• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Thanks - I'll give Cinebench a shot tomorrow (while I'm supposed to be working ;) )

Wish I had a 1440p screen to try for higher res's

Something that is peculiar here I just found. If you maybe recall I mentioned PC was idling at around 100-120 watts normally before while was having the main issue with the AI Suite. After I removed that and did the Windows 10 upgrade on top of itself it was behaving better, but pc idling was around 180w instead

Well, I thought lets try a proper clean of the GPU drivers, I'd read one post that suggested elsewhere that the Geforce Experience overlay can cause other issues....so I pulled the cable, DDU removed nvidia drivers in safe mode, then went back to windows and installed the latesst nvidia drivers before reconnecting network cable

Now the PC is back to idling around 95-120watts again when idle......performance on cyberpunk is still the same however

Edit, I'll just quickly try that Ryzen Master to see what that shows and check for any eco mode but I don't think it is - with AI Suite itself I never even ran anything - I didn't understand any of the buttons so left it alone but it seems that plenty people have reproduced it causing problems for their games
I just might have worked out what the problem is. Did you say you enabled virtualisation? If so go to Windows Settings, Update and Security, Windows Security, Open Windows Security, Device Security and click on Core Isolation Details. Turn off Memory Integrity and restart the PC when it tells you to. This should fix the problem.

Here is the Ryzen Master screenshot

image.png

CPU-Z I just pressed to stress CPU, that Bus speed went up to approx 99.5 but never fully hit 100.

Here it is just a few moments after pressing to stress cpu

image.png

Now to try to find Eco mode on the bios :)

I just might have worked out what the problem is. Did you say you enabled virtualisation? If so go to Windows Settings, Update and Security, Windows Security, Open Windows Security, Device Security and click on Core Isolation Details. Turn off Memory Integrity and restart the PC when it tells you to. This should fix the problem.

Oh okies, yes virtualisation is enabled - one moment I'll try that

edit - nope not that it's already turned off

Here is the Ryzen Master screenshot

image.png

CPU-Z I just pressed to stress CPU, that Bus speed went up to approx 99.5 but never fully hit 100.

Here it is just a few moments after pressing to stress cpu

image.png

Now to try to find Eco mode on the bios :)
Ryzen Master is in basic view, can you post a screenshot in Advanced View please? It's the button on the bottom left.

Aah sorry, I meant "Memory Integrity" was turned off....SVM was enabled

I say was as I decided to disable it while in the bios hunting for any eco mode too

I couldn't see anything as Eco mode, but thats where I decided to try and turn off SVM. I then remembered about only one other setting that had been changed in the BIOS.

This was "Power Supply Idle Control"

With the bugs with these B550 motherboards, where the USB ports would drop out, at the time this was the only way to fix that from happening to set it from "Auto" to "Typical"

This was fixed in the most recent BIOS update but I hadn't set it back yet so did that at the same time

IMG-20210308-000857.jpg

IMG-20210308-001345.jpg

So I have turned off HyperV for now (its not essential currently as I'm no longer using the HyperV VM and may just delete it), and set that control back

On running CPU-Z now its more closer to 100 (and did show 100 at one point looking at it)

image.png

Ran Cyberpunk again, same settings of 1080p and both Low -RT and Ultra+RT
image.png

image.png

It looks like it bumped it an extra few frames......still same thing with DLSS making no difference to whether have it on quality or fugly modes etc it seems to love being keeping it around that same level :)

Aah sorry, I meant "Memory Integrity" was turned off....SVM was enabled

I say was as I decided to disable it while in the bios hunting for any eco mode too

I couldn't see anything as Eco mode, but thats where I decided to try and turn off SVM. I then remembered about only one other setting that had been changed in the BIOS.

This was "Power Supply Idle Control"

With the bugs with these B550 motherboards, where the USB ports would drop out, at the time this was the only way to fix that from happening to set it from "Auto" to "Typical"

This was fixed in the most recent BIOS update but I hadn't set it back yet so did that at the same time

IMG-20210308-000857.jpg

IMG-20210308-001345.jpg

So I have turned off HyperV for now (its not essential currently as I'm no longer using the HyperV VM and may just delete it), and set that control back

On running CPU-Z now its more closer to 100 (and did show 100 at one point looking at it)

image.png

Ran Cyberpunk again, same settings of 1080p and both Low -RT and Ultra+RT
image.png

image.png

It looks like it bumped it an extra few frames......still same thing with DLSS making no difference to whether have it on quality or fugly modes etc it seems to love being keeping it around that same level :)
That looks much better, GPU usage still looks low but I think that's the game and everyone gets that problem with Cyberpunk. Your Ryzen Master looks completely normal too.

That looks much better, GPU usage still looks low but I think that's the game and everyone gets that problem with Cyberpunk. Your Ryzen Master looks completely normal too.

Thanks - Still don't understand why lowering settings on things like DLSS isn't increasing performance, just decreasing power use effectively - but I'm getting somewhere....I'm sure a good chunk of the rest is simply bugs/optimisations with the game too :)

Just installing Cinebench, I'll try to get results up tonight but if not they'll be up in the morning if its a quick test :)

Thanks for all the help btw, much appreciated

Didn't realise Cinebench was such a quick test

Here is the result, 4139pts, looks to be a bit lower than the guru3d bench of 4390pts but not sure on the margin of error

That's because earlier BIOSes did not respect power limits (a bad idea on the stock cooler), giving higher scores. If you look at people running the latest BIOSes they are all getting around your score.

Thanks - Still don't understand why lowering settings on things like DLSS isn't increasing performance, just decreasing power use effectively - but I'm getting somewhere....I'm sure a good chunk of the rest is simply bugs/optimisations with the game too :)

Just installing Cinebench, I'll try to get results up tonight but if not they'll be up in the morning if its a quick test :)

Thanks for all the help btw, much appreciated
That's okay. I'll say good night now and check the thread tomorrow. Glad I was able to help:).

That's okay. I'll say good night now and check the thread tomorrow. Glad I was able to help:).

I'd just found it and ran it, here are the results :), 4139 and 594.

image.png

Sorry its gone a bit off topic, but hopefully this hassle will help others too - especially re the AI Suite issues, DDU and SVM tweaks if not needed too

Back
Top Bottom