COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Finally improving a bit five or six days since it started.

Both me and the OH have been hit bad with this with symptoms coming and going but after crashing out it today and finally getting a few hours sleep it feels like it may be heading the right way.

Still a head full of blemange and spouting drivel but how much of that is the lurgy and how much just my default position I can't say

Yeah, it seems the more you get it the more you're likely to have a really nasty bout of it.
That's not a good sign then. First time here and day 6 I'm still positive, starting on the mend though.

OH was clear day 5 but she's still battered.

The odd thing is my immune system ain't that great, hers is as strong as an ox's and yet it's been pretty similar.

Guess it also depends on the variant?

Still waiting to turn the corner with this infection, 12 days after initial throat symptoms and 8 days after single lft positive. Bit bunged up and achy, but by far the worst thing is mental and physical exhaustion.

I've not tested positive for COVID at all and neither has anyone else at work with whatever just went around - but similar story here after something went around at work - today was the first time, 14 days from the initial throat symptoms, where I've got through a full shift at work and not hit significant fatigue after ~4 hours. Never had anything like it from a cold before. Same with the back of my nose/throat being a bit grotty - lingered long after it normally clears from a cold and still only 99% better now.

So my symptoms started on Tuesday night (tested +ve on Wednesday). It was rough for 2 days but have been on the mend since Friday. Overall worse than the first two times I've had it but still quite a mild illness - hoping Tuesday / Wednesday I'll be mainly better.

My first two infections where pretty similar, symptoms wise it was very much a sore throat and high temperature followed by loss of smell / taste. This time it was more like a cold with diarrhoea (never nice!). I'd certainly echo the 'brain fog' bit, only lasted about 1-2 days for me but yeah it was real!

Last edited:
I've not tested positive for COVID at all and neither has anyone else at work with whatever just went around - but similar story here after something went around at work - today was the first time, 14 days from the initial throat symptoms, where I've got through a full shift at work and not hit significant fatigue after ~4 hours. Never had anything like it from a cold before. Same with the back of my nose/throat being a bit grotty - lingered long after it normally clears from a cold and still only 99% better now.
My initial very sore throat and runny/blocked nose reduced around day 6, but has returned in a milder form since around day 8. The brain fog, mental and physical tiredness ramped up and have remained high since around day8, diarrhoea along with other common cold/flu symptoms (aches, pains) throughout whole period.

Edit: Better half did her first LFT since last Sunday a while ago, she's had Long COVID continuously for ~2 years now. Her throat got sore after mine (which makes sense as this came from my workplace, she is signed off sick), but she has felt like she has turned the corner in the last ~24 hours, back to her typical long COVID symptoms.
A possibly really really faint positive line this afternoon.

Prompted me to do my first LFT since last Saturday, definite positive. Ties in with how I feel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom