COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Associate
Got my 4th Shot coming on 13th Dec. Flu Jab tomorrow. Wanted them to be way apart. 56 and not vulnerable but caught Covid in Jan 2021 (before any jabs) and it put me on a ventilator for 10 days!

Man of Honour
COVID seems to have all but disappeared around here - even the big district hospital is barely seeing any cases - the last lot that went around 2-3 months back plus boosters possibly has produced enough immunity it can't easily get a grip for now - possibly community resistance might even last well into the winter with a bit of luck.

(Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon).

Last edited:
Soldato
Anecdotal but it is picking up around here again. It’s a 50/50 split between unlucky domestic pick ups and those who have travelled. In fact those who have flown anywhere overseas seem to be highly likely to catch it (including me 100% record 2/2!)

Soldato
After coming down with Covid at end of September, with the only known previous time being end of March '20 and nine months after my booster jab, I still wake up everyday with a hybrid of symptoms you would normally associate with flu and a respiratory infection.

Feeling ready for the knacker's yard for two months is no fun and still no sign of the corner.

Even more frustrating as it has come after my best cycling fitness year, now a 15-30min gentle effort on my turbo trainer (basically a smart exercise bike) leaves me floored afterwards.:(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
COVID seems to have all but disappeared around here - even the big district hospital is barely seeing any cases - the last lot that went around 2-3 months back plus boosters possibly has produced enough immunity it can't easily get a grip for now - possibly community resistance might even last well into the winter with a bit of luck.

(Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon).
Yep end of current wave although it never seems to dip right down after it though - https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare?areaType=nation&areaName=England

Associate
Damn, any lasting trouble from that?
I struggled with noticeable issues with my energy and breathing for about 6 months after. Bizarrely I also had some issues in with hearing on one ear for about a further year that started afterwards. Always wondered if it was related. Whilst I was poorly and weak for a good month after I then improved but still took another 5 months to get back to "normal". Note I am also a non-smoker and reasonably fit for my age. I do suffer from occassional asthma which was why it hit me hard the Doc said.

Soldato
I've been in lockdown for 5 days here, but should be back to work tomorrow. It's my third this year, but also the shortest.

They had a marathon last weekend, and then quickly afterwards people were being locked down.
Has been very easy to see the attitude shifting over the year with each lockdown. Comments on WeChat moments/similar have been very critical. Definitely not felt this kind of atmosphere in the last 5 years.

Associate
I've been in lockdown for 5 days here, but should be back to work tomorrow. It's my third this year, but also the shortest.

They had a marathon last weekend, and then quickly afterwards people were being locked down.
Has been very easy to see the attitude shifting over the year with each lockdown. Comments on WeChat moments/similar have been very critical. Definitely not felt this kind of atmosphere in the last 5 years.
Me too. I'm in my third lockdown in two months. They are also promising this one to be the shortest, 5 days. Not sure I believe...

Everyone is so depressed now. Especially watching the crowds at the World Cup, wondering why it's so different here.

Soldato
2022 is punishment for the previous years being so easy in Chengdu. :cry::(

Definitely interested to see how they deal with the current discontent. I’m not sure the people in my apartment complex have another lockdown in them, they’ll be smashing down the gate.

Back
Top Bottom