COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Man of Honour

From his accent, probably a central belt hospital, but this is also supported by the stats I posted a few weeks back for NHS Grampian showing ARI was half empty as well.

It was common knowledge that at least half of the hospital wards were closed down, for example anything to do with elective surgery or treatments that weren't serious were stopped and my operation was cancelled twice.
The problem was that so many staff were off sick that the staff from those Wards had to go and work in the Covid Wards and I had a right earful from staff complaining.
It got that bad that I also had to vacate my nice place of safety to go and work on a Covid ward so yes we were overrun if I had to go and sit on a Ward Reception desk.
So absolutely 100% we were half empty, maybe more.

Last edited:
Associate
It was common knowledge that at least half of the hospital wards were closed down, for example anything to do with elective surgery or treatments that weren't serious were stopped and my operation was cancelled twice.
The problem was that so many staff were off sick that the staff from those Wards had to go and work in the Covid Wards and I had a right earful from staff complaining.
It got that bad that I also had to vacate my nice place of safety to go and work on a Covid ward so yes we were overrun if I had to go and sit on a Ward Reception desk.
And I bet none of that would have been filmed

Don

Yeah, they stopped treating the elderly up here as well, even the non-elective stuff. Pretty much were actually trying to off them instead with the abuse of DNR orders and overuse of pain drugs. Scottish Police are now investigating some 6000 covid care home deaths now for criminality.

Those involved in their medical care have been trying to block any scrutiny into their actions for years.

Commissario
In my hospital you can go through up to 3 doors before you see a patient in a bed, @Malevolence can back this up, but people like Salami watching Louise Hampton's videos took it all in :)
Something I commented on to my brother a few weeks back when my dad was admitted and we finally headed out at nearly midnight "it's eerie, no one around" as we walked pretty much the entire length of the hospital to get to the exit we knew was open and near where we'd parked up
I think I only saw about 2 people that entire 5 minute walk, and when I was with my dad as he was transferred between units there was no one but myself, my father and the porter as we walked for several minutes having a chat about when it was literally fields (the hospital used to have a car boot where several of it's main buildings are now).

The same sort of thing has happened several times when my dad's been admitted and I've started to head home late, the A&E might be rammed, there might be people in the corridor outside A&E but turn a corner and you might only see a porter in the distance.

It actually reminded me of a reoccurring nightmare I used to have about Stoke Mandeville hospital (used to have a corridor that ran for probably half a kilometre or more from one side of the side to the other*) with various doors/bends, and I had nightmares of being chased by daleks (IIRC my mum was in for an op and about as far from the car park as it was possible to get, so we would walk that route every day or two).

Hospitals tend to be oddly quiet places once you get of an open ward, with entire buildings shutting down at night except for maybe the cleaners and a skeleton emergency crew, for example go to my local hospital's imaging area during appointment times and it's usually got a dozen or more people waiting, half a dozen staff visible and people in and out, go with a broken foot at 3am in the morning and the only person you will see might be the one x-ray tech on duty and no one waiting.
I suspect a lot of people simply don't get this, as they're either never been in a hospital out of hours moving under their own steam (IE finding out someone has moved from one end of the hospital where you'd parked to the other so you're using the corridors rather than the nearest entrance), or have never been past A&E out of hours.

*Back before they sold of most of the land and were using 40's era wooden wards and this corridor was literally the backbone for the hospital at the time as the only "interior" way to get people between various wards without using transport, it also carried all the comms and a bunch of power lines (so there were sections, especially if a ceiling tile was missing/pushed aside where it really did look like something from a sci-fi horror or a Dr Who dalek episode).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
and when I was with my dad as he was transferred between units there was no one but myself, my father and the porter as we walked for several minutes having a chat about when it was literally fields (the hospital used to have a car boot where several of it's main buildings are now).

and if anything like our hospital your Dad was transferred out a full ward because somebody needed that bed and into the new ward where somebody had probably just been discharged.
This is now and you can see what appears to be empty hospitals but back then people like Salami were fooled by the rogue video makers - "Oh look a corridor with nobody in it" :)
I haven't spoke to a Brother in Law since he started to share the empty hospital videos in late 2020.

