Counter-Strike 2

I've got the both the steam overlay FPS counter and the Nvidia FPS counter on, should probably just use one though :p

I believe Net_graph doesn't work in CS2 at all sadly.
I assumed the same.

Ill try the Steam overly 1 and see what I get, I'm using at 1440P and got a 4070Ti but will not be able to test until tonight as currently "working" lol

Last edited:
What aim trainer would ya'll suggest?

I used to play CSS in its early days fairly well, but that was a long time ago... CS2 has hooked me, but I'm rusty and need training!

Im a bit perplexed why they would have CS2 just replace CS:GO, especially when its lost a lot of the gamemodes/features.

Personally Im not so fussed but I can see why some people who play those gamemodes are a bit cheesed off.

When CS:GO came out it did not replace CSS. Similarly CSS did not replace CS1.6.

I understand the rationale to not split up the community, but if CS2 becomes a better game then people will switch over to play it.

For me at the moment CS2 feels a bit clunky and sluggish in terms of movement and there is too much screen jerk when trying to control recoil (Ive seen videos showing that the serverside and playerside desyncs when spraying leading to this). Hopefully they can improve these things in the coming months.

Have to say getting a headshot feels a bit more triumphant now in CS2 with the added click sound. I so far have no issues with the reg, but will need to look into all the new stuff they added like reflex and boost etc.

That is story wise. He may of meant in terms of innovation and advancement in graphics & gameplay, like what HL2 was when that came out. In that regard I think it is technically HL3 as it's brilliant.

Well storywise is really all that counts as people want the story to continue with a part 3. Yeah it's a new engine and that but still it doesn't advance the story any, merely alters a couple of elements of it. And according to wiki it was made as a prequel as Valve reckoned people would react negatively to HL3 being VR only.

It's a step forward in some respects, mostly being a showcase for the new engine, but until Valve actually pull their thumb out of their ass it does act as a hl3 of sorts, until they actually make the game people have been waiting almost 20 years for.

Are there any guides for carrying over your config (binds specifically?). I mainly have them for buying, but I have mouse4 (thumb) click and hold to carry knife, let go change back to last-used. I've had that since 1.3 days! :eek:
Anyone? :)

I loaded it up for 10mins last night and I guess with the new buy menu, you don't need binds for that anymore which is great. But what about jumpthrows* and my knife bind? :D

*I'm sure Valve said you wouldn't need a jumpthrow bind? :confused:

Im a bit perplexed why they would have CS2 just replace CS:GO, especially when its lost a lot of the gamemodes/features.

Personally Im not so fussed but I can see why some people who play those gamemodes are a bit cheesed off.

When CS:GO came out it did not replace CSS. Similarly CSS did not replace CS1.6.

I understand the rationale to not split up the community, but if CS2 becomes a better game then people will switch over to play it.

For me at the moment CS2 feels a bit clunky and sluggish in terms of movement and there is too much screen jerk when trying to control recoil (Ive seen videos showing that the serverside and playerside desyncs when spraying leading to this). Hopefully they can improve these things in the coming months.

Have to say getting a headshot feels a bit more triumphant now in CS2 with the added click sound. I so far have no issues with the reg, but will need to look into all the new stuff they added like reflex and boost etc.

I think it all boils down to the skins market personally, people open 30-50 million cases a month (probably done that in the last few days though!) which is such a huge revenue stream for Valve. They've had to transfer skins over to the new weapon models, and I expect they'll release a case/operation in due course and I imagine that will only work on CS2.

Back when CS:GO was released lots of players (pros included) almost refused to move over because CSGO wasn't as polished as 1.6/CSS, some even tweeting saying CSGO would never be as big as CSS :cry:

I think moving everyone over will lead to the game getting polished much quicker as well, as there will obviously be more data.

As for missing game modes, the Arms Race maps have been teased in videos and on Steam, so I would expect them to be releasing at least that at some point soon. Matchmaking/Competitive was always far and away the most popular mode though, so makes sense for them to focus on that first, especially as that's what the pros play.

Anyone? :)

I loaded it up for 10mins last night and I guess with the new buy menu, you don't need binds for that anymore which is great. But what about jumpthrows* and my knife bind? :D

*I'm sure Valve said you wouldn't need a jumpthrow bind? :confused:

Can't help with the transfer of keybinds sorry mate, but jumpthrows are now a "skill test," simple let go of your mouse button at the top of a jump and you will get a sound queue to know that it's been completed successfully. Super easy, don't think i've failed one since the start of the Beta.

There must be some sort of aim-assist as standard as it seems much easier than Global Offensive

Custom servers ain't working for me, but I can however play deathmatch in matchmaking ok

Last edited:
I think it all boils down to the skins market personally, people open 30-50 million cases a month (probably done that in the last few days though!) which is such a huge revenue stream for Valve. They've had to transfer skins over to the new weapon models, and I expect they'll release a case/operation in due course and I imagine that will only work on CS2.

Back when CS:GO was released lots of players (pros included) almost refused to move over because CSGO wasn't as polished as 1.6/CSS, some even tweeting saying CSGO would never be as big as CSS :cry:

I think moving everyone over will lead to the game getting polished much quicker as well, as there will obviously be more data.

As for missing game modes, the Arms Race maps have been teased in videos and on Steam, so I would expect them to be releasing at least that at some point soon. Matchmaking/Competitive was always far and away the most popular mode though, so makes sense for them to focus on that first, especially as that's what the pros play.

Can't help with the transfer of keybinds sorry mate, but jumpthrows are now a "skill test," simple let go of your mouse button at the top of a jump and you will get a sound queue to know that it's been completed successfully. Super easy, don't think i've failed one since the start of the Beta.
The only reason people don't play CSS is because it became full of bots/hackers. It was definitely THE best one for sure though!

I'm just using the FPS monitor built into my AOC monitor. Seems locked at 144 so mind you, maybe thats showing refresh rate rather than fps :confused: Seems smooth though.

How come the buy menu doesn't disappear when buy time is over? It's very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom