COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Associate
What concerns me just as much is why is China still persisting with zero covid policy?

If Covid was gain of function lab leak from Wuhan (I know can’t prove that and we probably never will 100%) but the Chinese government would know more than any other country about covid.

What do they know what no-one else does?

The truth is out there (cue x-files music!)

Associate
What concerns me just as much is why is China still persisting with zero covid policy?

If Covid was gain of function lab leak from Wuhan (I know can’t prove that and we probably never will 100%) but the Chinese government would know more than any other country about covid.

It might just be because the Chinese government loves throwing its weight around.

Soldato
if their numbers are anything remotely close to what they've disclosed then they've got allot of people either unvaccinated with no prior history of contracting covid, for those that are vaccinated, well, there vaccine isn't supposed to be very good is it?

Last edited:
Soldato

Probably because they know their sinovax vaccines are rubbish and hospitals would get very overwhelmed very quickly look what happened in Hong Kong, it wouldn't look good for the CCP or Xi's image and he's nothing if not all about presenting a serene and in-control image.

Soldato
Poor vaccination rate, poor vaccines, and a poor health service. Wonder if we'll see scenes like Italy in 2020 if it gets out of hand.
They should accept some help with western vaccines (No doubt that is what the ruling party and their families have had anyway...) but it would probably be a huge loss of face, and they won't want that.

Caporegime

Because they have bugger all vaccine coverage - particularly among the oldest and most vulnerable - and kind of rubbish healthcare. Uncontrolled Covid in China is going to be like that wave that swept through India, perhaps worse. Tens of millions dead.

If Covid was gain of function lab leak from Wuhan

It wasn't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom