Counter-Strike 2

So it seems its been publicly released now as everyone is saying their games are auto-updating.

Yet nothing promoting it on Steam store at all which is one of the most baffling things I think I've ever seen. Maybe tomorrow?

It doesn’t need and promoting or advertising, it’s week in week out the most played game on steam and Valve make ~$50 million a month from people opening cases.

So far, I'm loving it! I quite like this shooting, feel it's all quite an improvement. Not encountered any bugs so far though, early days...

Works flawlessly on linux mint, is it me though or does anyone else think it looks weird graphically? Like a TF2 cartoon'y vibe on the walls/surfaces? I don't mind it but kinda of looks like they've gone for a less realistic art style?

Definitely prefer it to CS:GO, I won the first full match I played and the gun physics/recoil definitely seems better/to my liking - reminds me of how I preferred CSS to cs1.6 when that came out.

Could be a placebo though? Might be the same recoil etc as CSGO?

Oh and it looks AWFUL if you do the usual CS thing of running at the lowest settings on everything in your native res to see through the smoke, so I've chosen looks over winning this time round haha!

The sub-tick system is taking some getting used to for me, my understanding is that it is definitely better than the system in CSGO and actually much more accurate, but I’ve been playing so much CSGO since March this year it’s just letting my eyes and muscle memory adapt to the new system.

The AK spray is horrible though and just feels rubbish in general though, I can’t hit a think with it :cry:

I have had trouble spraying with the AK. Didn't realise the ranks would be fully reset again, although I am wondering if you played the limited test your cs rating will effect the match making in the 10 initial games?

I can’t get used to the new viewport. I can see my feet when I run along it’s very weird!

It also feels like the camera is stuck right above my head rather than from my face if that makes sense?

Tried comp last night after a bit of casual and got hard carried. I was literally awful and barely got over 350 dmg I think. Gonna need some practice!
I think no one has a rank yet so your mixed with all skills, I think I am going to hold out for a week or two so that ranks can filter better.
My first match last night was vs 2 Global Elites not fun.

I use to play DoD (Day of Defeat) which from what i've gathered uses the same source as CS, i got really good at it especially with a sniper doing headshots. Don't think i could get anywhere near it now considering my reflexes have diminished over the years! Nice to see its getting upgraded now though.

Back
Top Bottom