CRZ Supercharged * 2020 revival *

An ST is warm hatch just like a CRZ.

It's not like adding a supercharger turns a CRZ into a saloon. It's still a hatchback so hardly a class change

Is an ST a hot hatch? This may be argued but I don't think it is. Therefore it's a warm hatch.

What class do you think a CRZ is in ? I'd peg it with a corolla T sport ;)

It really depends on your view point.

Take your F10 for example. I saw at least 3 on the M6 this morning. An F10 owner is not looking for uniqueness, so to them it will serve no purpose. I know they are great cars and as a result are common. Yet I would not enjoy owning one for that same reason.

I love the looks my car gets and the interest it generates. Just look at this thread for example.

It's this uniqueness that keeps me interested in my vehicle and my passion for cars.

My car is already unique, putting a supercharger on it will not change that perception for 99% of people as it is not something different you can physically see from the exterior of the car. But for me, it will mean it's looks can now match it's grunt.

I had a great moment yesterday on the way home, with a father(I presum) and son(again I presume, who looked around 8 or 9) when I was stuck in traffic. They were in a DB9, private plate etc and the son was looking an pointing at my car, to which I can only assume he was saying so0me along the lines "look dad/uncle/stepdad at that car!". That was pretty good knowing that someone can be in an Aston Martin and yet give the little CRZ that "head turning" attention.

A FN2 type R wouldn't manage that(which is the closest thing to an SC CRZ) and Im pretty sure a 5 Series wouldn't either.

So what you're saying is.........

ekOuyHw.jpg

Is an ST a hot hatch? This may be argued but I don't think it is. Therefore it's a warm hatch.

What class do you think a CRZ is in ? I'd peg it with a corolla T sport ;)

I see, i think you're giving the crz far too much credit there but you're entitled to your opinion even if it is utterly misinformed

Is an ST a hot hatch? This may be argued but I don't think it is. )

How is it not?

Please give examples of cars that you think are "hot hatches" then?

It's definitely more than just a "warm" hatch; A warm hatch is one that I would describe as "sporty", i.e. offering tweaked suspension and wheels/tyres for better handling/feel/grip, maybe with a slightly breathed-on version of a standard engine, but not necessarily offering much higher levels of performance than lesser models.

The Focus ST is more than that. It's significantly more powerful than any other Focus for a start.

Its like comparing a focus st to a swift sport, a crz is maybe comparable to a swift sport by the skin of its teeth but its certainly not comparable to a focus st, hope that wasn't too hostile for you nath im just sayin

How is it not?

Please give examples of cars that you think are "hot hatches" then?

It's definitely more than just a "warm" hatch; A warm hatch is one that I would describe as "sporty", i.e. offering tweaked suspension and wheels/tyres for better handling/feel/grip, maybe with a slightly breathed-on version of a standard engine, but not necessarily offering much higher levels of performance than lesser models.

The Focus ST is more than that. It's significantly more powerful than any other Focus for a start.

But significantly less than the RS. The ST has 220hp but weight 1425kg -it has bigger wheels than a focus and a standard volvo engine.

I was only commenting on how someone said it was interesting you can move a cars class by modifying it. I just though of the ST being warm until remapped as an analogy - surprised this subtley was lost and people starting going off topic, relentlessly in some cases.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom