*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
and it's been a pretty steep learning curve for some of my less "intuitive" items like cyberware, crafting and the whole "hacking" side but overall I'm enjoying it

What is really annoying me is when you are in the middle of doing something and it introduces a new mechanic or a new feature of a mechanic like some of the hacking stuff and suddenly you are prompted to press a specific key to do an action, a key that isn't present as a bind anywhere in the menu, usually in my case doesn't fit with my control setup, etc.

It is obvious no one but the programmers who already had their own binds setup, etc. and knew how the features worked, etc. have actually played the game before release or they just ignored the play testers (as too often happens).

One of my friends who works for a certain high street store was saying today they've had around 1/3rd of the games (that they've sold at that store) come back requesting refunds that they've sold due supposedly it just constantly crashing for those people on console.

Soldato
If I had a console I'd be weeping. It's not like they can just decide to go out and spend on a gaming PC as components are in short supply, or even upgrade to the new consoles for the same reason.

The XBone and PS4 all variants are stonkingly out of date.

Soldato
Then you have the AI, or lack of. Came across one of those areas the cops want you to clear out. They seemed to have an invisible wall they couldn’t go past, so I just hid round the corner chucking grenades at them.

I had something like that on one of the cyberpsycho missions. I was using my OP sniper rifle and I think because I was further away he didn't really move, just moved between two positions and didn't return fire until he was down to 50% health. Still enjoying the game overall.

Well I'm 21hrs in so far, having never played or heard of the original or sequel and it's been a pretty steep learning curve for some of my less "intuitive" items like cyberware, crafting and the whole "hacking" side

Yes, the crafting is a bit of a mystery. It isn't really explained how you earn the different components unless it is buried on a shard somewhere.

Soldato
I've managed to fix my FPS! I found an obscure thread on reddit talking about the asus suite III software. I installed this months ago and deleted shortly after, apparently deleting isn't enough and only a format will do.

I'd used the hex editor, power management, config tweaks and saw maybe 5-10 fps more (coming from 50-60 fps). I also saw no change when changing resolutions from 1080p, 1440p or 4k. (same 60-70 fps). Now I've formatted (not even on the latest drivers) I am getting 150 on 1080p and 100-120 on 1440p.

So looks like it's solved! Hope this helps someone else. If you want to try a fresh format, you can partition C and give it ago that way. I'd been looking for hours for a fix!

Specs 3080 FE and a 5600x
ultra mainly, yep no rtx. I've played around with it and just prefer the game with high fps now, I played 10 hours or so with 50-60 so feels much nicer at this framerate.
I tried the same but feel a game like Cyberpunk is more about the eye candy.

RTX certainly adds to the environments and makes them come alive. Without it looks great but doesnt have the same atmosphere (for me anyway)
Even the film grain and other basic settings make it better which i know others dont like. It a bit similar to Alien Isolation in that sense

The game so for for me (playing Street Kid) is like multiple games rolled into one;
Splinter Cell
Fade to black
GTA
Terminator II Arcade game
Full Throttle

Soldato
Completed last night. Endings plays out pretty much like you would expect. I cant overly fault it, cdpr have a habit of not ending games well.

Ultimately it feels like they should have just made a more refined world experience and improved their engine tech to a point where they could have reduced half the content, halved the map but make your decisions matter from person to person. I think people would have been really happy if a branching narrative was actually created. Where a quest action directly impacted another action etc etc.

Feels like the game wants to run on turbo but maybe would have been more beneficial to slow everything down a notch, remove half the clutter and even make things like combat slower.

I have no idea why they didn't just make Deus Ex in one large hub world. Feels like a massive blunder.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm playing fine with 8gb of ram lol, never had a crash yet and sometimes I've had the game booted for hours, it's in the background still right now
5705mb video ram
6327mb memory

I'm not convinced there is a memory leak.

are you using a beta video card driver? maybe it has issues with shader or texture/geometry cache
? did you do the AMD SM cpu thingy? are you using mods? reshade?

Nope, all official drivers. I did try the AMD SM thingy yesterday, can't say it made any difference.

Lots of people on Reddit with similar issues, it's slow leak though, probably only notice it if you play for long sessions.

Associate
I have an RTX 3070 and I am gaming at 1440P Ultra-wide (Resolution 3440x1440). It's so sad the card is practically performing at 2080/2080ti levels but is being held back by the VRAM 100% on this title least. It's depressing to look at. Bought the card specifically for the Cyberpunk launch as it was the only RTX I could find for a not-over-the-top price in my area. Being new to RTX, as I upgraded from GTX 1080, of course I started having weird lag spikes and began to monitor everything. So, the major lag spikes started happening when the game reached 7,9GB of VRAM. The GPU usage then spikes down quickly, resulting in a stutter, and then goes back up, which I assume is because of the VRAM.

Oh, and there are definitely some memory leaks involved - I have 32gb of RAM and the game uses about ~13gb of it at times. Then, at some points the game will start to get really laggy and only a restart will help (might not be a memory leak, something else) but ther's a bug regarding that for sure.

Man of Honour
Had my first major glitch yesterday and also first crash (separate event). Total play time on STEAM is 43.5 hours in...

On the main mission with a BD scene with JS when the entire game world vanishes as per the minor store room glitch gif posted earlier in the thread. The script and story still running normally and boundaries still there so you can still talk and interact with what's supposed to be there but visually is invisible. Had to reload an earlier save to restart this segment which then loaded it all fine.

