COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

The thing about cheesefest is, whenever I am in a state of wondering why the hell I married my moaning and complaining wife, along comes a cheesefest post and suddenly the wife doesn't seem quite so intolerable :) We love you really cheesefest, at least supermarket workers were, and are there for us, unlike the lesser spotted General Practitioner.

Last edited:
Eh, just avoid the crappy brands. The better ones have cleaning routines far above land-based hotels, HVAC systems that don't recycle any air, etc.

16 cruises under my belt, never fell to noro, and only got covid due to the flight, rather than the cruise itself.

and you know this how for sure ?

Further evidence that face coverings were largely pointless in shops..

“This was a building designed for 120, with quite a high ceiling and doors opening and constant air movement, it doesn’t make sense to imagine that there are these clouds of aerosols drifting around and being inhaled.

“It is plausible there are risks in packed indoor spaces, but the risks of ordinary supermarkets, shops or church gatherings have probably been exaggerated.”

The team said it was not criticising the original investigation, but said the incident had continued to be used as a reason for indoor restrictions, even when new evidence emerged questioning airborne spread in well-ventilated buildings.

Bristol University has shown that the infectivity of airborne coronavirus can decrease by 90 per cent within 20 minutes of exhalation. The same university also found that singing does not produce substantially more respiratory particles than speaking at a similar volume.

Prof Dingwall added: “Even in human challenge trials, where people have had the virus shoved up their noses, only about half get infected.

“There is very solid evidence that humans do not like to get closer than a metre to each other if they can avoid it and in normal circumstances our breath doesn’t travel more than half a metre.

“More typically, the stuff you exhale will travel about 20cm and it will tend to disperse upwards because it’s hotter than the surrounding air.”

Weight Issues, Severe Fatigue, Nasua, Acid Reflex, Possible Blood Clots, Damage to the Heart, High Blood Pressure etc. All these being investigated now by the people who said it was completely safe?! - Ever since I had the second jab my Fatigue is a lot worse, as is the damage to my muscles ie Digenerative Disease of which I was diagnosed to both hips! :mad:

image.jpg

Last edited:
Weight Issues, Severe Fatigue, Nasua, Acid Reflex, Possible Blood Clots, Damage to the Heart, High Blood Pressure etc. All these being investigated now by the people who said it was completely safe?! - Ever since I had the second jab my Fatigue is a lot worse, as is the damage to my muscles ie Digenerative Disease of which I was diagnosed to both hips! :mad:

image.jpg
Could it be the vaccines, could it be the COVID itself. We'll probably never know for sure.

Because I passed a PCR test on the Saturday morning (with no other interactions with the public), flew Sunday morning, boarded Sunday afternoon, and started presenting symptoms when I woke up on Monday morning.

So it would have either been Gatwick, the flight, or Schipol.
More likely you were infected on the Thursday or Friday as it’s not that quick and passing a PCR doesn’t mean you weren’t already infected either.

More likely you were infected on the Thursday or Friday as it’s not that quick and passing a PCR doesn’t mean you weren’t already infected either.

According to you lot, people shouldnt be able to catch covid from others. How did so many people catch it if it isnt spreadable?

Last edited:
According to you lot, people shouldnt be able to catch covid from others. How did so many people catch it if it isnt spreadable?
I didn’t say it wasn’t spreadable just that their hypothesis for when they were infected is likely wrong.

As for shops the article covers why you are unlikely to get infected there.

I didn’t say it wasn’t spreadable just that their hypothesis for when they were infected is likely wrong.

As for shops the article covers why you are unlikely to get infected there.

Even more unlikely if people wear masks.

For instance the only flawed evidence was that they didnt know they had already beeen infected. That was what the problem was, they only thought one person had it so that is what they jumped too.

Last edited:
Unlikely, given my wife and I had no contact with anyone for that entire working week, as we didn't want to risk not being able to go on the cruise (which a failed Saturday pcr would have resulted in)

Unlikely, given my wife and I had no contact with anyone for that entire working week, as we didn't want to risk not being able to go on the cruise (which a failed Saturday pcr would have resulted in)
Maybe you got it Saturday or the week prior but getting symptomatic within 24 hours doesn’t happen - would be a lot easier to control if it did.

Further evidence that face coverings were largely pointless in shops..

“This was a building designed for 120, with quite a high ceiling and doors opening and constant air movement, it doesn’t make sense to imagine that there are these clouds of aerosols drifting around and being inhaled.

“It is plausible there are risks in packed indoor spaces, but the risks of ordinary supermarkets, shops or church gatherings have probably been exaggerated.”

The team said it was not criticising the original investigation, but said the incident had continued to be used as a reason for indoor restrictions, even when new evidence emerged questioning airborne spread in well-ventilated buildings.

Bristol University has shown that the infectivity of airborne coronavirus can decrease by 90 per cent within 20 minutes of exhalation. The same university also found that singing does not produce substantially more respiratory particles than speaking at a similar volume.

Prof Dingwall added: “Even in human challenge trials, where people have had the virus shoved up their noses, only about half get infected.

“There is very solid evidence that humans do not like to get closer than a metre to each other if they can avoid it and in normal circumstances our breath doesn’t travel more than half a metre.

“More typically, the stuff you exhale will travel about 20cm and it will tend to disperse upwards because it’s hotter than the surrounding air.”
Most supermarkets have incredibly high ceilings. Usually twice as high as the tallest shelf.

Some shops, especially ones in old buildings have low ceilings.

Back
Top Bottom