COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Do your guys still test? Or do they guess it's covid? We have quite a toxic leadership team at the moment and they don't care if you're feeling unwell and coming into the office. :(

No one much is regularly testing any more. Sometimes it is almost certainly COVID when someone properly loses sense of smell and/or taste.

My partner still hasn't got her sense of smell back yet from what we suspected was a bout of Covid in early July

Takes about 8 weeks IIRC if it is nerve receptor damage (i.e. what happens when you lose sense of smell with COVID without nasal congestion), was a full 3 months for me to fully get my sense of smell back from the first time I had COVID, fortunately didn't lose it again the second time.

Last edited:
First case outside Africa.
Sweden's public health agency has recorded what it says is the first case of a more dangerous variant of mpox outside the African continent.

Hopefully, cases don't rise and outside of Africa the exposure is minimal and it goes away for all.

Do not want this causing another pandemic. This is scarier than COVID. :(

Anyone still get bothered by those classing every death as a result of the vaccine?

Got to find a new hairdressers, was talking to my current one about the death of my father, their questions began with "how did he die" and ended with "did he have the vaccine?"
I didnt answer for ten seconds but when I said yes, she tried to begin saying about vaccines being dangerous etc.

I told her to STFU as she had zero context of my dad, his medical history or anything to judge. She just wanted something to latch on to her nonsense theory she read online.

Not to mention you are a hairdresser, stay in your lane, I am not coming to you for medical advise funny enough.

People, learn some manners and respect.

Now to decide to leave a savage review or not.

Anyone still get bothered by those classing every death as a result of the vaccine?

Got to find a new hairdressers, was talking to my current one about the death of my father, their questions began with "how did he die" and ended with "did he have the vaccine?"
I didnt answer for ten seconds but when I said yes, she tried to begin saying about vaccines being dangerous etc.

I told her to STFU as she had zero context of my dad, his medical history or anything to judge. She just wanted something to latch on to her nonsense theory she read online.

Not to mention you are a hairdresser, stay in your lane, I am not coming to you for medical advise funny enough.

I go to a Polish girl for my haircut. She hates small talk, it's complete bliss :)

Last edited:

Manners, oh the irony.

I wouldn't immediately discount what a hairdresser/barber says. She will converse with hundreds of people weekly and form opinions based on what she's heard. I'd go so far as to say that speaking to hairdressers is like a windsock for the general public's feelings.

Whether it applied to your Dad is another story - and sorry for your loss.

Yes, but it won’t (or isn’t) stopping the media etc from doing their best to scare the crap out of people, and boy do they excel at doing that.

The replies :cry:

According to the NHS, the risk of catching it is low and if you do catch it the symptoms usually clear within a few weeks. The few cases detected so far have been mainly confined to the male gay community. Can't find any reports of death from it so far.

First case outside Africa.

Hopefully, cases don't rise and outside of Africa the exposure is minimal and it goes away for all.

Do not want this causing another pandemic. This is scarier than COVID. :(

Why "scarier than Covid" ?

Harder for the general public to catch seemingly and there is an existing and very effective vaccine for it.

Dont fall for the usual media scaremongering.

It's not as scary obviously...

Covid was novel, this isn't really
You couldn't see who had Covid, this is pretty obvious from what I've seen in the press
It took a while to understand how Covid transmitted, with this you have to rub skins with others

Looks rank though.

I've seen several stories where the headlines start something like "23 year old has died" etc and idiots who don't read the rest of the story reply with "I bet he had the vaxx" etc.
Dude, he died in a car crash hitting a tree.

Back
Top Bottom