• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 performance

Caporegime
Good thing I ditched my Core i3 2100 a while back. Crysis3 shows how weak they will be with new engines,so I still don't understand why people think are fantastic?? People were having a go at me for recommending a FX6300 over a Core i3,despite me having had experience with both in newer games.

The FX6300 is even matching a Core i5 too.

Because one is called Intel and the Other AMD, and its a CPU.

A lot of people are conditioned to think Intel = always win and can do anything, AMD = always loose and can do nothing.

Which is fine, those with their independent minds intact can save themselves a lot of money on a very fast CPU.

Looking at these slides, i'm reconsidering not getting AMD CPU solution this round, with Steamroller still a year off...

Close to £100 cheaper than an i7 3770K and marginally faster, if more games start taking advantage of this architecture, the more its some serious win.

Soldato
Good to see a properly multi-thread optimised engine at work. ALL CPUs benefit from this, not just AMDs. :) More GE titles please.

SOE and Bethesda (and possibly others) please take note!

Last edited:
Associate
This game is not a beast, it runs on xbox 360 7 years old hardware.

It is easy to allow users to change the game config to make the game unplayable. There won't be great visual improvement though. You only get a real visual improvement with a new engine, new game, new technology. Not by cranking up settings. That on;y makes minor cosmetic difference.

lol

Xbox games are optimized for the hardware, therefore the graphics, physics and particles are greatly reduced.

Soldato
So true Tommy. Maybe they're finally getting their act together in that regard.

I hope so, it looks like the Gaming Evolved program is reaping rewards and started making some headway, not only in the gpu dept, but looking like the cpu dept too.

They just need to keep up with it and not let it dwindle, like they usually do.

What settings can I expect to run on my 4.3ghz 2500k and GTX480? This is at 1920x1200.

Won't the Nvidia configathingamyjigadooda tell you what you want to know? :)

Caporegime
It's amazing what can happen when you actually engage with the devs.;)

It also means that when properly optimised AMD have not actually gone backwards in the CPU department, look at the yawning gap between the FX-8350 and thie old P-II x6 dragging up the rear, its a 35% performance difference

Having said that, Bulldozer, is still looking rather sorry for its self, Piledriver; what a way to fix it.

Can't wait to see what Steamroller does.

Associate
Still waiting for the crysis 3 code to come in my email , i got the email Congratulations on the purchase of your AMD product weeks ago from reloaded bundle.

do People in the UK have to wait longer ?
the games is out in the shops in the uk

Associate
I already feel like a Nah - Duh!!
Trouble is get so many emails ,a lot of its just junk , & now i tend to just click on them with out reading the title of the email ..like in this case was ...

Subject: AMD Gaming Evolved Never Settle Reloaded - Game Keys ( reference rid:

Back
Top Bottom