COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

I am never going on a cruise, despite Saga’s nagging!

I've been wary of cruise ships ever since the first time I saw the stats for things like outbreaks of norovirus etc on them, IIRC the common term is floating petri dish.

I've been wary of cruise ships ever since the first time I saw the stats for things like outbreaks of norovirus etc on them, IIRC the common term is floating petri dish.
Cautious in laws got Omincron mid summer after a cruise, asthma sufferer was rough for several weeks.

Only ever done one cruise, they aren't good for your waistline, if you don't have much restraint around food.

Currently got covid for the third time along wife wife and little boy. Only people I know that have had it 3 times which is bizarre as we were by far the most ‘safe’ people for about 18 months of lock down etc. Thankfully this third time has been mildest.

I am never going on a cruise, despite Saga’s nagging!

Going on a cruise just seems like a stupid idea to me, you're on a boat with loads of other people, all it takes is one case and you're screwed as by the time patient zero is showing signs they've already infected half the ship...

My parents got Covid when flying back from Madeira in June. At the time, Portugal had a large wave of cases. Plus Portuguese people use Madeira as a weekend stay.

I caught it from them first week in July.

Came down with ‘Covid’ the Friday before the first lockdown. There were no test centres for 40 miles at the time. When I was tested positive in July, my headache location, pain in chest and cough were exactly the same - in March 2020

Everyone has said to me that I did have Covid back in March 2020.

There is a surprise. Insurrectionist and covid denier Dr Simone Gold made a fortune from fleecing covid deniers of money. At least its all falling apart now.

Lost all taste sensation of salt and sugar over the past few days as my runny nose/sneezing cold came to an end. Everything tastes different and I can’t even taste the slight sweetness of my softened tap water either.

Testing negative on a flow test though and exhibit no issues/symptoms. Most confusing.

Eh, just avoid the crappy brands. The better ones have cleaning routines far above land-based hotels, HVAC systems that don't recycle any air, etc.

16 cruises under my belt, never fell to noro, and only got covid due to the flight, rather than the cruise itself.

Back
Top Bottom