The crash was when I'd just finished decrypting a militech data shard and got a CTD the moment it finished.

Oh and a third glitch was one of the the Cyberpsycho side mission investigations during the bloody cult one whereby the mini-boss would not trigger and you were left wondering wtf. Had to reload that section again too and going by STEAM forums others had the exact same issue and it only triggers if you investigation the scene a certain way. When you reach this side mission remember to not touch the ice bath at all even though the prompt on screen says investigate. Look left there's a body with a slice in its stomach, investigate that and JS will appear, then as you move back towards the ice bath the event trigger will take place.

Soldato
New Nvidia drivers seem to have given a bit of a frame rate bump for this game...
Along with some texture flashing / corruption. 445.87 still here. Only issue i get is some strange faded black triangles over smoke and the t stance thing where you appear outside the car when driving

Associate
What looks dreadful? The game itself or the bugs?

The game itself looks incredible from a visual perspective, on my PC anyway.

The whole package. You buy a game for the whole experience, not just the graphics. This barely looks like a minimum viable product. If we are being generous and ignoring the bugs, apart from ray-tracing, is there anything even remotely innovative about this game? It looks like it was written/artistically designed by a group of nob-obsessed 15 yr old lads.

Associate
So I'm 34 hours into the game, I've done a mix of main and side quests and a whole lot of just following interest points on the map.

My experience of Cyberpunk so far is that it feels like I've played it before, nothing feels new. It's like a mix of GTA and Far Cry only it doesn't quite feel as well refined as those games. For example cars dont drive aswell as GTA, night city feels like GTA5 but more clumbsy and difficult to navigate. The first person gunplay doesn't feel quite as satisfying and fluid as Far Cry (yes I know Cyberpunk is an RPG, but its built to play like an fps...)

It also needs quality of life adjustments. The UI, map, item menus and journal all need an overhaul because it's difficult to follow what quests what and where it is on the map because all markers look alike. The enemies, knowing whose who and what the markers mean, how do the police work etc. Knowing how to do things, what you can and can't do in stealth mode, menus seem hidden in strange places, how to craft, where to find items you need, who the hell is the person calling you and WHY are they calling you.. etc.

There's a lot of fun in the game but it's sad that it took me like 20 hours in to get to grips with how to play and how the game works. But my biggest gripe with the game and the one I'm most surprised about so far, is how poorly the story progresses and the lack of a substantial introduction to it's world for the player. There's very little organic flow to character introductions, the people that call you for jobs, of story events, of why V's motivated to do the things he does etc etc. There's no agency in the protagonist until Jonnhy Silverhand comes along (which saved V's character because he was downright generic until that part).

I think this might be more of a personal preference thing but I genuinely don't think the first-person perspective has helped story and narration at all. CDPR's main strengths, what they excell at, is story telling, world building and atmosphere. So far I'm only seeing it in bits and pieces. Personally I think story events and character driven moments in the game would have worked so much better if they were done in third person, cinematic style. Like leave the gameplay first-person but animate the cutscenes in the style of Witcher 3. I actually thought this was how it was going to be done because of the gameplay footage they released last year when you do the mission with Jackie and he's bleeding out in the car? It was all animated cinematically and looked great. Now it just feels like I'm playing Far Cry, events don't hold the weight they should and I feel like I'm missing the heart of the story and it's characters.

I know this is negative. It's certainly not a bad game, it's just very different to what I was expecting, no doubt due to the insane hype over the game. Needless to say, after settling down with the game and resetting my expectations, I'm enjoying it for what it is now. I think I'm about half way through the game and I'm looking forward to completing it and seeing what else it'll throw at me. It's just, when comparing it to the standards that the Witcher 3 set, this falls short by quite a bit. It's hindered by iffy design decisions and gameplay systems that needed longer in development.

Thanks for this, I think it sums up exactly my concerns about the game and why I don't think I would particularly enjoy it. It is trying to be all things to all people and seems to achieve none of them well. I will probably still buy it, just to check it out, but I doubt I'll finish it. I certainly won't be upgrading for it.

Soldato
I have an RTX 3070 and I am gaming at 1440P Ultra-wide (Resolution 3440x1440). It's so sad the card is practically performing at 2080/2080ti levels but is being held back by the VRAM 100% on this title least. It's depressing to look at. Bought the card specifically for the Cyberpunk launch as it was the only RTX I could find for a not-over-the-top price in my area. Being new to RTX, as I upgraded from GTX 1080, of course I started having weird lag spikes and began to monitor everything. So, the major lag spikes started happening when the game reached 7,9GB of VRAM. The GPU usage then spikes down quickly, resulting in a stutter, and then goes back up, which I assume is because of the VRAM.

Oh, and there are definitely some memory leaks involved - I have 32gb of RAM and the game uses about ~13gb of it at times. Then, at some points the game will start to get really laggy and only a restart will help (might not be a memory leak, something else) but ther's a bug regarding that for sure.
What CPU do you have?

Soldato
My main dislike so far is that at nighttime the city looks very cyberpunk, but in the daytime it just looks to clean happy and blueskies, its not very atmospheric on a lovely sunny day?
Most cyberpunky type films etc in the future the weather is messed up and smoggy grim / foggy / cloudy raining all the time
Even if you want Mad max feel you need sandstorms smog etc

farcry blue skies doesnt fit

Back
Top Bottom