• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

No, they claim memory optimisations, which always means downgrades unless they re-write the code (which never happens). The texture part that got improved is the stuff like billboards textures loading quicker (which previously I'd have through ini tweaks), but the overall model lod transitions are shorter (thus more obvious), and you can see this even just in terms of vram & ram allocation (lower in 1.2 vs 1.12), which means it will hit memory bandwidth harder which means lower performance and more awful transitions on the frametime graph particularly when driving fast (because more swaps occur; again the opposite of what they needed to allow).

edit: see examples here https://www.computerbase.de/2021-03/cyberpunk-1.2-raytracing-benchmark-test/
That's disappointing, I can understand them doing it for lower quality settings but don't ruin it for those of us who have high end hardware.

ssr off:

LWjiotf.png
ssr psycho:
J1iDgs3.png

rt (not that impressive tbh)

tUz0D8H.png

Depends very much on the scene with ray tracing, it might not always be "that" noticeable but when it is, it is rather stunning imo

1v5JzFf.jpg

mkPBA29.jpg

zzUPE99.jpg

KdOzQV1.jpg

VYW95xE.jpg

omyQk8H.jpg

And as showed in a video earlier, the biggest advantage is simply not having reflections etc. disappear just because you have changed camera angle :o i.e.

HA2fkHc.jpg

nMLqlaF.jpg

Sadly though, to get the better IQ, which ray tracing provides, you really do need something like DLSS otherwise it's a no go.

Depends very much on the scene with ray tracing, it might not always be "that" noticeable but when it is, it is rather stunning imo
1v5JzFf.jpg

mkPBA29.jpg

zzUPE99.jpg

KdOzQV1.jpg

VYW95xE.jpg

omyQk8H.jpg

And as showed in a video earlier, the biggest advantage is simply not having reflections etc. disappear just because you have changed camera angle :o i.e.

HA2fkHc.jpg

nMLqlaF.jpg

Sadly though, to get the better IQ, which ray tracing provides, you really do need something like DLSS otherwise it's a no go.

bro i meant that particular scene not rt implementation of the game in general :D :)

i'm in awe playing this game with rt enabled, it can fall short in rare circumstances like those ofc but in general its a crazy tech

for me cyberpunk is the most impressive rt showcase game for now. other games feel more lackluster. i tried godfall, dirt 5 etc and didnt see much impressive results

Last edited:
RTX still not ready then? What a surprise :rolleyes:
So relieved is was unable to upgrade from my mighty 1080ti.... Long live the 1080ti!

I'll get a new card when it can do rtx no problem at 4k :p

Except it is as you can play at 4k 60 with dlss and ray tracing ;)

Pure gaming bliss just driving around the city and taking in the views. It's almost like this game was made for oled.

Btw some performance figures if anyone's interested in the settings scaling (1080p, mix of ultra settings):

7afWifr.png
Dv3cKF3.png

Pure gaming bliss just driving around the city and taking in the views. It's almost like this game was made for oled.

Heck yeah you ain't a gamer if you don't have an HDR OLED, doesn't matter how frames you get if it's displayed on a crappy screen :cry::D:p

Last edited:

It was also amazing on my old qled, best game colours and graphics I seen by a long way. I think I done about 16 hours playtime looking round before I done a mission.

Going back to other games after playing that was hard beccause even the good looking ones just looked plain in comparison.

I haven't tried it on my new screen yet, it has better VRR than my old one thouggh which will go right from 20fps to 120fps so should be perfect for a game like this that likes to dip down on max settings.

Is anyone running 3080 with 5800X.?
I’m thinking of upgrading my 3700X to the newer 8 core as they are currently on offer here at ocuk.
3080 seems to be heavily bottlenecked in that game with my 3700X and gpu usage is dropping as low as ~70% when driving.
That is at 4K with ray tracing and DLSS performance.

I’m thinking of upgrading my 3700X to the newer 8 core as they are currently on offer here at ocuk.
3080 seems to be heavily bottlenecked in that game with my 3700X and gpu usage is dropping as low as ~70% when driving.

tweak your subtimings
also use smt fix
and finally, you can try lowering crowd density to medium and cascaded shadows range to medium

tweak your subtimings
also use smt fix
and finally, you can try lowering crowd density to medium and cascaded shadows range to medium
Tried to tweak my memory a few times and it was never stable.
Was using Dram calculator for Ryzen and my ram is 8Pac with Samsung bdie chips.
Currently running XMP 3600 16cl.
Smt fix never done anything for me and I don’t really want to lower settings like crowd density or draw distance and make it look more like last gen consoles.

3070 with 5800X and it’s nowhere near bottlenecking, 60% CPU usage at the most, 1440p Ultra, crowds dialled all the way up.

Tried to tweak my memory a few times and it was never stable.
Was using Dram calculator for Ryzen and my ram is 8Pac with Samsung bdie chips.
Currently running XMP 3600 16cl.
Smt fix never done anything for me and I don’t really want to lower settings like crowd density or draw distance and make it look more like last gen consoles.

nextgen consoles use low crowd density setting though, so medium is still a big difference compared to low

interesting finds for you, smt clearly uplifts my cpu performance with 2700x, and i can tweak the hell out of my timings with my cheap crucial ballistix 3000 cl15 kits
smt off

Yb0YmNI.png

smt on
1RtJh8s.png

i tested in all other scenes and places and the general uplift is arund %15-19 depending on the scenes

and finally some ram timing benchmarks;
13mwa8K.png

i tested the stability of my oc with a huge variety of programs and no problems occured for 1 year but i dont know why samsung acts up, so i'm sorry on that front

nextgen consoles use low crowd density setting though, so medium is still a big difference compared to low

interesting finds for you, smt clearly uplifts my cpu performance with 2700x, and i can tweak the hell out of my timings with my cheap crucial ballistix 3000 cl15 kits
smt off

Yb0YmNI.png

smt on
1RtJh8s.png

i tested in all other scenes and places and the general uplift is arund %15-19 depending on the scenes

and finally some ram timing benchmarks;
13mwa8K.png

i tested the stability of my oc with a huge variety of programs and no problems occured for 1 year but i dont know why samsung acts up, so i'm sorry on that front

All that and yet your gpu usage is laughably low = huge bottleneck.

Edit: just noticed you are using 50% res scale for testing so I take it back lol

Last edited:
3070 with 5800X and it’s nowhere near bottlenecking, 60% CPU usage at the most, 1440p Ultra, crowds dialled all the way up.
Just because your cpu only is 60% used doesn’t mean your gpu is not bottlenecked by it.
Not every game can use all available cores.
What is your gpu usage in busy areas/when driving.?

All that and yet your gpu usage is laughably low = huge bottleneck.
that's a cpu test though, i always feel the need of lowering the res as most as possible while keeping settings at high to prevent performance being gpu bound

HPYq9Dd.png

3070 becomes gpu bound with dlss quality, or even at native 1080p with maxed out rt settings (rt lighting ultra)

mufq20J.png

lowering the rt lighting from psycho to ultra admittedly produces a little bit of bottleneck, but i guess an old cpu can only do so much ;(

IazfDkX.png

finally, native 1080p gpu destroyed :p

QalNeDS.png

of course i run 3.7 ghz as you may notice when i'm not playing heavy games (it uses a ton less power and i can practically make the fan run at minimum speed at all times). i usually use pbo and voltage offset to get 4.1-4.15 ghz so that should also boost the frames a bit but i didn't bother for now (3.7 ghz is base clock for 2700x without core boost)

fps hugely drops if i run around a lot though. but then i noticed the same pattern with a 5600x so i figured game has great issues with asset streaming? it's practically impossible to lock to 60 fps in this particular street (jig-jig street, brandbury and buran fastpoint), while running around with maxed out sprint

that's a cpu test though, i always feel the need of lowering the res as most as possible while keeping settings at high to prevent performance being gpu bound

I’ve noticed that hence my edit.
Will probably give memory timing another try.
Maybe instability issues are due to my motherboard as it’s crappy MSI X470 Gaming Pro.
Last time I tried it started having issues with cpu voltage reading showing something like 1.65v even tho temps were normal.
Eventually it sorted itself up.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed that hence my edit.
yeah sorry for confusion :eek: now i saw your edit so apologies

i guess either new gen games will be really tough on cpus, or this is an outlier. i will have to eventually upgrade to a 5000 series cpu, but will wait a bit so that may get cheaper. i wont be able to put a 6000 series cpu to my b450 so i might as well wait for them, so that 5000 price may be cut. but maye im being optimistic, dunno :p

them using low crowd density on sx/ps5 is troubling though, wish reviewers exposed it more (i never saw any reviewer nitpicking it. every ps5/sx video i saw has mostly empty streets. ps4 and xbox even worse, they use a setting that is lower than low, and almost prevents any npc from spawning, at all)

. we shall see if they improve things with teh so called "next gen" patch for those consoles but they seem to be incapable of fixing their game yet so performance is not a concern for them it seems like

again though, these are temporary fixes, i guess you can just go for a 5800x but maybe they will get a huge price drop when 6000 series are released?

Last edited:
Yeah I'm running that setup, haven't found anything that bottlenecks the GPU. Cyberpunk runs with the GPU at 99% at 1440p with all the bells and whistles turned on and dlss set to quality. CPU doesn't seem to get stressed at all, but I don't really monitor it that much, it's at stock with Bdie 3200 memory and tight timings. I can upload a video later this evening if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom