• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 performance

J.D

J.D

Soldato
I already feel like a Nah - Duh!!
Trouble is get so many emails ,a lot of its just junk , & now i tend to just click on them with out reading the title of the email ..like in this case was ...

Subject: AMD Gaming Evolved Never Settle Reloaded - Game Keys ( reference rid:

lol - Well I hope that you realise that summarising can sometimes be financially draining. :D

It's easy done though, I'm glad you've got it sorted without trouble. I hope you enjoy Crysis 3, it looks amazing.

Associate
Ok now gave the game a quick go , i got all graphics on full all but Anti Aliasing , i keep that on 1x SMAA Anti-aliasing. otherwise very low fps like 19 to 25fps

getting 55fps and up with it at 1x smaa

Last edited:
Soldato
Crysis 3
Vsync on 120fps it drops down to a low of 55fps in the jungle level and in cut scenes
Vsync off is a little better still drops down though
1st 680 is @ 1306mhz, 2nd 680 is @ 1267
Nvidia drivers 314.07
Have'nt tried it on the dell yet

The geforce experience settings
AF x16
1xSMAA low
everything else very high apart from shading is high this is on the benq monitor @ 1920x1080 120hz

Last edited:
Associate
I'm getting "Crysis 3 stopped responding" with temps on one GPU going above 70c whilst the other is 20c lower...(SLI seems to be 100% now though). I also noticed that my CPU usage was at a constant 100% whilst playing the game, so overclocked another 200MHz (not stable prime95) and the usage came down and increased fps by a small amount, but not enough to warrant screwing up my CPU.

The game is basically really hurting my GPU's and CPU... I'm a bit worried:( I'm guessing the GPU over heating is creating the crash to desktop? BTW - I set the vsync to adaptive in the menu which also helped with performance. I'm getting more screen tearing, but fps is now between 50-60fps, until it crashes that is:(

Lastly, I think this is a 2600k, 2500, 2700 problem... I see people with the new Intel CPU's not having any crashes or heat problems from what I can gather? Can you guy's please check your CPU/GPU usage/temps and post here please!

Edit - please post here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=23812033#post23812033

Thanks
Spike

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm getting "Crysis 3 stopped responding" with temps on one GPU going above 70c whilst the other is 20c lower...(SLI seems to be 100% now though). I also noticed that my CPU usage was at a constant 100% whilst playing the game, so overclocked another 200MHz (not stable prime95) and the usage came down and increased fps by a small amount, but not enough to warrant screwing up my CPU.

The game is basically really hurting my GPU's and CPU... I'm a bit worried:( I'm guessing the GPU over heating is creating the crash to desktop? BTW - I set the vsync to adaptive in the menu which also helped with performance. I'm getting more screen tearing, but fps is now between 50-60fps, until it crashes that is:(

If it crashes, your overclocks are not stable and Crysis 3 is exposing that.

Soldato

Lastly, I think this is a 2600k, 2500, 2700 problem... I see people with the new Intel CPU's not having any crashes or heat problems from what I can gather? Can you guy's please check your CPU/GPU usage/temps and post here please!

Edit - please post here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=23812033#post23812033

Thanks
Spike

It's cooking the crap out of everything, get some mega cooling or turn everything right down

Soldato
Runs like a dog on my 7950 @ 1100/1600 and 2500k @ 4.8ghz @ 2560x1440. Lots of slowdown. Even adjusting the settings only helps so much. Dropping to 1080p makes it better.

Another poorly optimised piece of crud but aren't they all now.

Associate
It's cooking the crap out of everything & its winter & very cold right now , just think what it be like in the summer, 10 to 14 c higher temps or worse
Crysis 3 (Heater Hunter Edition)

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you expect high fps on a 7950@2560x1440 with Cryengine3?

Can you elaborate on runs like a dog, Moogley?

I expected it to be playable crysis 2 with the DX11 and high texture mods runs ok and Crysis 3 looks no better.

Running 2560x1440 it really lags and there is a lot of very noticeable slowdown. The first level in the Rain is really bad.

I have just installed my 7970 and have it running crossfire with my 7950 and tbh it still at 2560x1440 does not run very well. It's better but not massively.

Associate
Check that dof and bokeh is working for you all.

It's seems that very high post processing is broken like Crysis 2 was.

Post processing on high seems to fix it.

Also, this game doesn't like overclocking software running at all. I have to disable precision went booting the game and then enabling it afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom