• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

I've seen this problem before somewhere recently, dammed if I can remember what the fix was though

A quick google of the problem suggests anti virus and overheating cpu.. So you have any other gpu programs running? Afterburner or similar?

Just running Windows Defender rather than any main AV, no other main apps loaded. Just fired up HWMonitor to check temps, looks like the 5600x CPU peaked at 76C (it is just the stock cooler), and the GPU 67C with fan max of 1272rpm

Last edited:
For those playing at 4K, does the game feel playable at 50-60 FPS? I will be playing on a 3080 with my lg CX but will only be running at 50-60 with dlss on performance. I could play on my 1440p monitor and get higher frames but this game oooks so good only an 4k OLED can do it justice IMO. I am just worried about the low FPS.

For those playing at 4K, does the game feel playable at 50-60 FPS? I will be playing on a 3080 with my lg CX but will only be running at 50-60 with dlss on performance. I could play on my 1440p monitor and get higher frames but this game oooks so good only an 4k OLED can do it justice IMO. I am just worried about the low FPS.
It feels great, your tv also has compensation for low fps that makes it feel smooth and lovely

Just got back so had a little bit of a play.....so its actually around 70-75fps mostly.....but whats odd, is it's always around the same FPS, regardless of whether the settings are set to Low no RT, or RT Ultra, the fps remains the same, just the cpu and gpu load increase a bit to compensate to keep it around that, and regardless of if DLSS is on or off

What are the power settings set to?

You either need the 'AMD Ryzen High Performance' power plan.

You can also set your pc to 1440p 120htz and still use the oled (and HDR)

What are the power settings set to?

You either need the 'AMD Ryzen High Performance' power plan.

Hi, my power plan is "High Performance" - I'll do some searching to find how to get the one called "'AMD Ryzen High Performance" to show. I have noticed it in another game too, Fallen Order, doing similar....not all games though some are maxing it out near enough as expected

Just took a look, apparently I'm meant to have the option when install the chipset drivers, but on trying to put the latest AM4 on (which was already installed) it's not an option

image.png

In the power settings themselves, I just have the usual 3, High Performance, Balanced, and Power Saver

Must admit, this is my first AMD build in around 15+ years, and it'd been a headache from the start....B550 board, had the USB ports dropping out every minute issues, to deal with (and obv not knowing this seems to be a common issue thought then the board was faulty) - Ram still wont run correctly at DOCP and will just BSOD (32GB - meant to be 3600 CL16, current running 3200, but with the timings of if it was 3600 as anything I change causes it to drop)....good old AMD.....still a world of frustration...so still awaiting hopefully another bios update to fix the ram side of things. At least the CPU is faster than the old 2500k (ocd at 4.5ghz)

Just took a look, apparently I'm meant to have the option when install the chipset drivers, but on trying to put the latest AM4 on (which was already installed) it's not an option

image.png

In the power settings themselves, I just have the usual 3, High Performance, Balanced, and Power Saver

Must admit, this is my first AMD build in around 15+ years, and it'd been a headache from the start....B550 board, had the USB ports dropping out every minute issues, to deal with (and obv not knowing this seems to be a common issue thought then the board was faulty) - Ram still wont run correctly at DOCP and will just BSOD (32GB - meant to be 3600 CL16, current running 3200, but with the timings of if it was 3600 as anything I change causes it to drop)....good old AMD.....still a world of frustration...so still awaiting hopefully another bios update to fix the ram side of things. At least the CPU is faster than the old 2500k (ocd at 4.5ghz)
The AMD 5000 CPUs don't need or have the Ryzen power plans so that's why you don't see them (they have been removed for Ryzen 5000 only for this reason, there have been improvements in the architecture which means they are no longer necessary).

The game is extremely buggy, I don't think your CPU is the problem. You are using the latest graphics driver? Could you post a 3DMark Timespy score so we can see whether your PC is performing normally?

RAM speed over 3200MHz is technically overclocking, is not guaranteed and is dependent on the quality of your specific CPU sample (silicon lottery). Which board and RAM do you have, how many sticks?

Last edited:
The AMD 5000 CPUs don't need or have the Ryzen power plans so that's why you don't see them (they have been removed for Ryzen 5000 only for this reason, there have been improvements in the architecture which means they are no longer necessary).

The game is extremely buggy, I don't think your CPU is the problem. You are using the latest graphics driver? Could you post a 3DMark Timespy score so we can see whether your PC is performing normally?

