Counter-Strike 2

So funny, had no idea this was out today/yesterday. Was just updating BF and wondering why my HDD was so full. CS2 had been updating in the background!
same as me, I was un aware of the update until I read on here today and thought I would login and give it ago.

Last edited:
Are car and fun maps still a thing? I absolutely loved that stuff, definitely wasted a lot of time I should have been studying jumping about on some pirate map.
To be honest, Competitive Mode absolutely captivated me (I was a surfer/glass map/aim map/no texture casual player CS1.5 days). I've been playing on and off in Competitive Mode for years now. It is like how Battlefield used to be when you got a squad together/joined a clan/all used TeamSpeak but a lot more casual. People actually work together etc...

Fun maps I haven't ever bothered with on CS GO.

Last edited:
To be honest, Competitive Mode absolutely captivated me (I was a surfer/glass map/aim map/no texture casual player CS1.5 days). I've been playing on and off in Competitive Mode for years now. It is like how Battlefield used to be when you got a squad together/joined a clan/all used TeamSpeak but a lot more casual. People actually work together etc...

Fun maps I haven't ever bothered with on CS GO.
Fairs. My exp really is in 1.6, probably just not relevant to modern Cs. Closest I got to competitive was filling in for some mates who had a clan but although I had my moments I wasn't playing at their level/time commitment at all really consistently, hence the fun map attraction. Also, easy competitive didn't exist back then, if it was a game mode from the main menu I would've been all over it.

Is it really like BF though? I loved BF3, never played too much with mates but I totally get what you mean about a good squad, but this feels like something that isn't quite as natural with CS, unless I'm just missing something. I suppose you need to naturally find good people and then try to play with them repeatedly or is the vibe good enough to just ransoms it all the time?

Fairs. My exp really is in 1.6, probably just not relevant to modern Cs. Closest I got to competitive was filling in for some mates who had a clan but although I had my moments I wasn't playing at their level/time commitment at all really consistently, hence the fun map attraction. Also, easy competitive didn't exist back then, if it was a game mode from the main menu I would've been all over it.

Is it really like BF though? I loved BF3, never played too much with mates but I totally get what you mean about a good squad, but this feels like something that isn't quite as natural with CS, unless I'm just missing something. I suppose you need to naturally find good people and then try to play with them repeatedly or is the vibe good enough to just ransoms it all the time?
Ah literally there is a competitive match make mode. You join, are committed so most folk generally stick the whole thing out (very rare people drop), you use mic/Teamspeak built in. It is good fun. Obviously 80/20 in that some games suck but generally mostly a good experience. You don't need to know anyone - all are in the same bag of wanting to play "seriously".

CS1.6 AFAIK never had this, it was new in GO, so was a bit of a learning curve/change in vibe for me when my friend got me on it.

Ah literally there is a competitive match make mode. You join, are committed so most folk generally stick the whole thing out (very rare people drop), you use mic/Teamspeak built in. It is good fun. Obviously 80/20 in that some games suck but generally mostly a good experience. You don't need to know anyone - all are in the same bag of wanting to play "seriously".

CS1.6 AFAIK never had this, it was new in GO, so was a bit of a learning curve/change in vibe for me when my friend got me on it.
Yeah I think I've played a bit of that on go but it didn't feel quite as engaging as I expected it should (then again, I seemed to feel this about any CS after 1.6). Maybe a slow burn and perhaps I've been spoiled by the stakes of BRs. Maybe now's the right time to play again, would be the first since the release of Apex if I did. Is setting your weapon to the left hand side still a thing? That was super leet stuff.

As long as you like racist abuse over your mic chat by hacking teenagers, you'll be fine.

Last night, I played dota for first time in over a year. First thing I did was make the team aware. Five minutes in and some twonk on my team was giving me grief and calling me a loser. He then called for game to Finish Fast.

Five minutes beyond that and I've settled into the groove and we go on to win. He's still calling me crap at the end.

I think I'll feel at home in a CS server lol.

What FPS are people getting since release?

I've just got a new monitor (3440x1440) and only seem to be getting 170-200FPS, where on my old monitor 2160x1440 I was getting 350-400fps. GPU is a 4090 so I don't think i'd expect that much of a dip :confused:
How can you check? I used to use Net_Graph 3 on CSGO but that does not seem to work in CS2

Back
Top Bottom