Commissario
and if anything like our hospital your Dad was transferred out a full ward because somebody needed that bed and into the new ward where somebody had probably just been discharged.
This is now and you can see what appears to be empty hospitals but back then people like Salami were fooled by the rogue video makers - "Oh look a corridor with nobody in it" :)
I haven't spoke to a Brother in Law since he started to share the empty hospital videos in late 2020.
Yup

He was moved (after a week) from what I think is the general incoming ward to the cardiac ward*, then a few days later to a third one :)

It honestly is weird how you can around a hospital (even on a week day) and the moment you turn some corners it can go from busy to dead as you move away from the areas where outpatients and the incoming emergencies group up to the routes that connect different departments.
Even waiting to be let into a ward I knew was occupied I didn't see anyone in the corridor for several minutes until a nurse let me in, and that was during visiting hours outside a ward that held something like 40 patients and I know had 10-12 staff in it (with another similar ward on the other side of the corridor).

*Which on the information boards the hospital seems to have in each ward with info for the patients and about the staff there was a very reassuring list of "staff concerns" and at the top of it was "aging cardiac monitors" :eek:

UTT

UTT

Associate
Soldato
I wish the diagnostic tests and early treatments would appear soon for long covid.

I've wrote messages to 3 people on different platforms considering to end themselves.

What as become obvious to me is there are countries far worse off than us and the NHS.

2 of the 3 people are American. There is no safety net for them health wise, and they can't afford to work, pay rent, or even pay for tests.

Some are on the streets, some are locked up in secure hospitals.

All kinds of previously healthy looking professional people pre-covid. Now reduced to being bedbound and sometimes relying on their parents to keep out of hospital and off the streets, were they would immediately die.

I hope treatments start coming out this year. Because if this is permanent, and more people each year become ill were talking a major national/international scandal that will eventually cease the economy to be able to work properly.

Soldato
I wish the diagnostic tests and early treatments would appear soon for long covid.

I've wrote messages to 3 people on different platforms considering to end themselves.

What as become obvious to me is there are countries far worse off than us and the NHS.

2 of the 3 people are American. There is no safety net for them health wise, and they can't afford to work, pay rent, or even pay for tests.

Some are on the streets, some are locked up in secure hospitals.

All kinds of previously healthy looking professional people pre-covid. Now reduced to being bedbound and sometimes relying on their parents to keep out of hospital and off the streets, were they would immediately die.

I hope treatments start coming out this year. Because if this is permanent, and more people each year become ill were talking a major national/international scandal that will eventually cease the economy to be able to work properly.
Don’t be silly, they’re just imagining it, ask some salami experts here.

But to be serious, it’s awful. We know a girl who’s completely bed bound because of long covid. She can’t do anything. Everything is extremely difficult and she’s struggling massively. There’s currently nothing that helps with it, from what she has tried or got prescribed by doctors sadly :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Don’t be silly, they’re just imagining it, ask some salami experts here.

But to be serious, it’s awful. We know a girl who’s completely bed bound because of long covid. She can’t do anything. Everything is extremely difficult and she’s struggling massively. There’s currently nothing that helps with it, from what she has tried or got prescribed by doctors sadly :(

I've told this before but my Brother in Law is a Salami and I haven't spoken to him since around Boxing Day 2020 when he was posting Covid isn't real and hospitals are empty videos.
The problem was his wife's best mate and Chief Bridesmaid was dying in ICU on Christmas Eve and had our hospitals Vicar praying for her.
She survived but is now in a similar condition to Bowden while her best mate's husband is basically calling her a liar.

Soldato
I've told this before but my Brother in Law is a Salami and I haven't spoken to him since around Boxing Day 2020 when he was posting Covid isn't real and hospitals are empty videos.
The problem was his wife's best mate and Chief Bridesmaid was dying in ICU on Christmas Eve and had our hospitals Vicar praying for her.
She survived but is now in a similar condition to Bowden while her best mate's husband is basically calling her a liar.
Sadly there is a lot of this happening.

The post that prompted me to write today was about a woman whose partner is leaving her because he doesn't want to financially support her (even though he's from a wealthy family), and because she can't work she's having to move back in with her parents. But the worst about that is her father abused her when she was young. So it's a very difficult situation for her.

There are numerous stories of parents acting like their sons and daughters are lying or being a hypochondriac.

I'm hoping once treatments start appearing that there will be a long covid fund started so everyone can get the treatment they deserve.

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom