doesn't.

Associate
Sounds like a "hold key pressed" feature. I'm afraid that's not possible with the current CUE version. It's something that we are looking into adding to CUE, perhaps future version.

Associate
If there's one thing I want, it's for CUE to have the ability to update without me having to go to the website, select my peripheral type, scroll the list for the applicable product, manually download the .zip, extract the zip and then install it, as if it's the first time I'm doing it.

That, or the ability to turn auto updates off.

/semirant

Associate
If there's one thing I want, it's for CUE to have the ability to update without me having to go to the website, select my peripheral type, scroll the list for the applicable product, manually download the .zip, extract the zip and then install it, as if it's the first time I'm doing it.

That, or the ability to turn auto updates off.

/semirant

I second this! Same comment for the Link software too.

Associate
Really considering the jump to a mechanical keyboard with the K70, but worried about all these problems.

Should I take the plunge or wait for the next gen?

Back
Top Bottom