Corsair RBG Owners Club

Associate
got a question that we have in another thread, can someone confirm ?

Can the K70 or K95 (also the RGB models) are these USB 3 or USB 2? and can you plug just one USB cable in and not the other ?

If you are using USB3.0 port, you can just plug in the connector with a Keyboard icon.

Via USB2.0 port, you will have to plug in both connectors. Note: Plug in the connector with the two arrows icon first, and the connector with the keyboard icon second.

Soldato
Hi guys,

Got my K70 RGB on Sunday and now I'm having a play...

Same fairly basic questions I think; how do you get the profile you have currently selected to 'stick?' As soon as I close the Utility Engine the board reverts to its default profile.

Also, when my system locks the applied profile reverts to a red key mapping - it would be useful if I could get that to either map blue or be all off?

Aside from these very minor things, I'm absolutely loving the board! Just trying to get used to the key sensitivity although I'm sure someone's going to tell me how to turn that down aren't they?

I can't believe I held out on a mechanical keyboard for so long...

Associate
Hi guys,

Got my K70 RGB on Sunday and now I'm having a play...

Same fairly basic questions I think; how do you get the profile you have currently selected to 'stick?' As soon as I close the Utility Engine the board reverts to its default profile.

Also, when my system locks the applied profile reverts to a red key mapping - it would be useful if I could get that to either map blue or be all off?

Aside from these very minor things, I'm absolutely loving the board! Just trying to get used to the key sensitivity although I'm sure someone's going to tell me how to turn that down aren't they?

I can't believe I held out on a mechanical keyboard for so long...

To get the profile to stick, select it as your "Default profile" as well as saving it to the device memory - This should get rid of problem #2 too.

AkTz7j5.png

As for "key sensitivity", I am not too sure what you mean? How easy the physical keys are to press, the repeat rate, or what?

Soldato
Thanks Joe! I've set a basic profile to default and I've saved it to device memory.

Now when I lock my computer I get a blank keyboard - an improvement from red key bindings but how would I go about customising that?

As for gaming, I was under the impression that you could quickly switch between profiles, surely you haven't got to keep setting them as default and saving them to the devices memory :(

Associate
My keyboard doesn't actually start lighting until the CUE software loads when you log in, I am fairly certain you can't change it, but I'll let somebody else verify this.

As for switching profiles - Right click the key you would like to dedicate to a specific profile - And press "Profile Selection/Switching"

N5ioq65.png

Within the above menu, you can make X button switch from Profile A to profile B (e.g, pressing "End" switches from "Default" to "Rainbow Reactive" for me) - and then on your Profile B (Rainbow Reactive), you will want to map a key in the same way that switches back to Profile A (Default) - (So on "Rainbow Reactive", I have made pressing "End" revert back to the "Default" profile) - So you have a nice little cycle between them going on.

You can also make them into a list but I found this a lot more hassle.

Hope that kinda makes sense. A bit.

Soldato
Thanks mate, I think I'm making progress...

I'm happy with my standard Windows profile which I've made default and saved to the device memory. Now I've created an 'FPS' profile, lighting effects mainly, but when I select that and minimise CUE the keyboard reverts back to my default Windows profile!

Any ideas?

Associate
CUE. I think I've fixed it by assigning it to all of my FPS games :D

That's one way around it. Otherwise you just have to change it via System Tray :p

Glad you're enjoying it, but if I am being honest I'm not a huge fan of the CUE software either... Took me way too long to figure out how to use it.

Soldato
That's one way around it. Otherwise you just have to change it via System Tray :p

Glad you're enjoying it, but if I am being honest I'm not a huge fan of the CUE software either... Took me way too long to figure out how to use it.
I knew it wouldn't be that easy, I did a lot of research before purchasing :)

I think it'll be worth it though. Lovely bit of kit!

Associate
The quality of the K* boards is epic. Love the metal finish and how easy it is to clean under the keys.

And the volume wheel. The one thing that's not on many keyboards at all, but I love it.

Soldato
Weird my finely tuned 'FPS' profile for Far Cry 4 just suddenly stopped working a reverted back to my default one... mid-game. Any ideas?

Also, since I've assigned this profile to Far Cry 4, does that mean I have to copy it and rename it if I want to assign it to a similar title?

Thanks people.

Back
Top Bottom