• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 performance

my system is no way well cooled enough to play this for more than an hour at max settings, the heat coming off my pc at the moment after approx 60 mins play is absurd.

I need some more case fans this corsair 600t case is very bad for airflow, there doesnt seem to be anywhere decent at the back of it for the 7970 gfx card to exhaust heat?

My system was in the high 50s on speedfan running this lol.

Sorry bud, I wasn't referring to the 3 GPU boys when I said that just some people are ****ed they cant max it and blame optimization.

No problems, I have posted a rant on the aptly named rage3d forum.

This crysis 3 is supposed to be an Amd title, you would have thought the devs would engage their brains :)

This game is not a beast, it runs on xbox 360 7 years old hardware.

It is easy to allow users to change the game config to make the game unplayable. There won't be great visual improvement though. You only get a real visual improvement with a new engine, new game, new technology. Not by cranking up settings. That on;y makes minor cosmetic difference.

You talk MUCK

Xbox 360 = Direct X 9
PC = Direct X 11

Xbox's version is scaled down!

+1.

That chap was a bit slow lol

lol i think he was sniffin glue

On another note, I used the Nvidia Experience tool and optimised the game.
Runs on 55-60 Fps on single player and 60fps on MP
Good enough for me. Everything up very high except shaders and shadows which are on high. 1x SMAA. Game looks great.
Also set the game to Adaptive V-Sync in the nvidia control panel for the games profile.

system:
i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz (antec kuhler 920)
Asus P8Z77 V Pro
16GB Corsair Vengeance
KFA GTX 670

Last edited:
Considering the age of the hardware in the 360 it does quite well. It's not hugely different from the pc and less noticeable if sat on a sofa a few feet from the tv.

No doubt the PC version is better but considering the xbox is using 7 year old hardware it's mighty impressive how it runs and looks. Far more impressive than the stupid amount of pc grunt required to run the game at it's best.

from what I have seen the consoles hold up ok with visuals but from reviews what that have in looks is well outweighed by the fact the frame rate drops make it almost unplayable in some areas...

I agree that the 360 does a pretty good job for its old age. But because of its DX9 limitations. It can never be as good as PC. Maybe the Xbox 2013 will be better!
Its a matter of: Do I buy the new Xbox at around £500, or do I purchase another GFX card for SLI lol
I think 2nd GFX card is the answer

Last edited:
That into account the fact that IQ drops from the PC version due to compression from the capturing device and YouTube. It always helps the consoles in such comparison between PC and console.

I agree that the 360 does a pretty good job for its old age. But because of its DX9 limitations. It can never be as good as PC. Maybe the Xbox 2013 will be better!
Its a matter of: Do I buy the new Xbox at around £500, or do I purchase another GFX card for SLI lol
I think 2nd GFX card is the answer

Get the PS4 when it arrives as well as the extra card :)

lol i think he was sniffin glue

On another note, I used the Nvidia Experience tool and optimised the game.
Runs on 55-60 Fps on single player and 60fps on MP
Good enough for me. Everything up very high except shaders and shadows which are on high. 1x SMAA. Game looks great.
Also set the game to Adaptive V-Sync in the nvidia control panel for the games profile.

system:
i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz (antec kuhler 920)
Asus P8Z77 V Pro
16GB Corsair Vengeance
KFA GTX 670

Yeah using those settings now too, runs smooth as silk! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom