COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

I never said I have no access to stats, I can't be bothered to look them up for a sad conspiracy theorist with an IQ of 147 who is in the top 1% of earners in the country.
I also never said I'm better than you, I'm just not a tin foil hatter.
You really are a sad excuse for a man.
You would still get on a plane tomorrow if you were C19 positive as you stated. Time to hand that covid medal of honour back don't ya think :cry:

You would still get on a plane tomorrow if you were C19 positive as you stated. Time to hand that covid medal of honour back don't ya think :cry:

With a mask on, since no one else is bothered about it now why should I?
If I'm allowed to come into hospital with covid symptoms I see no reason why not to get on a plane.
Rules have massively changed since 2020/2021 but you already know that.
When the rules change I will follow like a sheep.

Last edited:
With a mask on, since no one else is bothered about it now why should I?
If I'm allowed to come into hospital with covid symptoms I see no reason why not to get on a plane.
Rules have massively changed since 2020/2021 but you already know that.
When the rules change I will follow like a sheep.
That isn't what you said though, is it? You said you'd happily board a plane if you had tested positive.
If I tested positive I would still go because there's no rules about it now.

There is a big difference between having covid symptoms and testing positive for covid. If you are allowed into hospital having tested positive for covid that would surprise me.
I certainly could not board a plane with a clear conscience having tested positive knowing that i'd be putting all the passengers and staff at risk.

That isn't what you said though, is it? You said you'd happily board a plane if you had tested positive.

There is a big difference between having covid symptoms and testing positive for covid. If you are allowed into hospital having tested positive for covid that would surprise me.
I certainly could not board a plane with a clear conscience having tested positive knowing that i'd be putting all the passengers and staff at risk.

I didn't say the word 'happily', you added that, you even quoted me :)

SexyGreyFox said:
If I tested positive I would still go because there's no rules about it now.

He has no moral compass he'll lay his hat on, but will fall into line with whatever rules he is presented with. No wonder the sheep analogy reigns supreme.

Last edited:
He has no moral compass he'll lay his hat on, but will fall into line with whatever rules he is presented with. No wonder the sheep analogy reigns supreme.
Wouldn't it be wiser that instead of having arguments on a forum with a random person that you go and look into the on-going research papers on covid and long covid that shows evidence, with pictures that covid takes years to leave the body, as well as evidence of organ damage in some people?

I've never seen so many people have this much lasting damage from a cold or a flu.

If you think this is only down to the vaccine, then focus on the "first wavers" that were infected before vaccines became available.

It is healthy to be skeptical. I was like that too. I thought a weak virus was being used as an excuse to control the population, and hospital workers dancing around also suggested it wasn't as serious as we were being told.

But I kept looking into the subject and the people who actually had it. It might not be killing people these days. But it is gradually disabling them.

I believe covid is a genetic weapon. I'm not sure if it was deliberate or accidentally released. But we're dealing with the effects on society. I moved my mind set from skeptical to be wary of it.

People had a choice with the vaccine. We have no choice in if we get infected or not. We can only attempt to mitigate it.

No
No
No.
If you want to lock yourself away then have at it, just don’t expect the rest of us to.
I said lockdown light so it wouldn't be as authoritarian as a full lockdown.

I consider covid to be an ongoing threat to the country and economy. So at the very least I'd want businesses to enforce mask rules for in door interactions. If you don't want to wear a mask then order online.

I would look to find ways of improving ventilation in public buildings.

I wouldn't restrict people going outside, or set some social distance measurement.

The only thing I'd like to see in that respect is better provision for sickness involving COVID to try and reduce spread as much as possible though a little difficult to do without leaving it ripe for the unfortunate abuse which will happen :( and sometimes people are infectious for 1-2 days before symptoms.

Interestingly we've twice had people come into work within the last couple of weeks with confirmed COVID and spend 2-4 hours around people! (one was eventually sent home as they were clearly too unwell to be at work), with symptoms, without it spreading - I'm guessing people largely have immunity from what seems to have been two waves of it a few weeks back and a few weeks before that.

I'm moderately in agreement with Bowdon though in respect that I think the underlying impact of COVID is being massively ignored/overlooked and is coming at both a personal and to a slight degree economic cost - I can't really say whether in the longer run it will grow into a bigger economic cost but definitely over time it will moderately increase the burden on the health services.

100%, I will follow the advice of my peers and not somebody who has an IQ of 147 and thinks he knows it all and more than the professionals.
As soon as the advice comes out I'll follow it, that's my moral compass.
I don't mind being a sheep when the experts (and not Salami and Maschio on You Tube) tell me to do something.

I'm moderately in agreement with Bowdon though in respect that I think the underlying impact of COVID is being massively ignored/overlooked and is coming at both a personal and to a slight degree economic cost - I can't really say whether in the longer run it will grow into a bigger economic cost but definitely over time it will moderately increase the burden on the health services.
Its alright, we have the NHS to take up the slack and look after us all. Oh wait...

100%, I will follow the advice of my peers and not somebody who has an IQ of 147 and thinks he knows it all and more than the professionals.
As soon as the advice comes out I'll follow it, that's my moral compass.
I don't mind being a sheep when the experts (and not Salami and Maschio on You Tube) tell me to do something.

The trouble is when competing advice comes from various respectable peers. For example Sweden, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea and others looked at the same overall data and chose a different strategy which was successful for them (all had a fatality rate less than 1/10th of ours), so the simple request to "follow the science" isn't as universal as people would imagine. Would we have had a much lower fatality rate (2.88%) if we'd followed Japan's advice, as their fatality rate was just 0.22%?

It also brings in other questions - did they measure this rate differently which might skew the figures, did their culture help, did health services have a better system in place etc? All these things eventually add up to the general response of "follow advice" not necessarily being correct all the time for everyone. Some understood that, some were just as dumb as you'd imagine and wouldn't follow any advice no matter what, some looked at advice from around the world to decide what would be best for them in their situation and others demanded utter obedience to a set of arbitrary rules no matter what - it's only with hindsight that we can see which of those was the better path for each person to pick.

Last edited:
The trouble is when competing advice comes from various respectable peers. For example Sweden, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea and others looked at the same overall data and chose a different strategy which was successful for them (all had a fatality rate less than 1/10th of ours), so the simple request to "follow the science" isn't as universal as people would imagine. Would we have had a much lower fatality rate (2.88%) if we'd followed Japan's advice, as their fatality rate was just 0.22%?

It also brings in other questions - did they measure this rate differently which might skew the figures, did their culture help, did health services have a better system in place etc? All these things eventually add up to the general response of "follow advice" not necessarily being correct all the time for everyone. Some understood that, some were just as dumb as you'd imagine and wouldn't follow any advice no matter what, some looked at advice from around the world to decide what would be best for them in their situation and others demanded utter obedience to a set of arbitrary rules no matter what - it's only with hindsight that we can see which of those was the better path for each person to pick.

You most certainly have a point but if the advice to do something comes from our peers in the Country I'm living in then I won't be an idiot and not follow it.
That's where my moral compass lies.
If I'm told to wear a mask in shops from tomorrow I will do it because it really isn't a problem.

I keep repeating this but if I hadn't worked in the job I work in I'd probably be a conspiracy theorist about Covid.

Last edited:
Is there a new wave going about? Got sent home from office last week because of a covid breakout, I thought this all moved on by now.

We've had it sporadically at work - usually gets about 1/3rd of staff at a time, most people with mild to very mild symptoms now the odd person aside who gets the full works for some reason without much seeming rhyme or reason.

Back
Top Bottom