Counter-Strike 2

You sat in a queue for over 45 minutes? wild.

Almost, yea, I gave up after 55 mins and closed the game. 30 mins later, I tried again and found something after 10 mins. It's all over the place, and the counter just increases in time despite the amount of people also searching for a game.

Almost, yea, I gave up after 55 mins and closed the game. 30 mins later, I tried again and found something after 10 mins. It's all over the place, and the counter just increases in time despite the amount of people also searching for a game.
What were you Searching for? Premier has never been longer than 5 minutes at worst for us, whether its solo, duo, 3 or 5

What were you Searching for? Premier has never been longer than 5 minutes at worst for us, whether its solo, duo, 3 or 5

I've been mainly trying to find casual deathmatch lobbies as I want to refresh weapon handling skills. I don't know what prime is, saw it was enabled but I'm assuming this will be a paid option to get priority queues? If so, I'll uninstall lol. I'm not paying to find games quicker.

I've been mainly trying to find casual deathmatch lobbies as I want to refresh weapon handling skills. I don't know what prime is, saw it was enabled but I'm assuming this will be a paid option to get priority queues? If so, I'll uninstall lol. I'm not paying to find games quicker.

Prime enabled is just if you bought CS:GO before it became free to play I think.

What balancing issues have you had? Only thing I've noticed so far is the matchmaking being inconsistent due to all the ranks being hard reset. Only played premier mode so far.

Spray doesn't feel consistent, M4 is laughably low dmg, object hitboxes are just questionable... Grenades bouncing off thin air... The slow down when shot is OTT and needs to be dialled back. And I've got a gig internet with very low ping, on the right tick rates and all that, yet still questionable misses from a shot that should have hit. It just feels lofty and nothing connects as it should.

Spray doesn't feel consistent, M4 is laughably low dmg, object hitboxes are just questionable... Grenades bouncing off thin air... The slow down when shot is OTT and needs to be dialled back. And I've got a gig internet with very low ping, on the right tick rates and all that, yet still questionable misses from a shot that should have hit. It just feels lofty and nothing connects as it should.
You could have a decades or a minutes CS experience and still be making those comments :D

Last edited:
I had my first go last night on CS2 and only played Dust II casually just to try to get my aim back in as haven't played in a long time. Game type was the one where you instantly spawn back and constantly get shot in the back. ;) Dunno what that's called.
I apparently only played 18 hours of CS:GO it said on steam for me. I played CS:Source the most over the years. I'm still ok (usually mid table on public lobbies), but the thing with CS is that as you age, your reactions do go away and it's hard to compete with the younguns that play it all day every day. We need an over 40s OCUK old git league for moaners.

Are there any issues with hacking with it being so new? I felt like there were people hacking last night when I played but it was hard to tell.

In terms of how CS2 feels. OK I guess. Not hugely different for me. If anything it feels smoother with a nice feel. The shotguns felt better and pistols. Ak and M4 feel different, like maybe harder to do well with. Not sure if they got balanced. AWP campers still living life to the full I see. :) Looks a bit nicer. Dunno really. Just an extension to the already great game it's always been for me. It was never going to radically change. It's just been brought up to date a bit.

You think this is worse then CS:GO then? I think It's a lot better then that in every sense. Feels so much smoother to me. They have changed the spray though I feel, but that should be fine once you get used to it (I've always been terrible at spraying).

Glad they've added the legacy crosshair so I can finally replicate the one I had in CS Source.

You think this is worse then CS:GO then? I think It's a lot better then that in every sense. Feels so much smoother to me. They have changed the spray though I feel, but that should be fine once you get used to it (I've always been terrible at spraying).

Glad they've added the legacy crosshair so I can finally replicate the one I had in CS Source.

I skipped CSGO, I came from CS1.6 to CSS, CSS being my main CS game and back then, I played pretty competitively. CS2 feels much closer to CSS than 1.6 or GO, at least to me. But it doesn't feel as predictable as I would have expected. Maybe I need more time, but right now, I'll avoid until a few patches have been out.

Good game yesterday mate! :)

It definitely feels different in some aspects, better in others.

The new subtick system is doing some weird things I think, things that I can't really describe in words but there's plenty of videos out there explaining how it's technically more accurate than CSGO but doesn't feel like it due to muscle memory. With your mouse click being recorded at the exact moment it was pressed, rather than waiting for the next tick, it does look like you should have killed someone at times but you end up dying.

Then the run and gun and dying round corners is a big problem at the moment, again, I think this is technically "more" accurate but just going against you rather than for you.

@jaybee Hackers are most definitely a problem, had a game last night in a 5 stack with probably the most obvious hacking i've seen in CS in years, guy firing shots off just before you come round a corner while i'm behind a smoke (In Vertigo B site so not given away by the new shadows), and one round where he killed four players with headshots within a second as we were coming up B stairs on Vertigo, something I haven't ever even seen a pro do and this guy had 1.9k ELO :confused:

Lots and lots of reports of cheating across reddit and other platforms too, i'm really really hoping that valve have a big update to VAC up their sleeves and they're just gathering data, otherwise with the new game having so much hype the cheating is just going to become more and more prevalent :(

@agnes I'm close to waiting for a few updates to come out too, the game definitely feels worse now it's released than before in the beta, can't pin it to an single issue but probably a big mix of everything i've posted before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom