COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Man of Honour
I am off course still worried that there may be don't longer term side effects of the jabs. However there are also clearly side effects from disease as well. You can't really succeed 100%. However the SARS virus and understanding has spanned decades from my understanding COVID 19 was from my simpleton perspective a new type of SARS virus but we already had enough building blocks for it. I'm not going to lie, I am awaiting the full studies of the vaccines and their long term impact. But it's done now. I was able to travel to see friends and family nearly a dozen times since lockdown so it was worth it just for that. Selfish perhaps, but that's the joy of being a multinational.
Similar outlook to me, I've had my jabs even had the latest bivalent one mainly because my wife is pregnant so anything that reduces the risk of it getting into the house sounds good to me but on the other hand I'm still not 100% sold on there not being some issue lurking further down the line.

Soldato
If your going down that road are you saying this becuase you not got anything else to say so you resort to this type of comment?. If we was face to face would you be be shouting, swearing, and threatening because you had nothing else to say?. Which happened to me and many others and as said bans etc.
No, I’d be giggling away if you come across in real life how you do on here.

I’m not shouting, swearing or threatening - where on earth did you pull that from?

My point stands - the points you make and the standard of your spelling / grammar illustrates my point perfectly

Man of Honour
How can there be long term issues when the vaccine gets destroyed by the body within days?

Or do you think the immune system being primed by the spike will somehow have long term effects?

Doesn't all medication have side effects and everyone is different so who knows how it impacts billions of data points?

I'm not suggesting a 5G conspiracy or anything daft but can't help but feel nervous about drugs in general, not just this. I'm not suggesting it is going to give a second head or 3rd foot. But I'm the sort that doesn't even take paracetamol or ibuprofen! :o

Last edited:
Associate
Doesn't all medication have side effects and everyone is different so who knows how it impacts billions of data points?

I'm not suggesting a 5G conspiracy or anything daft but can't help but feel nervous about drugs in general, not just this. I'm not suggesting it is going to give a second head or 3rd foot. But I'm the sort that doesn't even take paracetamol or ibuprofen! :o
In life have you had the mmr jab (unsure of age), tb/Tetanus jab, polio inoculation as a kid?
Holiday jabs if going to egypt etc?

Last edited:
Don
In life have you had the mmr jab (unsure of age), tb/Tetanus jab, polio inoculation as a kid?
Not all vaccines are equal in their risks and benefits.

For example:

Measles vaccines have long been known to offer more than just protection to measles, but couldn't be explained until recently.

Man of Honour
Diagnosis - not drinking enough :D

Haha! I don't drink these days.

I had my childhood vaccinations but didn't need a BCG booster I think they way they did it in France was different. However those weren't all that new I'm sure there was nervousness when they were first rolled out?

Of course I take them doesn't stop me being nervous about them. I took malaria tablets and honestly felt a bit gross but not as gross as if I had malaria of course!

I just avoid taking things if I can avoid it. I know they're probably 99.9% safe. However I'm still a little nervous about this vaccine but that's just because it's still early days. It's normal to be a little nervous about new things no?

Soldato
No, I’d be giggling away if you come across in real life how you do on here.

I’m not shouting, swearing or threatening - where on earth did you pull that from?

My point stands - the points you make and the standard of your spelling / grammar illustrates my point perfectly
It's pathetic that you choose to call out someone for grammar. What a lame way for you to try and elevate yourself above others.

You come across as the loser in this exchange.

Soldato
Haha! I don't drink these days.

I had my childhood vaccinations but didn't need a BCG booster I think they way they did it in France was different. However those weren't all that new I'm sure there was nervousness when they were first rolled out?

Of course I take them doesn't stop me being nervous about them. I took malaria tablets and honestly felt a bit gross but not as gross as if I had malaria of course!

I just avoid taking things if I can avoid it. I know they're probably 99.9% safe. However I'm still a little nervous about this vaccine but that's just because it's still early days. It's normal to be a little nervous about new things no?

Supposedly you're not allowed to question anything. You're meant to just follow the masses then try to belittle anyone who might hold a different opinion to you. Don't ya just love the division.

Man of Honour
Supposedly you're not allowed to question anything. You're meant to just follow the masses then try to belittle anyone who might hold a different opinion to you. Don't ya just love the division.

Well this is where in the original forum that was set up for this I ended up having a bit of a ding dong with people. Whilst I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theories, I was very much on the fence so to speak and very much anti lockdowns and the erosion of society and vehemently against the media brainwashing and the government lies.

That didn't stop me taking the vaccine but it was for selfish reasons, i.e. being able to travel. However I still questioned everything that was spun to us by the media and the government, and I'm afraid I didn't buy into it all. I spent time discussing with various friends and experts and made up my own mind.

Unfortunately at the time it was either or. You couldn't be on the fence or question any of the validity of the statements made so I guess I was a fringe individual to many that didn't jump on the bandwagon as wilfully as the majority.

Anyway let's not dig up the past, we've got more urgent things to worry about these days!

Last edited:
Soldato
Well this is where in the original forum that was set up for this I ended up having a bit of a ding dong with people. Whilst I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theories, I was very much on the fence so to speak and very much anti lockdowns and the erosion of society and vehemently against the media brainwashing and the government lies.

That didn't stop me taking the vaccine but it was for selfish reasons, i.e. being able to travel. However I still questioned everything that was spun to us by the media and the government, and I'm afraid I didn't buy into it all. I spent time discussing with various friends and experts and made up my own mind.

Anyway let's not dig up the past, we've got more urgent things to worry about these days!
People just disregard everything that might be contrary to their own belief and just say 'conspiracy theory' to anything.

There's nothing wrong with questioning. The narrative has changed massively since the start of all this and I personally feel the whole point of science is to question things, run numbers, compare research, explain findings, offer alternatives etc. Instead it's all very much 'my way is right, everyone else is dumb and wrong'.

No harm in questioning things, wondering if there is hidden agendas, benefits to compliance etc.

Things were presented in an often confusing manner and we get treated like we should just go along with everything like children holding parents hands.

Man of Honour
People just disregard everything that might be contrary to their own belief and just say 'conspiracy theory' to anything.

There's nothing wrong with questioning. The narrative has changed massively since the start of all this and I personally feel the whole point of science is to question things, run numbers, compare research, explain findings, offer alternatives etc. Instead it's all very much 'my way is right, everyone else is dumb and wrong'.

No harm in questioning things, wondering if there is hidden agendas, benefits to compliance etc.

Things were presented in an often confusing manner and we get treated like we should just go along with everything like children holding parents hands.

I'm just an awkward person that needs to be explained something in a variety of ways for me to understand it... But if I don't understand it, it's either because I'm too stupid (often the case) or the person explaining either doesn't know enough to explain it simply or is a bad teacher.

And therein lies the problem. Some people won't question anything, some will, and suddenly you're at an impasse even though it's likely you hold the same values and ideas but you interpret them differently.

Associate

I got shouted at swore at and name called. All i said was i dont believe the truth they are telling us. Although ive heard in convo people saying those not been jabbed are really selfish and its there fault its like this and not moved on etc. I thought i did prety well and kept out of convo and moved on.

Back
Top Bottom