RAM speed over 3200MHz is technically overclocking, is not guaranteed and is dependent on the quality of your specific CPU sample (silicon lottery). Which board and RAM do you have, how many sticks?

Hi, I did manage to enable normal "Ultimate Performance" by running something on the command line. A quick try of that seems to be the same, maybe a bit higher on the CPU usage perhaps. I also set the nvidia profile to maximum power too for the exe

I have 2 x 16gb ram sticks in (not the best specs themselves, Patriot Viper 4 Steel Series DDR4 32GB(2 x 16GB) 3600MHz Kit, which according to the page info is (Base Timings: 15-15-15-36
Tested Timings: 18-22-22-42). Setting DOCP would give BSOD almost immediately on reaching the login screen, sometimes a few black screen flashes before it would happen if made it to the desktop. I tried to use the Typhoon Burner, but couldn't work out what on earth I was doing haha, and could not ID what kind of chips I had to be able put into the calculator....so in the end I found I could get it stable, by setting DOCP but then changing the frequency to be 3200 instead of 3600, and leaving the rest as is

image.png

The motherboard is an Asus Rog Strix B550-E Gaming, latest bios, OS is probably around 2 months from a fresh build, 3080 card installed yesterday (from a 980)

I'll set 3D Mark up and post my results :)

edit: Results quickly added from Typhoon Burner just loaded for a snapshot

image.png

and PSU is a Corsair RM850, OS on 2tb Crucial MX500

Last edited:
Finally got round to installing Afterburner to see its OSD for that, was just using the Xbox Win+G performance one for a rough look before....I still need to tidy up the OSD displays to show whats relevant

The busy open area (it was a bit less busy by time took the screenshots)

Here is the spot at Low No RT settings (vsync is off in both)......at busiest point on first loading at was dropping to mid 40s, though earlier bits in the game were higher FPS

low.png

And here it is with RT Ultra (from memory I think DLSS was set to Quality but it seems to make no difference.....but can see the CPU and GPU usage is dropping)

RT-Ultra.png

I've just done some more digging, and found that Asus AI Suite apparently may be the issue.......it seems that once its installed (which it is), that it basically sc***s the system over and wont work right even on uninstall of AI Suite....so far people have fixed it by uninstalling AI Suite and then doing a windows 10 upgrade over itself..........I don't fancy doing the "upgrade", but I'll read through to end of these posts on it in case someone found a way to undo the mess AI Suite is making first

Finally got round to installing Afterburner to see its OSD for that, was just using the Xbox Win+G performance one for a rough look before....I still need to tidy up the OSD displays to show whats relevant

The busy open area (it was a bit less busy by time took the screenshots)

Here is the spot at Low No RT settings (vsync is off in both)......at busiest point on first loading at was dropping to mid 40s, though earlier bits in the game were higher FPS

low.png

And here it is with RT Ultra (from memory I think DLSS was set to Quality but it seems to make no difference.....but can see the CPU and GPU usage is dropping)

RT-Ultra.png
Can you show CPU clockspeed and temperature in those screenshots too? Which percentage is GPU usage?

Hi, I did manage to enable normal "Ultimate Performance" by running something on the command line. A quick try of that seems to be the same, maybe a bit higher on the CPU usage perhaps. I also set the nvidia profile to maximum power too for the exe

I have 2 x 16gb ram sticks in (not the best specs themselves, Patriot Viper 4 Steel Series DDR4 32GB(2 x 16GB) 3600MHz Kit, which according to the page info is (Base Timings: 15-15-15-36
Tested Timings: 18-22-22-42). Setting DOCP would give BSOD almost immediately on reaching the login screen, sometimes a few black screen flashes before it would happen if made it to the desktop. I tried to use the Typhoon Burner, but couldn't work out what on earth I was doing haha, and could not ID what kind of chips I had to be able put into the calculator....so in the end I found I could get it stable, by setting DOCP but then changing the frequency to be 3200 instead of 3600, and leaving the rest as is

image.png

The motherboard is an Asus Rog Strix B550-E Gaming, latest bios, OS is probably around 2 months from a fresh build, 3080 card installed yesterday (from a 980)

I'll set 3D Mark up and post my results :)

edit: Results quickly added from Typhoon Burner just loaded for a snapshot

image.png

and PSU is a Corsair RM850, OS on 2tb Crucial MX500
How come your RAM and infinity fabric are running 20+ MHz below where they should be? Could you show a screenshot of the CPU part of CPU-z so I can see the Bus speed?

Also, please download GPU-z and make sure the PCIE link is running at X16 PCIE 4.0.

Back
Top Bottom