Corsair RBG Owners Club

Associate
Really considering the jump to a mechanical keyboard with the K70, but worried about all these problems.

Should I take the plunge or wait for the next gen?

What problems are you specifically speaking about?

I've had a Corsair K70 RGB since the beginning of the year, I have had no problems at all, just a little annoyed with the CUE software as listed above.

I love the keyboard, I loved the switches being above the backplate so it's easy to clean with canned air, I love the clean look and the media scroll wheel is actually pretty hard to find on a good mechanical keyboard, it's definitely a good purchase from me.

The LED issues are only present on the K95 as far as I'm aware, but I haven't spent much time on this thread at all.. And even if they do fail, Corsair are pretty prompt with their RMA service. Greybeard has said there have been no bad batches of RGB keys, ever, so if you are worried, just spend the little extra on the RGB :p

Associate
If there's one thing I want, it's for CUE to have the ability to update without me having to go to the website, select my peripheral type, scroll the list for the applicable product, manually download the .zip, extract the zip and then install it, as if it's the first time I'm doing it.

That, or the ability to turn auto updates off.

/semirant

That doesn't sound right. Correct me If I'm wrong, but AFAIK CUE version 1.8 or higher should already have an auto update in the SW that will not require you to go to our website for update. What CUE version are you using?

EDIT: You are right, it is manual download for the SW, you get a notification then you need to go to our website. I was thinking about FW update - that's automatic update within the SW. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Associate
That doesn't sound right. Correct me If I'm wrong, but AFAIK CUE version 1.8 or higher should already have an auto update in the SW that will not require you to go to our website for update. What CUE version are you using?

EDIT: You are right, it is manual download for the SW, you get a notification then you need to go to our website. I was thinking about FW update - that's automatic update within the SW. Sorry about that.

Both the CUE and LINK software are the same - both tell you a new update is available, but having to remember which software is needing an update having to choose the item (keyboard/mouse/cooler) and then the software download, is long winded. If the CUE or LINK won't have auto update then can't we have a direct link (from the update notification) to the updated software at least?

Associate

Yeah... Sorry if it came across badly, I didn't mean for it to.

I was happy when I saw a little notification saying it was going to be automatically updated, but then I got the manual update box afterwards and I was pretty disappointed. I didn't realise the first was firmware.

As stated in this thread, the Link software does this too, apparently - It would be really nice if they had auto update features.

Associate
Any idea if we will ever get K70 RGBs with Blue switches?

I heard something about production being stopped on them due to defective switches or something along those lines, but I never knew how true it was, if at all. I've had my Red keyboard for a few months and I'm starting to dislike the switches.

Associate
Any idea if we will ever get K70 RGBs with Blue switches?

I heard something about production being stopped on them due to defective switches or something along those lines, but I never knew how true it was, if at all. I've had my Red keyboard for a few months and I'm starting to dislike the switches.

Yes, that is correct, we did stop production of the blues but not because they are defective. It was due to the low demand compared to the Reds and Browns. Official statement can be found here; http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=751211&postcount=86]

As far as i know brown switches have the same feel as blue, but no little click.

Correct, almost like the Blues in terms of actuation force minus the clicking sound. It's pretty much the compromise between the Reds and Blues.

Associate
Soldato
I have my k70 RGB with red switches, however, I find the keys bottoming out easily, so would there be any rubber stops to buy at all? The keyboard is lovely to type on, but the bottoming out in games is annoying. :p

Permabanned
I have my k70 RGB with red switches, however, I find the keys bottoming out easily, so would there be any rubber stops to buy at all? The keyboard is lovely to type on, but the bottoming out in games is annoying. :p

that doesn't make sense, if they bottom out easily then a heavier switch would help all the o-ring will do is dampen the noise when you bottom out

Back
Top Bottom