COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Don
What do you mean by immune system issues? Those with weakened immune systems were specifically encouraged to get vaccinated and were prioritised after the over 65s.
People with certain types of cancers shouldn't get vaccinated whilst being treated, those with other conditions, though can get vaccinated, may not give them any realy benefit as well.

Don
@SexyGreyFox works at Royal Stoke University Hospital. Which hospital do you work at?
Is he a doctor? Is this watercooler chat of people's private data, or is that actual reports he can share to back this up?

Most public data suggest that the most vaccinated people are the ones dying or ending up in hospital, a natural consequence of them being the most vulnerable people receiving multiple boosters.

Associate
Same doctors told me not to eat certain food like grapefruit which is a healthy food and other foods as it interferes with the tabs but the same NHS staff claim the experimental jab is safe?.

Last edited:
Caporegime
People with certain types of cancers shouldn't get vaccinated whilst being treated, those with other conditions, though can get vaccinated, may not give them any realy benefit as well.
You're talking about a relatively small number of people who effectively have no immune system to react to the vaccine. Even though they might not receive the full benefit the majority of cancer patients could be vaccinated and receive at least some benefit.

Is he a doctor? Is this watercooler chat of people's private data, or is that actual reports he can share to back this up?

Most public data suggest that the most vaccinated people are the ones dying or ending up in hospital, a natural consequence of them being the most vulnerable people receiving multiple boosters.
He has access to a lot of information, some of which he's posted before. Only he can say if there's current information he can share.

Last edited:
Soldato
You're talking about a relatively small number of people who effectively have no immune system to react to the vaccine. Even though they might not receive the full benefit the majority of cancer patients could be vaccinated and receive at least some benefit.

He has access to a lot of information, some of which he's posted before. Only he can say if there's current information he can share.

Correct. It has become very clear recently (although it was alluded to years ago), that an antibody response is not the end-all, it is just the easiest to measure. If you have a functional immune system at all (which most people on immune suppressors do, it doesn't destroy your immune system completely), then T-Cells will be generated to fight off COVID and can be the difference between a 'bad flu' and death.

Thankfully, those T-Cells are by far the most robust part of our immune response against COVID, and can recognise all current strains.

Last edited:
Don
It's not like those articles actually state to speak to your doctor in their specific case and list off a bunch of generic cases where you shouldn't get vaccinated.

We would advise patients to get vaccinated unless advised otherwise by their medical team but:​

• Not to get vaccinated on the same day as receiving most systemic anti-cancer therapy e.g. chemotherapy or immunotherapy. This does not apply to patients who are only having radiotherapy. People on daily tablet treatment can also be vaccinated the same day.
  • Not to get vaccinated while being treated for an infection.
  • Not to get vaccinated if feeling very unwell due to side-effects from systemic anti-cancer therapy.
  • Not to get vaccinated in the week before planned surgery and to wait until fully recovered after being discharged.
  • If you are on chemotherapy the recommended time to receive the vaccination is the week prior to your next dose of treatment (2-3 weeks after your last chemotherapy treatment)

Latest covid info from my local hospital:

v

Total number people with the winter 2022 booster (which is presumable what is now considered to be vaccinated in some circles) is only about 2/3 of vulnerable people in Scotland, which would be classed as vaccinated, but comparing with the hospital data, there's just no evidence of detoriating hospital numbers, despite the recent big spike in infections.

Caporegime

v

Total number people with the winter 2022 booster (which is presumable what is now considered to be vaccinated in some circles) is only about 2/3 of vulnerable people in Scotland, which would be classed as vaccinated, but comparing with the hospital data, there's just no evidence of detoriating hospital numbers, despite the recent big spike in infections.
Among all the statistics do they cover how many of the in hospital, in ICU and dead were vaccinated and unvaccinated?

Associate

v

In for other reasons labelled covid. I no someone who went in with a broken leg and they were more interested in getting a positive test first.

Last edited:
Soldato
Correct. It has become very clear recently (although it was alluded to years ago), that an antibody response is not the end-all, it is just the easiest to measure. If you have a functional immune system at all (which most people on immune suppressors do, it doesn't destroy your immune system completely), then T-Cells will be generated to fight off COVID and can be the difference between a 'bad flu' and death.

Thankfully, those T-Cells are by far the most robust part of our immune response against COVID, and can recognise all current strains.
Absolutely this, my wife has no B-cells what so ever due to constant rituxamab treatment, but she does have functional T-cells which were enough to fight off an omicron B2 infection with the help of paxlovid

Caporegime
They no longer reported this in Scotland after it was mostly people who were vaccinated.
Maybe you're right, though I assume @SexyGreyFox is only speaking of his own hospital, but the only counter to his point is an unsubstantiated statement.

I got banned from the covid section too. People lost their minds over the whole thing. The persecution was strong and worrying.

BTW im still unjabbed and still not dead.
It did take you six months to recover from being thread banned though.

Man of Honour
To be honest, this is all just anecdotes.

Anecdotes sent in email by the Chief Executive.
I think we have around 68 covid patients, some of them were normal patients who caught covid in hospital.
However the majority (could be eg 35 to 33) haven't been vaccinated.
1 person has died this last week with Covid but my Dad died with Covid present but it didn't kill him.

Back
Top Bottom